我们没有用它做任何不法的事
We never did anything illegal with it.
我知道你们想得到一个名字
Now, I know you were hoping for a name,
那我能假设
but can I at least assume
你会删除所有这些视频吗
that you'll delete all of those videos?
我们联调局的同事
Our colleagues at the FBI
不会听到任何值得怀疑的赌博活动
will hear nothing of your questionable gaming practices.
很明显 我希望真地图永远不会出现
Obviously, I hope the real map never turns up.
弗吉尼亚的赌场对我们来说很重要
We have a lot riding on the casino in Virginia.
但发生了两起谋杀案
But two murders?
我真希望能为你们提供更多帮助
I only wish I could be of more help.
其实你已经提供了超乎你想象的帮助
Actually, you've been more helpful than you realize.
我应该知道是谁杀害斯图尔特·祖普克了
I think I know who killed Stuart Zupko.
是凯蒂吧
Kitty, right?
还记得格雷森警监吗
You remember Captain Gregson?
福尔摩斯先生在电♥话♥中说
Mr. Holmes said on the phone that you've uncovered
你发现了我家族地图的另一份赝品
another forgery of my family's map.
我们会拿给你看的
We'll show you.
布雷女士
Miss Bray.
看起来很像真的
It certainly looks authentic.
实际上 这是个相当粗糙的复♥制♥品
It is, in fact, a rather crude reproduction.
伪造者根本没有看到过原版地图
Forger never had access to the original.
赝品是他用39街图书馆在官网上放的
He did his best using the high-resolution scans
高分辨率扫描版伪造的
the 39th Street Library made available on their Web site.
那这份是哪来的
And where did this one come from?
受一个正在建造赌场的公♥司♥
It was commissioned by a group
委托而制♥造♥的
which is trying to build a casino.
他们担心原版地图
They were worried that the original would
会导致赌场项目停工 所以打算以假换真
kill their project, so they planned to discredit it
让地图在法庭上失效
by replacing it with this one.
你想知道赌场会建在哪里吗
Would you like to know where the casino is going to go?
就在这里
Right here.
你的家族仍然拥有预定地区外♥围♥的土地
Your family still owns land just outside the reservation,
这些地的价值高达数百万美元
land that would be worth hundreds of millions of dollars,
但必须是在赌场能继续建设的前提下
but only if the casino went forward.
赌场将带动各项发展 旅馆 餐厅
There would be hotels, restaurants...
当铺 零钱放款等等
Pawnshops, the odd money lender...
你知道你祖父地图的存在
Now, you knew about your grandfather's map
也清楚一旦有人注意到地图将会引发的问题
and the trouble it would cause once people noticed it.
比如威廉·赫尔这样的人
People like, say, William Hull.
这都是从图书馆将地图的影印版传上网开始的
This all started when the library put a scan of the map online.
你不能直接偷走并让它消失
You couldn't just steal it and make it disappear.
你只能用原版的历史来做文章
You had to throw the history of the original into question.
于是你伪造了这张地图
So you commissioned this forgery.
这是我们在
This is the map we found
斯图尔特·祖普克凶案现场发现的那张
at the scene of Stuart Zupko's murder.
不好意思 你们是说
I'm sorry, are you suggesting that...
我跟他的死有关吗
that I had something to do with what happened to him?
你说过
You said that the...
被偷的地图
the map that was stolen,
是一九四几年伪造的
it was forged in the 1940s.
怎么可能是我♥干♥的
How could I have possibly commissioned it?
那时候我还没出生呢
I wasn't even born yet.
事实上
In point of fact,
我们是说墨水是一九四几年产的
we said the ink was produced in the 1940s.
而祖普克偷的地图
The map that Zupko stole,
被图书馆保存了很久的那张
the one that was in the library for years,
的确是地图的原版真迹
was the genuine article after all.
你雇他帮你偷到手
You commissioned him to acquire it for you.
然后拿给一个伪造者
You then brought it to a forger,
让他伪造了一份副本
with instructions to create a copy
看起来就像七十年前制♥造♥的
which looked like it had been made 70 years ago.
然后你杀了斯图尔特·祖普克
You then murdered Stuart Zupko.
把赝品留在现场
You left the forgery at the scene
这样看起来就像交货时出了意外
to make it look like a handoff had gone awry.
纽约没几个人
There's very few guys in New York
能伪造出这么逼真的东西
that could pull something like this off.
你需要一个经验老道的人
You needed someone from the old school.
比如说
Someone like...
弗兰克·德梅西
Franco DeMasi.
我们把祖普克受害的照片给他看了
We showed him photos of what you did to Zupko
并暗示他可能会是你下一个目标
and hinted that he might be next.
他现在正在和我们谈条件
He's cutting a deal right now.
一个职业罪犯
A career criminal
说是我雇了他
tells you that I hired him,
他知道这肯定是你们想听到的
which is what he knows that you want to hear,
而你们就开始给我扣这些莫须有的罪名
and you start throwing accusations around?
德梅西先生完成赝品后
After Mr. DeMasi completed his work,
他把原版地图还给了你
he returned the original to you,
而你当然把它销毁了
which you, of course, destroyed.
不过 用铜板制♥造♥赝品时
But when making a forgery using copper plate,
做两份副本并不会多花多少时间
it takes negligibly more time to create two copies, rather than one.
他知道原版价值连城
He realized how valuable the original was
于是做了另一张副本交给你
and so he made a second duplicate to hand off to you.
而自己把原版留下了
He kept the real one for himself.
这张原版
This real one.
这张地图上
Now, this map
有霉菌的痕迹
has traces of mold on it,
证明它曾在三十九街图书馆的抽屉里
which prove it was in a drawer
存放了几十年
in the 39th Street Library for decades.
上面还有很多你的指纹
It also has your fingerprints all over it.
我猜你应该常坐飞机
I'm guessing you fly a lot.
因为你在可靠旅客项目中留下的指纹
'Cause the Trusted Traveler Program you gave your prints to?
在我们系统里也能查到
It interfaces with our system.
不管怎样 德梅西关于你的口供
All in all, DeMasi's word against yours
还是很可信的
is sounding pretty good.
要继续坐着 还是起来帮帮忙
Gonna sit there, or are you gonna help me?
先坐下
Have a seat.
华生让我觉得
Watson has impressed upon me
我欠你一个道歉
that I owe you an apology.
你可能注意到
You may have noticed
最近我总是让你做很多事
I've been keeping you rather busy lately.
有些杂务其实...大材小用了
Some of the errands were... beneath you.
你在伦敦就说得很清楚
You were very clear about all of this in London.
你说时不时需要做些零碎的事
You told me that there'd be scut work, every now and again.
我知道那个咖啡店的年轻人
I'm aware of the young man at the coffee shop.
扎克里
Zachary.
我知道你们关系不错
I know you've developed a rapport
而他正在用他单调无趣的方式
and he is, in his own plodding way,
追求你
courting you.
我有点担心
I was worried.
所以
So...
让你忙得没空搭理他
I kept you otherwise engaged.
但我做错了
That was a mistake.
我很骄傲地目睹了
I have watched the progress you've made
你这几个月取得的显著进展
over the last few months with great pride.
这些于你而言来之不易
And you've come a very long way.
我应该信任你能
I should have trusted you to...
继续取得进步
continue that progression.
其实我知道
I knew.
知道什么
You knew what?
我能感觉到你已经
I could tell that you'd...
知道扎克里的事了
figured out about Zachary.
也知道你因此让我♥干♥这么多活
I knew that's why you were keeping me busy.
但我觉得挺高兴的
But I was glad of it.
其实我也害怕
I was afraid, as well.
扎克里人很好 他...
Zachary's sweet, he's...
而且他喜欢我
And he likes me.
你做的这些让我觉得
What you did made me feel...
受到保护
very protected...
受到爱护
...and very loved.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表