艾克·沃拉泽科和拜伦·洛温塔尔
Ike Wallaczek and Byron Lowenthal.
"沃拉检查你的数学"
"WallaCheckYourMath,"
"拜洛2020"
"ByLow2020."
这些是他们的网名
Those are their online handles.
他们的朋友可以证实
Their friends will confirm it.
互联网上的激烈争论并不会导致谋杀
A flame war does not a murderer make.
他们之间的口舌之争非常激烈
The stuff these guys were slinging at each other was ugly.
"摩"知道他们肯定会参与解谜大赛 因此
Mo knew they were into hunts, and so he built one
他设计了一次大赛 把他们引过去然后杀害
that would send them to places where he could kill them.
我们现在
That's what we're doing here is
正在筛选所有这几年
we're just sifting through all the math
他在博客上发表过的数学问题
he's posted on his blog over the years,
看看能否找出任何蛛丝马迹
to see if we could find his signature
帮助我们找到他的身份
or something that could identify him.
要不是两个人死了 我们还算玩得挺开心的
If two people weren't dead, we'd probably be having fun.
但是他在数学问题中
But still, the chances that he left
留下他个人信息的可能性...
something like that in his math...
如果有的话 我们会找到的 同时
If it's there, we'll find it. In the meantime,
我们认为警♥察♥应该了解
we thought the police should know
他们所面对的敌人是谁
who they're really dealing with.
我得去见我另一个案子的相关人员
I've got to go meet someone about my other case.
你可以把信息传达给马库斯吧
You're good to pass all this along to Marcus?
我必须得说 你不留下帮忙让我感到很吃惊
I must say, I'm surprised you didn't offer to stay and help.
埃廷格先生认为摩·夏尔舒克
Mr. Ettinger makes a compelling case with respect
是嫌犯的说辞很有说服力
to Mo Shellshocker's viability as a suspect.
"摩"是个天才
Mo is a genius.
我们说的可不是一般的天才
We're talking off the charts.
莱布尼兹加上欧拉加上高斯那种
Leibniz meets Euler meets Gauss.
他也许有点自负
He may have an ego,
但他不会因为几个评论就去杀人
but he's not gonna kill anyone over a few comments.
所以 当那个"担惊受怕数学家联盟"
So, while "The League of Concerned Mathematicians"
在上面追查线索时 我决定做个聪明人
chases its tail up there, I am gonna do the smart thing
赶紧出城去
and get out of town.
待一切尘埃落定 你再告诉我
You can let me know when it all blows over.
你哪也不能去 哈伦
You're not going anywhere, Harlan.
或者我该叫你摩·夏尔舒克
Or should I call you Mo Shellshocker?
你真的以为我认不出
Did you honestly think I wouldn't recognize
自己名字的变形吗
an anagram of my own name?
我就知道应该用查克·赫尔摩斯的
I knew I should've gone with "Choker Hell Moss."
我当初觉得你根本不会看到 好吗
But I never thought that you would see it, okay?
数学是我的东西 不是你的
Math is my thing, not yours.
那是我的名字 哈伦
It's my name, Harlan;
这就让它也变成我的事了
that makes it my thing.
那只是为了致敬
It was an homage.
解释一下
Explain.
每天 世界各地
Every day, all over the world,
数学都被用来糊弄他人
math is used to trick people.
数据挖掘帮助卖♥♥药
Data dredging to sell pharmaceuticals.
通胀偏差用来给战争正名
Publication bias to justify wars.
在错误的人手中 数学用来操纵欺压
In the wrong hands, math can be manipulated, abused.
而我决定对此做点什么
And I decided to do something about it.
你抓那些谋杀别人的人
You catch people who murder other people.
我抓那些谋害数学的人
I catch people who murder math.
根据这上边说的 "摩"是个通缉犯
According to this, Mo is a wanted man.
联邦调查局搜捕匿名博主
哈伦
Harlan?
国防部正在研发一款新战斗机
The D.O.D. was working on a new fighter.
但是我知道它的性能统计是假的
Only, I knew that the performance stats were bogus.
我的一个朋友找到了内部数据
A friend of mine found the internal numbers,
我就把它们给发布了
and I sort of published them.
你把国防部的机密文件
So you put classified Department of Defense documents
放到了网上
on the internet.
换作你不也会这样吗
Isn't that what you would have done?
好吧 我搞砸了 行吗
Fine! I screwed up, okay?
这不就是我的特点吗 搞砸事情
But, hey, that's what I do, right? I screw up.
如果我没有 你也不会偷偷开除我
If I didn't, then probably you wouldn't have secretly fired me.
什么
Excuse me?
我知道英迪拉·帕特尔的事了
I know about Indira Patel!
我知道你找人替代了我
I know you replaced me.
凯蒂 我们想喝点茶
Kitty, I think we could use some tea.
请告诉我
Just tell me.
告诉我 我哪里算错了
Tell me what math I got wrong.
告诉我 为什么你不让我补偿你
Tell me why you didn't let me make it up to you.
跟数学无关 是你的问题
It wasn't the maths, it was you.
你的工作完美无瑕
Your work was impeccable.
并且大部分时间 我喜欢和你合作
And for the most part, I enjoyed our collaborations.
但是时间久了 你就变得欲求不满
B-but over time, you just... you became quite... needy.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
你询问我关于社交方面的建议
Y-you asked my advice on-on social matters,
甚至还邀请我去参加派对
and you even invited me to a party.
你是我的朋友
You were my friend.
我是你的雇主 哈伦
I was your employer, Harlan.
你是我的顾问
A-and you were my consultant.
其中之一
One of many.
我知道我有点过度沉迷于我的工作
I know that I'm a little obsessed with what I do.
这总让我难以交到朋友
That has always made it hard to make friends.
而之前我一直为此感到难过
And I used to feel pretty bad about that,
直到我遇到了你
and then I met you.
我对自己说
And I thought to myself,
如果他都不烦恼这事 我为什么要烦呢
hey, if it doesn't bother him, why should I let it bother me?
我们一起工作让我收获了很多
I got a lot out of the work that we did.
非常多
A lot.
但如果连你都认为我是个失败者 那...
But if someone like you thinks that I'm a loser, then...
我们还在继续吗
Hey, are we still doing this?
继续什么
Doing what?
谈论案子
Talking about the case.
你只是呆坐在那
You're just sitting there.
我在思考
I'm thinking.
我想沉寂的感觉
I suspect the silence is exacerbated
被这种通讯方式夸大了
by the nature of our communication.
是 但是我不住在那了
Yes. Well, I don't live there anymore.
所以你想在晚上谈工作
So, if you want to talk shop at night,
我就只能这样做了
this is the best I can do.
我一直在想 凶手想要什么
Keep asking myself: what did the killer want?
他花费大量精力吸引杰出的数学家
He went to great lengths to lure brilliant mathematicians
踏入死亡陷阱
to their deaths.
用越来越复杂的题目
Winnowed out the less gifted
来筛选出那些不太出众的
by making his problems more and more complicated.
他专注一类人 但我依然感觉他不只是
He had a type, but I still think he's a serial killer
一个连环杀手
only in the most technical sense.
他折磨了两位被害人
He tortured both his victims.
但是没有迹象表明他乐在其中
But there's no sign that he enjoyed it.
事情干得很利索
The work was utilitarian,
说明那不是为了享受
suggesting it was less for pleasure
而是为了某种目的
and more for persuasion.
他想要什么东西
He wanted something.
但那是什么呢
But what?
也许沃拉泽科和洛温塔尔之间
Maybe there's a connection between Wallaczek and Lowenthal
还有尚未发现的关联
we haven't spotted yet.
也许他们在一起做过项目
Maybe they were working on a project together,
很值钱的一些事情
something that was worth a lot of money.
凶手没有办法确定
There's no way the killer could have predicted
究竟哪个选手可以到达终点
which competitors would make it to the terminal stage.
游戏的这一部分他无法掌控
That part of the game was beyond his control.
如果可以 他肯定会准备好
If it weren't, he would've been prepared
处理掉艾克·沃拉泽科这种体型的尸体
to dispose of a body the size of Ike Wallaczek's.
所以说 如果被害者之间真的有联♥系♥
So, even if there were a connection between the victims,
凶手也不能确保他们
the killer could not have counted on them
会被引入死亡陷阱
being lured into his trap.
肯定不知道他们的顺序
Certainly not in sequence.
他的游戏 从各方面来看 是靠运气
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表