I...
我...
Sure.
没问题
So what do you call a win, Eli?
你觉得怎么算赢呢 伊莱
Uh, the majority of the straw poll votes.
民调得到多数票吧
Oh, come on. You guys have this hands-down.
得了吧 这个你们轻而易举就能拿下
I'm hearing you need 95% of the vote
我听说你们需要95%的票
to keep the other two Democrs from being contenders.
来让那两个民♥主♥党人退出竞争
Oh, my God, only the mainstream media
哦上帝 只有主流媒体
would take a 90% landslide and call it a loss.
才会把90%的压倒性优势称作失败
Oh, that's what we're expecting?
哦 结果会是这样吗
A 90% landslide?
90%的压倒性优势?
Please remember to cast your ballot.
请各位记得把票投入票箱
The poll remains open until 8:00.
投票将于8点截止
Huh? Um, I'll be right back, Harv.
我...我一会回来 哈维
What are you standing there for?
你在这里站着做什么
Peter, can we talk?
彼得 聊一下好吗
Yeah, excuse me.
好的 抱歉
Of course.
不必
It's up.
博客发出来了
How long? Till mainstream gets it?
还有多久 离被主流媒体发现有多久?
My guess is the blogger sent out e-mail alerts to all of them.
我猜博主给他们都发了邮件提醒
Maybe half an hour.
所以也许只有半小时
We've got to get our spin straight.
我们得整理一下应对的说法了
Ouch. Now what?
天呐 又怎么了
He mentions the cease-and-desist call from Will.
他提到了威尔给他打电♥话♥要他停手的事
Who?
谁
I couldn't couldn't get a hold of Diane,
我找不到戴安
and I needed to intimidate him right away.
而我需要立刻吓唬他一下
You had...
你让...
you had Will Gardner send a cease-and-desist order?
你让威尔·加德纳去向他发禁止令吗
No. Because the blogger was going ahead no matter what,
不是 因为这博主无论如何都会发的
so we pulled back. Excuse me.
所以我们放弃了 抱歉
Don't do that, Eli.
别这么做 伊莱
Don't have Will do anything for me.
别让威尔帮我做任何事
It was an emergency. I understand.
当时很紧迫 我知道
Just don't get him involved.
别把他扯进来就好
You're right. I'm sorry.
没错 抱歉
So we'll spin this as an attempt to smear you.
那我们就把这说成对你的蓄意污蔑
We'll make it a process story about how we address a smear.
我们把这弄成我们如何应对诽谤的花絮新闻
No, no. Just let it go.
不 不用 随它去吧
Don't even dignify it with spin.
不用解释 别给他脸
These things die on their own.
这些事会自己过去的
You accusing me of skimming?
你们说我瞒♥报♥收益吗
No, no. It's just that there is a discrepancy in the books,
不是 只是账目上有不符之处
and Mr. Bishop asked us to check in with you
毕夏普先生让我们来找你核实一下
because you're the manager of his bakery business.
因为你是他面包厂的管理人
Show me.
给我看
Show me the discrepancy in the books.
让我看看账上的不符处
Show him.
给他看
Here, this footnote.
这里 这个脚注
There's a 12% bump in sales in the first quarter of this year.
今年第一季度突然多了12%的销量
We sell to the coffee chains. They expanded.
我们卖♥♥给连锁咖啡店了 他们扩张了
Yes, but if you look here, there was no corresponding rise
但你看这里 面粉或高果糖玉米糖浆的
in the purchase of flour or high-fructose corn syrup.
原料购买♥♥量没有相应的增长
So if you were distributing more units,
若你销♥售♥的产品越多
your raw materials' costs should be correspondingly higher.
那原料开销相应地就应该越高
We bought 'em last quarter
我们上一季度买♥♥的原料
to hedge against the commodity prices.
为了应对物价调整买♥♥的
No. Not according to this spreadsheet
不 在这份年份同比进货表上
comparing year-to-year purchases.
不是这么显示的
Who are you again?
你是谁来着
Clarke Hayden.
克拉克·海登
I work as a trustee at Lockhart/Gardner.
我是洛&加律所的监管人
If you'll look here in this footnote, you'll see
如果你看这里的脚注 会发现
there is no increase in the yearly profits either.
年收益也没有增加
So I have to ask you, sir,
所以我得问你 先生
if you had a 12% rise, where did the surplus go?
如果你们销量增加了12% 利润去哪了
Employee benefits.
发员工福利了
What employee benefits?
什么员工福利
We bought all the employees memberships to a health club.
我们给所有的员工办了健身俱乐部会员卡
So you're also owned by Lemond Bishop?
你们也是雷蒙德·毕夏普名下的?
Oh, yeah, but he pretty much lets us do what we want.
对 但他给了我们自主经营的自♥由♥
And you seemed to have had an increase
你们今年第一季度似乎有
in health club memberships in the first quarter.
大量的会员增长
You usually have 40 to 60 new members.
通常你们有40到60名新会员加入
And this year, you had 300.
今年 你们有300名
Yes, we were thrilled.
没错 我们都为此激动
Right, but what we're finding odd
没错 但我们发现一个奇怪之处
is that you've only had 30 of the new members use the facilities.
只有30名新会员来使用器械
Well, here's the secret about health clubs.
这就是健身俱乐部的秘密
Most members like the idea of a health club,
大多数会员都乐于加入
but they don't love using it.
却又不爱运动
But 270 members never showed up, even once.
但有270名会员来一次都没来过
Really? Yeah.
真的? 对
Look. See this footnote here?
你看 看到这个脚注了吗
What?
怎么了
Mr. Hayden, what is it?
海登先生 怎么了
People think they can hide.
人们总觉得自己可以藏起来
You know the wondrous thing about numbers?
知道数字的奇妙之处吗
You can't hide.
就在于你藏不住
How dare you?
你好大胆子
You're laundering money through our legit businesses?
你竟敢用我们的合法业务洗钱
It's not your legit business. It's Bishop's.
那不是你们的合法业务 是毕夏普的
And we're his caretakers.
我们是他的管理人
You're compromising our legit businesses,
你在危及我们的合法业务
and you're not telling us.
还不告诉我们
Your businesses wouldn't even exist without our business.
若无我们的业务 你们的业务根本不会存在
How do you think they're staying afloat?
你觉得他们是怎么维持周转的
With drug money.
靠毒品赚来的钱
I don't know what's more startling:
真不知道如何形容你
your sanctimony or your hypocrisy.
故作圣洁还是伪装善良
You had a bigger problem, Diane.
你有更大的麻烦了 戴安
Your accountant just found a discrepancy
你的会计师刚发现一个健身俱乐部果汁吧
in the health club juice bar,
收入和开支有出入
and we have nothing to do with that.
而这跟我们毫无关系
There's nothing wrong with the juice bar.
果汁吧没有任何问题
Except that it's closed and it's still making money.
那为什么它停业了却还在赚钱
According to who?
你听谁说的
An accountant at our firm.
我们律所的一位会计师
Well, he's wrong.
他错了
It's just the health club making money.
那只是健身俱乐部在赚钱而已
Stop lying, Dex.
别撒谎了 迪克斯特
I put you in charge of this place.
这家店是我让你经营的
You need to explain.
现在你要解释清楚
Look, when we lost the other two health clubs,
当时 另外两家俱乐部破产的时候
you said to be entrepreneurial, self-starters.
你说要有创业精神 自主创业
I was trying something.
我就做了一些尝试
What?
什么
HGH.
人体生长激素
I told you no drugs! Not on the legit side!
我跟你说过 你这边不能搞毒品
But it's not drugs. It's steroids!
那不是毒品 是类固醇
Look, I was clearing $120,000 a month.
当时我一个月净赚12万美元
The health club was gonna go under without it.
要不是这样我们的俱乐部也会破产
Yeah. Everything all right?
是我 有情况吗
No. There's some activity at the end of his block.
对 他街区后面有人
What do you mean?
什么意思
It's a cable TV van. Looks like undercover.
是个有线电视车 看着像是秘密行动
Trying very hard not to look like undercover.
还很努力地在掩人耳目
Okay, hang on.
等下 别挂
Hi. Excuse me!
打扰一下
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表