我们觉得我们找到了
We think we found the place
窃贼去埃德温·波斯坦的公♥司♥踩点时待的地方
where the burglar staked out Edwin Borstein's company.
马科斯查了烟头上的DNA
Marcus ran the DNA on the butts.
但我们没找到匹配结果 没有确切结果
We didn't find a match, though. Not exactly.
四年前 有人闯入了哈佛的遗传学实验室
Four years ago, someone broke into the genetics lab in Harvard
并偷走了整个人类基因组的第一份书面副本
and stole the first written copy of the entire human genome.
窃贼在翻窗户时划伤了自己
The burglar cut himself climbing through the window,
留下了一些与我们今天
and he left some blood behind
找到的DNA相符的血迹
which matched the DNA that we found today.
目击者说那家伙开车逃走了
The witness saw the guy driving away.
剑桥警方画了一幅草图
Police in Cambridge made a sketch.
我们在翻阅被捕人员照片
Yeah, we've been looking through arrest photos,
想碰碰运气
hoping to get lucky.
他叫拉弗尔斯
His name is Raffles.
你认识他
You know him?
他的名字叫拉弗尓斯
His name's Raffles?
那是个绰号♥
It's a nickname.
苏格兰场的人给他起的这个名字
Scotland Yard gave it to him when he reminded somebody there
因为他让人想起E.W.霍农小说里的绅士大盗
of the gentleman thief in the novels by E.W. Hornung.
拉弗尔斯是欧洲的一个飞贼
Raffles is a cat burglar in Europe,
在九几年和零几年很活跃
active in the '90s and early aughts.
我从没查过他 也许这就是他没被抓到的原因
I never pursued him, which might explain why he was never caught.
但他们抓到了一个他的同伙
But they did arrest one of his associates
帮他们画了拉弗尔斯肖像
who gave them the sketch of Raffles.
而他跟这个人长得很像
And he looked like this fellow.
你说他以前是偷画的
You said he was stealing paintings.
他现在开始偷科技产品了
He's going after pieces of technology now.
作案手法为什么变了
Why the change in M.O.?
我不知道
I don't know.
如果我们查出原因 就更容易查出他的身份
If we find out why, we'll be closer to finding out who he is.
我们得看看局里的档案上有什么
We need to see what the department has on file
关于拉弗尔斯的信息
with regards to Raffles.
你现在要屈尊加入我们了吗
Oh, you're deigning to join us now?
我有个打败"贝拉"的对策
I have a strategy to best Bella.
她...
She...
"它"不会再破坏我的努力了
it will not frustrate my efforts again.
另外 直到五分钟前
And besides, until five minutes ago,
你还在追捕一名普通的窃贼
you were pursuing a garden-variety burglar.
现在你查的可是拉弗尔斯
Now you're after Raffles himself.
我当然要加入
Of course I'm joining in.
饭菜快好了
Food's almost done.
抱歉 我...
Oh, sorry, I, um...
我晚餐前查了我的收件箱
I checked my inbox before dinner.
我一整天都在关注这着实有趣的邮件组
I've been on this really interesting chain all day.
你的前任搭档 还是现任搭档
Your former partner, uh... current partner?
变化太快了 福尔摩斯
Hard to keep track... Holmes.
他今早给我发了邮件
He emailed me this morning.
他在研究人工智能的东西吗
He's working on some AI thing?
他请你帮忙了吗
Did he ask you for help?
找了我和一堆其他人
Uh, me and a bunch of other people.
他知道我是软件工程师出身
He knows I got started as a software developer.
我想你还告诉他我把公♥司♥给卖♥♥了
I guess you also told him I sold off my company,
这样我就有空闲了
so I've got some free time.
其中一些人 他们非常聪明
Some of the people on this chain, they are seriously sharp.
我和他们一些人在切磋人工智能 数据端口...
I went back and forth with a few of them about AI, data havens...
都是极客玩意
geek stuff.
他以前找过你帮忙吗
Has he asked you for help before?
没
No.
这不是问题吧
It's not a problem, is it?
不是
No.
早
Morning.
凯蒂没来吗
No Kitty?
她处理私事去了
She's tending to a personal matter.
为什么要约我在博纳特科技见面
Why did you ask me to meet you at Burnett Technology?
我们在等着见罗伯特·博纳特
We're seeking an audience with Robert Burnett,
他是公♥司♥总裁
and he's the CEO.
我昨天的调查发现
My investigations yesterday revealed
有六起左右值得注意的偷窃案
there have been half-dozen or so notable thefts
在过去八年里窃取了多项新发明
of new inventions over the last eight years--
无一破获
all of them unsolved,
不过每起案件都有拉弗尔斯的特点
but all of them bearing the hallmark of Raffles.
现在我无法理解这骤变的作案手法
Now, I couldn't make sense of this sudden change in method.
这不合常理 除非他拿了好处
It doesn't track unless he's been incentivized in some way.
拿了好处
Incentivized?
我在想是不是拉弗尔斯找了个赞助人
I started to wonder if Raffles had found himself a patron,
这个人说服他把他的技能用于
someone who'd convinced him to put his skill set to use
科学事业
in the cause of science.
你觉得他现在有了个老板
You think he has a boss now?
对拉弗尔斯偷来的这种东西感兴趣的人
The list of people who'd be interested in the kind of things
为数众多
that Raffles is stealing, that's very large.
可这些人中能真正有足够资金
But the subset of the list who could actually afford
资助这种工作的
to subsidize that pursuit,
为数不多
that's much smaller.
其中包括罗伯特·布纳特吗
And does that include Robert Burnett?
碰巧
As it happens,
博纳特在九年前雇了一名
Burnett hired himself a new security consultant
新安全顾问
years ago.
他直接向总裁汇报
He reports directly to the CEO.
我觉得你会发现他很面熟
I think you'll find he looks familiar.
鲁伯特·克里奇
"鲁伯特·克里奇"
"Rupert Kerlich."
鲁伯特·克里奇 就是拉弗尔斯
Rupert Kerlich... is Raffles.
你找到拉弗尔斯了
You found Raffles.
抱歉 博纳特先生想
I'm sorry, Mr. Burnett wanted
再问一遍找他有什么事
to ask one more time what this is about.
转告他我们是来讨论拉弗尔斯的
Tell him we're here to discuss Raffles.
话说 你电邮了安德鲁
So, you e-mailed Andrew.
是的
I did.
是因为你真想得到他的意见
Was it because you're actually interested in his opinion,
还是你在找借口
or were you just looking for an excuse
搅和我的生活
to poke around in my life?
安德鲁现在是个失业的软件工程师
Andrew is a currently-unemployed software developer.
他不是失业 他把创立的公♥司♥卖♥♥了
He's not unemployed, he sold his start-up--
他在寻找下一个机遇
he's looking for his next idea.
"寻找下一个机遇"
"Looking for his next idea"
是"他失业"的另一种表达方式
is another way of saying "He's unemployed."
不管怎样 他有能力和时间
Anyway, he has the aptitude and the free time
来处理和计算机编程相关的问题
to address problems regarding computer programming.
他的意见很有建设性
His comments were quite salient.
他不是个缺乏才智的人
He is not an unintelligent man.
博纳特先生现在可以见你们了
Mr. Burnett will see you now.
早上好
Good morning.
没必要起身
No need to get up.
我们知道几年前
We know that several years ago
你不知何故得知了一名叫做"拉弗尔斯"的窃贼
you somehow learned that the thief known as "Raffles"
实际上是个叫做鲁伯特·克里奇的人
is actually a man called Rupert Kerlich.
我们还知道你雇用了他 安排他工作
We also know that you hired him and set him to work,
也就是为你窃取技术发明
stealing technological breakthroughs on your behalf.
慢着
Whoa, slow down a second.
很简单就能证明
It would be simple enough to prove
并发起一个丑闻 这会摧毁你
and ignite a scandal that would destroy you
也可能会摧毁你的公♥司♥
and, most likely, your company.
然而 我们不想使得数以万计的
However, we have no desire to render tens of thousands
员工失业
of people unemployed.
所以我来提条件
So, instead, I propose a bargain.
你给我一份你的手下
You send me a recording of your man
从你的服务器删除"贝拉"的记录
deleting Bella from your servers,
我就不毁掉你
I leave you un-ruined.
当然 如果我怀疑你留了份副本
If, of course, I so much as suspect that you've kept a copy,
或者博纳特科技突然间在人工智能领域
or if Burnett Technologies makes a sudden breakthrough
有所突破 我们的协议就失效了
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表