我们很擅长干这个
We're really good at that.
在我记录我的初步调查结果之前
Before I register my preliminary findings,
我想先分享一些关于被称为
I can't help but share some thoughts on the suspect
"吉格港杀手"的嫌疑犯的想法
dubbed "The Gig Harbor Killer,"
但我更想把他形容为
but whom I would more accurately describe
"犯罪现场杀手"
as "The Crime Scene Killer."
显然我们的嫌疑人很有智慧 善于分♥析♥
Clearly our suspect is intelligent, analytical,
有创造力 是位用血肉而非颜料和石膏
creative-- an artist whose medium isn't paint or plaster,
创作的艺术家
but flesh and blood.
对受害者的分♥析♥表明那些女人是精心挑选出来的
Victimology suggests the women are chosen carefully.
年轻 金发 看上去很无辜
Young. Blonde. Seemingly innocent.
但其实并不是
But far from it.
已经有了九名受害者 我觉得还没有结束
With nine victims already, I see no end in sight.
暴行还没有结束 因为凶手是个鬼魂
No end to the violence because our killer is a ghost,
无法触及 在雨滴间穿行
untouchable, who walks between the raindrops
存在于暗影中
and exists in the shadows.
不错的精神分♥析♥
Not a bad bit of psychoanalysis.
重点在"精神"上
Emphasis on the "Psycho."
他对我们的嘲弄逐渐
So, his mocking us has graduated
从犯罪现场分♥析♥变成了嫌犯侧写
from crime scene analysis to profiling.
我们能用保罗·温斯洛普的声音样本来对比吗
Can we compare the altered voice to samples of Paul Winthrop?
很可惜 不行 但我在凶手留下的
Unfortunately, no. But I did find something
其它录音中发现了一些东西
on the other recording that the killer left us.
他录下谋杀过程的那段
The one he made of the murder.
继续听 我把背景音增强了
Keep listening, I was able to boost the background.
你能听到凶手扔下凶器
You can hear the killer drop the weapon,
开始走开
begin to walk away.
然后是更多的脚步声
And then there's more footsteps.
走向录音笔然后关掉了它
Walking to the recorder and turning it off.
要么我们要找的"鬼魂"会飞...
Either our "Ghost" can fly...
要么那间屋子里有两个人
Or there were two people in that room.
如果温斯洛普是凶手
If Winthrop is the killer,
他找了一个新搭档替代他弟弟
he's found a new partner to sub for his brother.
问题是 谁
Question is-- who?
也许我会亲自问问他的
Oh. Maybe I'll ask him myself.
我读了罗卡和龙勃罗梭的论文[均为犯罪学家]
I expected treatises by Locard and Lombroso.
关于犯罪学的学术著作
Dry volumes on criminology.
但你是个文人
But you're a man of letters.
《乞丐王子》[马克·吐温 1882]
The Prince and the Pauper.
我一直都喜欢这本
I've always loved that one.
你想要什么 温斯洛普先生
What do you want, Mr. Winthrop?
跟你想要的一样 真♥相♥
The same thing you want-- the truth.
你们犯了一些错误 凶手依然逍遥法外
Mistakes have been made. The killer is out there.
我相信你也听说我的弟弟 杰拉德
I'm sure you've heard that my brother, Jared,
很快又要上法庭了
is going to have a new day in court.
我听说了
I heard.
所以我召集了一位专家来进行
Yeah. So, I've enlisted an expert to conduct
一项心理测评
a psychological evaluation
来解释为什么一个无辜的人会供认
to explain why an innocent man would confess
他不曾犯下的罪行
to crimes he didn't commit.
但那只是故事的一部分 不是吗
But that's only part of the story, isn't it?
你来告诉我吧
You tell me.
你们找到了物理证据 DNA
You discovered physical evidence, DNA,
能够证明我弟弟无罪
that exonerates my brother,
但那也会对你之前的调查结果
but that unfortunately also casts
造成不好的影响
an unflattering light on your previous findings.
我不会让这种事发生的
I wouldn't go that far.
我是想给你一个机会 罗素先生
I'd like to give you an opportunity, Mr. Russell.
私下告诉你 我来这里
Between you and me, I come here
是想让你作为"法庭之友"
requesting your services
提供一些服务
as a "friend of the court."
你要我帮助你和你兄弟
You want me to help you and your brother?
也是在帮你自己啊
Help yourself, as well.
是吗...这怎么说
Oh...how's...how's that work?
你我都清楚 你还会找到更多被害的女人
We both know you'll find more dead women.
也许你已经找到了
Perhaps you have already?
只有放了我弟弟
Only by freeing my brother
你才能释放自己
will you be able to free yourself,
推开你心中的疑云
push away the clouds of doubt you must feel,
促使自己拓宽视野
enabling yourself to
找到这名掠杀者
have the vision you'll need to find this predator.
谢谢你如此好意 不过不用了
Well, thank you for the offer, but I think I'm gonna pass.
因为...这话我也是私下告诉你
Because, just between you and me,
我觉得你是个反♥社♥会♥者
I think you're a sociopath.
我本以为以我们的智慧 是能实现一些交流的
I thought we could have a meeting of the minds,
看来是我失算了
but I misjudged you.
跟我做朋友 比跟我做敌人要好
I make a better friend than enemy.
埃迪 是我 听我说 你能叫她到
Eddie. Yeah, listen. Could you have her come down to PD
警局来一趟吗
for a conversation?
-不会记录对话的 -这可不容易
- Just off the record. - It's not gonna be easy.
我明白 算我欠你一次
I know. I'll owe you one.
-好 我尽量 -谢谢
- All right. I'll see what I can do. - Thank you.
就说过埃迪会愿意帮忙
Told you Eddie would come through.
有什么发现吗
What do you got?
他在塔科马港市档案局的朋友
His gal at the Hall of Records in Tacoma
找到了杰拉德·布里斯克的出生证明
has a birth certificate for Jared Briscoe.
可是没有双胞胎的记录
Thing is, there's no record of a twin.
-这怎么可能 -不知道
- How's that possible? - I don't know.
据记录母亲叫辛西亚·休斯 还在世
The mother's listed as Cynthia Hughes, still alive.
埃迪正在为我们安排见面
Eddie's setting up a meeting right now.
西雅图警局
辛西亚·休斯
Cynthia Hughes?
是我
That's right.
你是杰拉德·布里斯克的母亲
You're Jared Briscoe's mother?
我是丹尼尔·肖
I'm Daniel Shaw.
我是个私♥人♥侦♥探♥ 这位是朱莉·芬恩利
I'm a private investigator. This is Julie Finlay.
她在维加斯警局工作
She's with the Las Vegas Police Department.
带我来的警探已经跟我说过了
The detective who brought me here told me.
但显然他没告诉你们
But obviously, he didn't tell you,
不管出生证明上写着什么
despite what it says on the birth certificate,
我并不是杰拉德的亲生母亲
I'm not Jared's birth mother.
他没跟我们提起这事
He neglected to tell us that.
我领养了杰拉德之后 向法庭提出申请
After I adopted Jared, I petitioned the court,
要求一份出生证明
I needed a birth certificate.
他们把我的名字添在了上面
They put my name on it.
所以你也不知道杰拉德的亲生母亲是谁
So, you don't know who Jared's birth mother is?
是的
No.
可是我很清楚
But I know I have to live with the fact
他现在成了这样都是我的责任
that I'm responsible for what's become of him.
"责任" 为什么这么说
"Responsible". Why do you say that?
我丈夫和我的婚姻并不美满
My husband and I didn't have the best marriage.
他会突然大发雷霆
He'd fly into rages.
可怜的杰拉德
And poor Jared...
他付出了代价
he paid the price.
所以杰拉德才进入了家庭寄养机构吗
Is that why Jared went into foster care?
我试了好多次 想把他带回家
I tried to get him back many times.
休斯女士 我们没有找到任何
Miss Hughes, we haven't found any records
杰拉德被领养的记录
of adoption for Jared.
你也不会找到的
And you won't find any.
是我的朋友把杰拉德放在了我家门口
Jared was dropped at my doorstep by a friend.
她当时在女修道院工作
She worked at a convent,
遇到麻烦的女孩通常会去那里
a place where girls in trouble often went.
你的意思是说杰拉德的母亲
So, you're saying that Jared's mother was one
就是"遇到麻烦的女孩"之一
of these "girls in trouble"?
是的
Yes.
你知道杰拉德有个兄弟吗
Do you know that Jared has a brother?
是孪生兄弟
A twin.
不知道
No.
这事我真不知道
I did not.
这个女修道院还在吗
This convent, is it still around?
你还记得它的名字吗
剧集 | 犯罪现场调查(2000) | 导航列表