I've come to the conclusion that much of this crime
都是烟幕
is smokescreen,
是为了掩盖窃贼的真正目标
Unnecessary noise to cover the thief's actual objective.
所以你觉得他不是来这里偷地图的
So, you don't think he was here to steal maps.
我觉得他是来偷某一幅地图的
I think he was here to steal a map.
至少我觉得这种可能性很大
Or at least I'm raising that possibility.
在你们来之前 他指出
Before you got here, he pointed out
大部分抽屉是因为方便而被选中的
that most of these drawers were chosen because of convenience.
这些是你走进通道之后最先遇到的抽屉
These are the first drawers that one encounters
而且高度也很合适
upon entering this aisle and are at an easy height to reach.
而那个抽屉 开起来一点也不方便
That drawer, however, is the very opposite of convenient.
只有一幅地图被拿走了
Only one map was removed.
我认为它才是窃贼的真正目的
I submit that it alone was the thief's intended prize.
我们有失窃物品清单吗
Do we have an inventory of what's missing?
拉斐尔
Rafael!
我们最近刚做了一份
We recently created a catalog
藏品的高清扫描件目录
of high-res scans of our collection.
这是最那边的抽屉里不见的地图
This is the map that's gone missing from the far drawer.
弗吉尼亚州詹姆斯国王郡 1794年
"The county of King James, Virginia, 1794."
这是已知的唯一一张
It's the only known copy.
但它其实并不是丢失的地图里
But it's not actually the most valuable
最值钱的
of the maps that were taken.
它值多少钱
How much are we talking?
我们有段时间没估价了
We haven't appraised it in some time,
但我觉得应该在二十万美元左右
but I'd put it in the $200,000 range.
但那个抽屉里丢的地图
But the map taken from that drawer there
价值是它的两倍
is worth twice that much.
你觉得这幅地图才是真正的目标
But you think this one was the real target?
由霍利斯·布雷永久借出 1951年10月
"On permanent loan from Hollis Bray, October 1951."
这名字你觉得熟吗
That name is familiar to you?
对 我曾在医院侧楼的墙上见过他的名字
Yeah, I've seen his name on the walls of hospital wings.
显然他已经去世了
Obviously, he's passed away now.
但他的家族还经营着一个慈善基金
But his family still runs an active charity.
如果地图是借来的 那说明它还属于布雷家
If the map is on loan, it means the Bray family still owns it.
也许他家的人能告诉我们它有什么特别的
So perhaps one of them can tell us what's so special about it.
我想这几十年来
I don't think anyone has thought
都没人想起我祖父借给图书馆的东西了
about the things my granddad loaned the library in decades.
无法想象竟有人知道地图在那里
And can't imagine how anyone even knew the map was there.
图书馆最近扫描了藏品
The library recently scanned its collection
并发布到了网上
and made it available on the internet.
所以窃贼有可能是从网上
So it's possible whoever stole the map learned of its existence
得知了地图的存在
via their web site.
就是这个 对吧
That's it, isn't it?
没错
Yes.
我的家族就是从弗吉尼亚州的那一块起源的
Uh, my family is originally from that part of Virginia.
对一个刚得知自己被偷了二十万的人来说
For someone who was just told $200,000 was stolen from them,
你看起来并不是很在乎
you don't seem very concerned.
我觉得那个数字很不真实
I don't think the number seems real.
在你们来之前我都不知道
I only just learned of this map's existence
这幅地图的存在
when you walked in here.
所以你也无法告诉我们
So it's unlikely you could tell us
为什么窃贼会盯上那幅地图了
why the thief may have targeted that map?
抱歉 但那明显不是一幅藏宝图
I'm sorry, but it's obviously not a treasure map.
詹姆斯国王郡又没有埋金子
It's not like there was gold buried in King James county.
如果有 我祖父肯定早就
If there was, my granddad would have dug it up
挖出来了
a very long time ago.
也许你的烟幕理论错了
Perhaps your smokescreen theory is wrong.
布雷小姐 你跟城里的
Miss Bray, you have relationships
其他几家档案馆也有联♥系♥
with several other archives in the city.
因为你的慈善事业 对吗
To do your philanthropic work, yes?
是的 很多 怎么了
Uh, yeah, lots. Why?
我们一开始接到这个案子
Well, we first learned of this case
是因为图书馆碍于颜面不想报♥警♥
because the library was too embarrassed to report the crime.
与此同时 在一定程度上
The crime itself, meanwhile, displays
案件表明
a degree of, uh, discrimination,
窃贼有一定的专业知识
on the part of the thief, a certain expertise.
你觉得他还偷过其它东西
So, you think he committed other thefts,
但受害者没有报案
but the victims didn't come forward.
这些案件也许可以提供
It's possible such crimes may provide vital data
抓捕他的重要线索
with which to catch him.
像你这样友善的面孔
Now, a friendly face, such as yours,
再加上我们
together with an assurance from us
会严格保密的保证
that we will be as discreet as possible,
也许能让其他组织提供线索
That might persuade other organizations to talk.
当然 我很愿意帮忙
Of course, I'd be happy to help.
凯蒂
Kitty?
我拿来了一些克莱德的东西
I have some more of Clyde's things.
玩具 零食还有几件毛线衫
Uh, some toys, treats, couple of cozies.
夏洛克觉得它可能需要这些
Sherlock thought that he might be needing them.
真是太贴心了
Oh, that was thoughtful, I guess.
但我以为你今晚
But I thought you were gonna try
要去见你的朋友
and meet your friends again tonight.
没错 但你也知道 有任务在身
I was, but you know how it is. Duty calls.
这跟侦探工作有什么关系
What does this have to do with detective work?
这只是今晚的任务之一
It's just one of tonight's errands.
他在布雷小姐那边有收获了
He had some luck with that Bray woman.
她给一些档案馆打了电♥话♥
She called some archives and the like,
为我们拿到一些其他窃贼的资料
got us some information on other thefts.
我正准备去拿
So I'm just off to gather it up.
夏洛克在做什么
What is Sherlock doing?
我走的时候 他在给他的单棍打蜡
When I left, he was waxing his singlestick.
那不是委婉的说法 他真的是在...
Sorry, that's not a euphemism. He was literally...
我知道
I know.
想喝酒哪天晚上都行
There'll be other nights for drinks.
与此同时 夏洛克的线索在等我
In the meantime, Sherlock's data awaits.
你觉得你在做什么
What do you think you're doing?
我觉得我在撬锁 又一次
I think I'm picking the lock again.
你一直这样 你让我来
You keep doing this-- you ask me to come over
然后在我按门铃的时候又不开门
and then you don't answer the door when I ring.
我是说 你撬锁为什么弄那么大声
I mean-- why are you picking the lock so noisily?
干脆直接告诉门后的枪手
Why not just announce the position
你头盖骨的位置好了
of your cranium to an awaiting gunman.
你想给我看什么
What is it you wanted to show me?
收获颇丰的一晚
Productive night?
确实
Exceedingly.
如果我们运气好
If fortune is on our side,
这会儿格雷森警监和他的得力干将
Captain Gregson and his finest should be apprehending
应该已经抓到凶手了
our killer as we speak.
凯蒂会及时通知我
Kitty will be apprising me presently.
看来是这些帮你找到了他啊
I take it all of this helped you find him?
"知己知彼" 华生
"know your enemy as yourself," Watson.
我找玛格丽特·布雷帮忙的时候就起疑了
As I suspected when I asked Margaret Bray for help,
咱们要找的小偷是他领域的专家
our thief is both a specialist in his field
同时以前也是这方面的学生
and a student of its past.
我找出了另外三份卷宗
I identified three more archives,
我相信窃贼是同一个人
which I believe were robbed by the same individual.
在每起案件发生前的几天
In the days leading up to each robbery,
包括39大街图书馆的那起
including the one at the 39th street library,
都有人在访客登记表上签了假名
Someone signed into the guest log under the alias
雷内·杜彻
Rene Duchez.
你认为小偷就是用这个名字
So, you think the thief was using it
出入案发地点的
to case out the locations.
杜彻是个法国抵抗运动的成员
Duchez was a french resistance member
他偷了德国的大西洋壁垒的地图
who stole the map of Germany's Atlantic Wall,
那是他们在欧洲西海岸进行的防御工事
their fortifications along the western coast of europe.
这地图对盟军登录诺曼底至关重要
And this map was crucial to the allied invasion at normandy.
对一个小偷来说 这还真是项奇怪的专长啊
It's kind of a strange specialty for a thief, huh?
地图
Maps.
一点不奇怪
Not at all.
事实上 所有的历史都能通过
In fact, all of history can be viewed through the lens
偷地图的人呈现出来
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表