You saw a suspicious man carrying in ballots?
你看见一名可疑的男子搬进了投票箱
And you have no reason to lie here today.
你没有任何要说谎的理由
Nana Joe...
乔奶奶
Do you take the prescription medicine memantine?
你是否在服用处方药美金刚
Yes.
是的
And why do you take this medicine?
你为什么要服用这药
My doctor told me to.
我的医生让我服的
But it's an Alzheimer's medicine, isn't that correct?
但这药是用来治疗阿尔茨海默型痴呆的 对吗
I'm not showing the symptoms.
我没有老年痴呆的症状
So, then, why do you take it?
那你为什么还要服用它呢
I told you,my doctor said.
跟你说了 我的医生让我吃的
Nana, when's your husband's birthday?
奶奶 你丈夫的生日是什么时候
Uh... you don't know, do you?
你不记得了 是不是
I'm checking my datebook.
我只是要看看我的记事薄
Yes, but off the top of your head, you don't know.
没错 但你并不能立刻想起来
Isn't it possible, ma'am,
那是不是有这种可能呢 夫人
that you forgot that Mr. Buckley told you
你忘记巴克利先生跟你说过
he wanted the ballots moved...
他要把投票箱搬...
I don't forget things.
我记性很好
Things like your husband's birthday?
但却记不清你丈夫的生日
I just want to go home.
我只想回家
Can I go home?
能让我回家吗
Can you remember your address?
你记得住址吗
Objection, Your Honor.
反对 法官阁下
He's badgering...
他这是在打♥压♥证人
It's a fair question, Your Honor.
这是个很合理的问题 法官阁下
So, Zach, you were just being a good citizen
扎克 当你拍下那位拦你车的警♥察♥时
when you took pictures of the cop who pulled you over?
你只是在尽公民义务?
I guess. And this cop was later fired
是吧 那名警♥察♥后来被解雇了
for his activities?
由于他的不当行为
I didn't know that. He was.
这我不知道 是真的
You were instrumental
你在把歪风邪气的警♥察♥扫除出队方面
in getting a crooked cop off the streets.
真是一个好帮手啊
Well, I wouldn't go that far. Don't be humble.
不敢当 别那么谦虚
Your mom must be very proud of you.
你妈妈肯定很为你自豪
And you definitely saw
你确确实实看到了
these ballots being carried in off the street
投票箱是从外面搬进来的
and not moved from one place to another in the polling place?
而不是从投票站内的另一处?
Well... You do know the penalty for perjury?
这个... 你知道作伪证的后果吧
Objection. Uh, yes.
反对 好吧
Uh, can we all just assume that witnesses know they shouldn't lie?
我们就假定证人知道不能撒谎
Yes, thank you, Your Honor.
好的 谢谢 法官阁下
Just a simple question, Zach.
一个很简单问题 扎克
Do you believe these unsealed ballots
你是否认为这个未加封的投票箱
came in off the street?
是从外面被搬进来的
Yes. Thank you,
是的 谢谢你
Zach, for being honest.
扎克 谢谢你的诚实
I know there must be a lot of pressure on you not to.
我知道你说出这句实话的压力有多大
Anything from the defense?
辩方有什么问题吗
I'll do it. No, I will.
我来吧 不 我来问
Zach, how long were you in the 5th Precinct polling place?
扎克 你在5号♥投票站待了多久
About ten minutes.
大概十分钟
And did you see what happened in the precinct
你在进入投票站之前或离开之后
in the time before you arrived or the time after?
看到那里面发生的事了吗
No.
没有
So you had no way of knowing
所以你根本不可能知道
where these men carrying the ballot box came from originally?
那些人最初是从哪里搬来的投票箱
Yes. That's true.
是的 没错
And you had no way of knowing
你也不可能知道
whether these men received orders from Mr. Buckley or not?
巴克利先生有没有向他们下达命令
That's right.
是的
So it's not lying to acknowledge the limits of your own testimony?
所以承认你自己证词的局限性并不算说谎
That's right.
是的
And so do you know if these ballots were fraudulent or not,
那你知不知道这些投票是否作伪
or if the seal on the ballot box was ripped
以及封条是被不小心撕破的
accidentally or never attached?
或者...一开始就是破损的呢
I have no way of knowing.
我不知道
Good. Thank you, Zach.
很好 谢谢你 扎克
And so, if there's nothing further, I...
如果没有其他问题 我...
Okay.
好的
Uh, we need to put a pause in these proceedings.
现在我们得暂停一下
It appears that there is now a matter being adjudicated
联邦法♥院♥正在进行一项裁决
in the federal court which will make this matter moot.
让本案的进行失去了意义
In the federal court? What is it?
联邦法♥院♥ 什么诉讼
An injunction on the ballot as a whole.
对整个投票的禁令
From which campaign?
哪个竞选方提出的
Uh, the third party.
第三方
Go to the suite.
你们俩回套房♥待着
I'll meet you after we deal with this.
处理完这个后我再去找你们
We'll come with you.
我们跟你一起去
No. Zach, I don't know how long this will go,
不行 扎克 我不知道这事要持续多久
and I don't have time to argue.
我现在也没时间和你争
I'm gonna call Dad and tell him you're coming.
我会给你♥爸♥打电♥话♥跟他说你们要过去
Will, wait up.
威尔 等一等
Wait, Mom, come with us. We'll take you.
等等妈妈 和我们一起走 我们带你
No, I'm fine. Go, Grace.
不用 去吧 格蕾丝
Hello?
喂
Alicia, how are you?
艾丽西娅 怎么样啊
Who is this?
你是谁
I'm hurt. You really don't know?
真伤心 你真听不出来
Mr. Sweeney?
斯威尼先生
It's 1 A.M.
现在是凌晨一点
Colin Sweeney? What does he want?
科林·斯威尼吗 他想干嘛
Look, Mr. Sweeney, I'm a little busy.
斯威尼先生 我现在有点忙
Yes, campaign night. Congratulations.
对哦 今天是竞选夜 恭喜你啊
I voted for your husband.
我可是投了你丈夫一票的
Can-can we talk tomorrow?
能明天再谈吗
No.
不能
I think you should join Mr. Agos in his new firm.
我认为你应该去艾格斯先生的新公♥司♥
What does he want?
他想干什么
Uh, nothing. A case.
没什么 一个案子
Oh, are we keeping things from our betters?
这事得瞒着上级吗
I'm thinking of moving my business with Mr. Agos.
我打算跟艾格斯先生走
That's $22 million a year.
2200万一年的生意
You don't want to lose out on that, do you?
你不想失去这么大一笔生意 是吧
Mr. Sweeney, this is not neither the time...
斯威尼先生 现在不是说这话的时候...
Yes, I know you're a partner now, Alicia,
我知道你现在是合伙人了 艾丽西娅
but it's a smart move.
但这是明智之举
Go with the up and coming.
选择后起之秀吧
That was abrupt.
挂得有点突然啊
Yeah, he was going on.
是的 他还在说
Okay, let's start again.
好的 我们重新开始
If you don't mind.
如果你不介意的话
Come on in. We just started.
进来吧 我们刚开始
Please continue, sir.
请继续 先生
Thank you, Your Honor.
谢谢 法官阁下
I'm campaign manager for third-party candidate Albert O'Dell,
我是第三方候选人艾伯特·奥·德尔的竞选经理
and I have evidence that this election's a fraud.
我有证据表明这次的选举存在不公
The problem is the ballot used in early voting.
问题出在先期的选票上
My candidate's name is Albert O'Dell.
我方竞选人名叫艾伯特·奥·德尔
And the ballot left out the apostrophe,
选票上印的是艾伯特·奥德尔
as you can see right there.
就在这里
I'll argue this one, you argue the next?
这个我来辩 下一个归你
Agreed.
同意
Your Honor,
法官阁下
the third-party candidate has been polling at 3.2 percent.
第三方候选人目前为止的得票率只有3.2%
Mr.... Karahalios.
这位...卡拉利赫斯
Eh... the third-party campaign manager
第三方的竞选经理先生
is suggesting the disenfranchising of 800,000 early votes
建议将先期的这80万张选票作废
all because of a missing apostrophe?
就因为少印了那一点?
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表