Hey. What?
等等 怎么了
Check out the 2010 expenditures.
看看2010年的总花费
The footnote, under "Miscellaneous," There.
在"杂项开支"下的脚注 这里
You see the off-balance-sheet joint venture for $112,000?
有11.2万投入一家资产负债表外的合资公♥司♥
It's in the 2009 10-K, too.
2009年公♥司♥年报中也有
Well, there's your dirt.
这就是你要的把柄
I'll tell David Lee.
我这就告诉大卫·李
Mr. Hayden?
海登先生
Cary.
凯里
May I help you?
有什么能为您效劳吗
No, uh...
不...
I don't know.
我不知道
No, I... I...
不 我...
No.
不需要
Are you sure?
你确定吗
I don't like mess; I like precision.
我不喜欢混乱 我喜欢精确
I know.
我知道
This is mess, and I'm not sure how to handle it.
现在却是一片混乱 我不知道要怎么处理
What is... what is mess?
你说的混乱是指什么
This, this... business with Louis Canning.
就是这个 和路易斯·坎宁的交易
Hey, you have the bar exam this week, don't you?
这周你要考律师资格 对吗
Yes, I do.
正是如此
Good luck.
祝你好运
Thank you.
谢谢你
But I don't know, I've come to not like the law.
但我说不好 我现在不喜欢法律了
It's not very precise.
它不太精确
It can be; it just depends on the way you practice it.
它可以很精确 只要你运用得当
You're right.
你是对的
It can be.
它可以很精确
Mr. Hayden...
海登先生...
I'm sorry.
对不起
About before, testifying the way I did,
在之前的破产调解中
against you, in that bankruptcy mediation, I just...
我那样指证你 我只是...
Why? It was the truth.
为什么道歉 你说的是事实
I've been subpoenaed in court.
我被法庭传唤了
I appreciate that we're all back at the table.
很高兴大家都回到谈判桌上
Mazel tov.
恭喜我们
But I'm not sure what the point is,
但如果他不愿意协商
if he's not willing to negotiate.
我不知道此次会面意义何在
Maybe you could ease up on some of your demands.
或许你可以放宽几项协议要求
Mmm. Deena, Mr. Lampard,
迪娜和兰帕德先生
would you mind stepping out a moment?
你们介意出去等会儿吗
Why? Believe me, sir,
为什么 先生 请相信我
it's in your daughter's best interest.
我们是为了您女儿好
I don't mind.
我不介意
Don't get lonely.
别太孤单哦
I won't.
我不会的
Okay, what have you got?
好了 你们发现了什么
I was reviewing Chumhum's SEC filings,
我看过证♥监♥会♥关于查查网的报告
and there's a recurring joint venture expense,
它每年都付给某家合资企业一笔费用
hidden in a footnote, for $112,000.
金额为11.2万美元 这信息隐藏在脚注中
I take exception to the adjective "Hidden".
我对"隐藏"这一词表示异议
A valuation challenge for 100 grand?
你们对一项10万美元的估价有疑义?
David, seriously.
大卫 你别逗了
The joint venture
这家合资公♥司♥
is a Rhode Island LLC called JC Partners.
位于罗德岛 叫做JC兄弟有限公♥司♥
And its one beneficiary is Jacob Carlisle.
它的受益人叫做雅各布·卡莱尔
That's the four-year-old son of Dara Carlisle,
他四岁 是黛娜·卡莱尔的儿子
the woman that Mr. Gross had a one-night stand with,
而2008年在格林斯博罗的一个股东会议上
in Greensboro in 2008 at a shareholders' meeting.
格罗斯先生曾与她共度一夜春宵
So what's the threat? Cough up the money,
你们想威胁我们什么 我们不给钱
or you'll tell your client?
你们就向你们的客户告密?
We don't know. We thought we'd discuss it.
说不好 我们觉得咱们可以讨论一下
Extortion? Not even you would sink that low. Sure I would.
这是勒索 即使是你 也不会这么低劣吧 我会
I'm going to call the State's Attorney's Office.
我要向州检察官办公室举报你
You're going to forfeit your license.
你的职业执照将被吊销
Rochelle, just stop.
罗谢尔 别说了
Neil, no.
尼尔 不要
That's... this... I'll give...
这是... 我会...
Give them what they want.
答应他们的全部要求
Isn't that sweet?
这太美妙了
Young love.
年轻人之间的爱情呐
So, Mr. Hayden...
海登先生...
you probably had the best available view
对所有洛克哈特&加德纳律所的诡计
of all the shenanigans at Lockhart/Gardner...
你大概是看得最清楚的人
Objection.
反对
As to shenanigans... I'll rephrase.
反对使用"诡计"一词 我会重新措辞
You had the best view
对于洛克哈特&加德纳律所的所作所为
of all the goings-on at Lockhart/Gardner?
你是否全看在眼里
Well... I was the trustee.
我曾经是监管人
Were you aware of the decision
你知道他们邀请五位律师
to offer partnerships to five associates?
成为其合伙人吗
Yes.
是的
And were you in agreement with that business decision?
你认同这个业务决定吗
Mr. Hayden?
海登先生
I was not.
我不认同
Financial commitments to partners
给予合伙人高额红利
are one of the causes
是这家公♥司♥破产的
of the firm's bankruptcy.
原因之一
Minting new partners is not a solution.
邀请新合伙人并非解决办法
They were doing it to raise money.
他们这样做是为了筹钱
Objection. Sustained.
反对 反对有效
Let me try it this way:
这样说吧
If each of those new partners met
如果每一位新合伙人
their capital contribution obligation,
都完成了他们的入资义务
how much money would Lockhart&Gardner raise?
洛&加事务所能从中筹到多少钱
$3 million.
300万美元
So, if allocated towards repayment of the debt,
如果这笔钱用来偿还债务
it would give the illusion of financial progress, right?
会让人误以为公♥司♥财务有了好转 对吗
Yes.
是的
So the large number of offers can only
所以伸出去的这么多橄榄枝
be explained as a... as a pyramid scheme.
只能被解释为...一种传销
Wait, no, no, strike that.
等等 不对 换个说法
In this context, how would you characterize
在这种情况下 你会怎么定义
the offer of employment in exchange for money?
以换取资金为目的的职位提供
Your description, while crude, is apt.
你的表述尽管有点粗俗 却很适合
It's a type of pyramid scheme.
这确实是传销的一种
And isn't a job being dangled
一份有交换条件的工作
in this quid pro quo sort of way... extraordinary?
是不是有点...离奇呢
No, I'm afraid not.
不是 恐怕不是的
It's not? Why is it not?
不是 为什么不是
Well... just the other day,
就说吧 就前几天
you offered me employment in exchange...
你也向我提供了一份有条件的工作...
Let's move on. Objection.
下个问题 反对
Let the witness answer.
让证人答完
The answer is irrelevant.
证人的回答和本案无关
The answer was incomplete.
证人还没有答完
When it is complete, the judge can decide if it's relevant.
证人答完后 法官会裁定是否有关
Ms. Lockhart, please let me do my job.
洛克哈特女士 我的工作就让我自己来做吧
Go ahead and complete your answer, Mr. Hayden.
继续完成你的回答 海登先生
I was saying, just the other day,
我刚说 就在前几天
you offered me employment, Mr. Canning,
你也向我提供了职位 坎宁先生
in exchange for continued help in these proceedings.
以听证会中的持续帮助作为条件
Move to strike as nonresponsive.
此提问未作应答 提请删除
Overruled.
反对无效
I think it was perfectly responsive.
我认为这应答得很好
Under oath, sir,
记住你起誓过 先生
did I ever make an offer of employment to you,
我有没有向你提供过工作
contingent upon your assistance in this hearing?
以你在此次听证会中的帮助为条件
No, but the clear import was that...
没有 但你明确指出...
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表