The captain wants to see me at the station.
他说有点事要我帮忙
He says he needs my help with something.
"来一趟办公室
"Come by the office.
别带夏洛克"
No Sherlock."
快进来
Come in, come in.
把门关上
Close the door.
抱歉这么不由分说地叫你来 只是
I'm sorry for the cloak-and-dagger-- it's just,
这事我不想声张
this is a little delicate.
没事吧
Is everything okay?
我收到了升职的邀请
I've been offered a promotion.
上头对我们的工作很满意
Downtown likes the work we've been doing,
想升我做副局长
and they want to bump me up to Deputy Chief.
太好了 我要给你个拥抱吗
That's incredible! Do I give you a hug?
不不 不用
No, no, no, no, no.
你先坐吧
You can, you can sit.
这事还没决定
This is not a done deal.
但你会答应的吧
Well, but you're gonna say yes.
有什么理由不呢
Why wouldn't you?
要是找不到合适的人来接替我
If I'm not leaving my people in good hands,
我就不会离开大家
I'm not leaving my people at all.
他们想找来顶替我的人叫安·瓦西
Now, the name they've floated to replace me is Ann Vescey.
她是五一小队的头 在布朗克斯区
She's a C.O. of the five-one squad, up in the Bronx.
你认识她吗
Do you know her?
略知一二
I know of her.
她挺有冲劲
She's, uh, got some heat.
有很多追随者
All the right people are fans.
但我担心她的来头
But I'm worried about her home base.
五一小队传出过保管间丑闻
The five-one had a property room scandal
就在几年前
a couple of years back, and although
尽管她没受到牵连...
she wasn't implicated...
你想让我查查她
You want me to check her out.
没错
Yeah.
她手下有几个人
A few of her guys there
有习惯从保管间
had a habit of skimming from a big coke bust
顺查收的可♥卡♥因♥出去
that they had in property lockup.
他们很小心 一次只带一点
They were careful, took a little at a time...
总之 内务部不确定所有涉案人员都落网了
long story short is, IAB wasn't sure that they got everyone.
现在重案组的弹性预算数额
Now, Major Crimes has the biggest discretionary budget
仅次于反恐组
short of Counterterrorism.
我得确定
I got to know for sure that
我不会把钥匙交给一个
I'm not handing over the keys
手脚不干净的人
to someone with sticky fingers.
我明白了
I get it.
我本想让你叫上福尔摩斯的 但...
I would've asked you to bring Holmes, but...
你不想声张
It's delicate.
我很乐意帮忙
I'm happy to help.
你在电♥话♥里跟我说
You told me on the phone
这是关于芭芭拉·康维的案子
this was about the Barbara Conway case.
我要是说实话
It seemed unlikely you'd be willing
你可能不会开口 所以我撒谎了
to talk about the real reason for my visit, so I lied.
相信你很快就会用谎言回敬我的
I'm sure you'll return the favor soon enough.
我不明白你为何会有敌意 福尔摩斯先生
I don't understand the hostility, Mr. Holmes.
你破解了我们的CFO
You... you solved the murder of our CFO
和一个董事会成员的谋杀案
and one of our board members,
可你却仍觉得我们不会见你
and you still don't think we'd meet with you?
因为这地方是个恶毒的地狱之口
Because this place is a malevolent hellmouth,
所有经过的人
and all who pass through it
都是一起正在持续的生态冲击中的同谋
are complicit in an ongoing ecological onslaught.
还是说明日农业仍要否认
Or does AgriNext still deny
是你们的杀虫剂引起了蜂群崩坏症候群
that its pesticides are causing Colony Collapse Disorder?
当然要否认 从来没有可靠联♥系♥能说明...
Of course it does. There's never been a credible link...
这么说 公♥司♥就有动机
So, the company would have had
要除掉某个想找出联♥系♥的人了
motive to do away with someone who was trying to find the link.
比如 埃弗雷特·凯克
Everett Keck, for example.
我不认为这房♥间里有人真的杀了人
I doubt that anyone in this room committed the actual crime,
但在明日农业这样大的公♥司♥中 要花点时间
but in a pit such as AgriNext, it takes time to determine
才能搞清两条蛇的首尾在何处衔接
where one snake ends and the next begins,
所以我要尽量
so I'm going to give your executives
警告你们的高管们 主动坦白
as much warning as possible: come forward with information,
才有可能从宽处理
you may be spared.
你说对了
You're right...
公♥司♥的确注意到了凯克先生
about the company having an awareness of Mr. Keck.
自然 我们也知道他在帮高等研究所做的事
Naturally, we knew about the work he was doing for the ASI.
我们知道他的报告
We knew about his report.
但相信我 这里没人有必要伤害他
But trust me, nobody here needed to hurt him.
我们已经做好了准备
We were well prepared
迎接他可能提出的任何指控
to counter any claims he might make.
请解释
Explain.
我们为了对抗他做了一些调查
We invested in some oppositional research.
事实证明 凯克先生
As it turned out, Mr. Keck...
在学术上是没资格
was academically under-qualified
坐到他如今的位子的
for his position.
他是个佛教学院的辍学生
He was a Buddhist seminary dropout.
时不时还会吸毒
Also an abuser of recreational drugs.
他在工作中也问题不少
He also had problems at work.
树敌颇多
He made enemies.
有一次 农业部还不得不给他停职
At one point, the USDA even had to suspend him.
其实我可以给你提供几个
So I could probably provide you with the names
可能的嫌疑人名字
of a few good suspects...
但恐怕你让我心情不太愉悦
but I'm afraid you haven't put me in a very generous mood.
所以你还是走吧
So I think I'd rather you just left.
警监要离开我们了吗
Is the captain leaving us?
你监听了他的办公室还是怎么的
Do you have his office bugged or something?
-你没否认 -你怎么...
- So you don't deny it. - How could you...
时间点和大环境
Timing and context.
大选前的春天
The spring before an election is the
是纽约警局传统的清扫季
NYPD's traditional housecleaning season.
而我们的结案率把荣誉给到警监
And it was only a matter of time before our clearance rate
只是时间问题
conferred glory upon the captain.
当然不是说他配不上这荣誉
Not that he isn't deserving of it himself, of course.
你看过个人档案了
You saw the personnel file.
我听说过瓦西副队长的名字
Lieutenant Vescey's name is familiar to me,
正如部门里其他人一样
as are most names within the department.
不需要多充足的想象力就可以知道警监
It's not a great leap to imagine that the captain
会想要审查自己的接♥班♥人
would want to vet his potential replacement.
你了解她吗
Do you know much about her?
我知道很多人认为她是新起之秀
I know she's considered by many to be a rising star,
但作为女人的她 我还没那个荣幸结识
but as for the woman herself, I've not had the pleasure.
她以前跟一些行为不当的人共事过
She came up with a few bad apples--
我本应该查查她有没有受到影响
I'm supposed to find out if they rubbed off.
-就这样了 -什么这样了
- That's it? - What's it?
我告诉你警监没准要走了 你一点反应没有
I tell you the Captain might be leaving, and nothing?
你以为他会当一辈子警监吗
Well, did you imagine he would remain a Captain forever?
你以为马库斯会永远当警探吗
Do you think Marcus will always be a Detective?
你和我存在于
You and I exist
部门官僚结构之外
outside of the bureaucracy of the department,
是有原因的
and that is by design.
我们的同事会随时接受升职
Our colleagues are as vulnerable to promotions
同样也会遇到降职
as they are to demotions,
而我们能做的
and we can do little
也就只有恭喜前者 惋惜后者
but honor the former and mourn the latter.
那如果瓦西警监认为她不需要
And what if Captain Vescey doesn't think she needs
两名顾问的存在呢
a couple of consultants hanging around?
那她就会让自己变成一个白♥痴♥
Then she will reveal herself an idiot.
而你和我会找到一个新的栖身之所...
And you and I shall find a new perch...
很可能是受到新近升职朋友的帮助
presumably with the help of a newly promoted friend.
看起来你在这里给美国农业部
Looks like you opened up a satellite office
建立了一个办事处似的
for the Department of Agriculture in here.
二万五千种蜜蜂 学无止境
25,000 species of bee-- always much to learn.
如果你想继续凯克的工作
Well, if you're planning on picking up where Keck left off,
也许应该先解决他的谋杀案
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表