And does Mr. Crockett... hate you?
那么克罗克特先生 讨厌你了吗
No.
没有
So does the accusation
那么 你觉得
that Wayne killed Tre because he was gay
"韦恩杀了特瑞因为他是同性恋"的指控
seem odd to you?
奇怪吗
Objection! Sustained.
反对 反对有效
No further questions.
没有问题了
I think that puts this hate crime insanity to rest.
应该不会有人继续疯子一样说这是仇恨犯罪了
No need to object. I'll withdraw.
不用反对了 我收回那句话
Thank you for inviting me to
谢谢你们邀请我来到
the Regional Senior Center of Greater Morton Grove.
莫顿沟地区老年人中心
Your work here is...
你们在这里所做的一切...
...extraordinary.
相当杰出
And I know that my son, in his many years at...
我确信我的儿子 在他多年来...
...in his years at
多年来在
the State's Attorney's Office
州检察官办公室的工作中
has thought often of the
一定经常想到
good people of Greater Morton Grove, especially...
莫顿沟的好人们 尤其...
...especially...
尤其是...
Uh, especially the seniors.
尤其是老年人
And we're going to need everybody's help this weekend
这个周末 请每个人出一份力
to make this straw poll a success.
从而使得民♥意♥调查获得成功
It's-it's not just the...
而这 这不只是...
It's not just...
不只是...
It's...
是...
it's not just the most dedicated voters
不只是最热忱的选民
who-who matter at a...
才...才会在民♥意♥调查中...
at a straw poll.
起重要作用
What is she doing?
她在干什么
It's... it's a...
而且 而是...
She did that throughout the whole thing? Yeah.
她一直就这状态吗 是啊
Odd, huh?
奇怪吧
This is because I cut her schedule.
就因为我删减了她的演讲行程
She's getting back at me.
她在向我示♥威♥
I need to talk to that stupid...
我要跟那个蠢到极点的...
That was a terrific crowd.
大家很欢迎我啊
Oh. There's Mom.
哦 这不是我妈么
What's she doing? Is that the luncheon?
她在干什么 这是那个午餐会吗
No, that's something from today.
不 这是今天的一个演讲
I've lost my place.
我不知说到哪了
Yeah. How's she doing?
是吗 她怎么样
The straw poll...
民♥意♥调查
Well, um...
她在...
struggling.
受煎熬
Well, she needs to get her sea legs back.
她还不太适应
By the way, she said you cut her speaking schedule.
对了 她说你删减了她的演讲行程
Why don't I head out?
我还是先走吧
Did you? Did you, uh...
有吗 你有没有...
cut her schedule down?
删减了她的行程
Yes.
是的
Jackie has...
杰姬
tanked a few speeches.
几个演讲表现得很糟糕
Really? I thought she seemed good.
真的 我以为她表现很好呢
Peter, we discussed this at the beginning.
彼得 一开始我们就说好了
I am the strategist.
我是策略制定者
I have to be given leeway to decide strategy.
得给我制定策略的余地
Yes, and I'm the candidate.
没错 但我是候选人
And my mother's had a stroke,
我妈刚中了风
and she wants to be involved.
她想要参与
Involve her.
你就得让她参与
I'll see what I can do.
那我尽量吧
Mr. Minson.
闵森先生
You testified that Mr. Crockett had no problem with gay people.
你作证说克罗克特先生对同性恋没有意见
Do you know if he had any gay friends besides you?
那你知道除了你他还有其他同性恋朋友吗
I don't know. I never met any.
我不知道 我没见过
Could it be he didn't really view you as a gay friend,
有没有可能他没把你当做同性恋朋友
he viewed you as a childhood friend?
而是把你看作儿时玩伴
I guess.
也许吧
You said that, uh, Tre had "No game" when it came to women.
你说过 在女人的事情上特瑞"没戏"
What did you mean by that?
那是什么意思
He... he wasn't exactly a man's man.
他 他并不是男子汉式的男人
Meaning he was effeminate.
你的意思是他有点娘娘腔
You could say that.
可以这么说
Did Wayne Crockett say that?
韦恩·克罗克特也这么想吗
Objection. Hearsay.
反对 这是传闻证据
I'll rephrase.
我重新问
Did you ever see Wayne mock Tre for being girlish?
你有没有见过韦恩嘲笑特瑞的娘娘腔
Yes, but Wayne was just busting balls, you know?
是有 但韦恩只是在开玩笑
Did Wayne make fun of other men for being girlish?
韦恩有没有因娘娘腔嘲笑过其他男人
Your Honor, objection.
法官阁下 反对
One at a time. This has become absurd.
一个个说 这太荒谬了
What happened to liability?
说好的法律责任呢
Liability is dependent on whether it's a hate crime or not.
法律责任依据是否是仇恨犯罪而变化
But you keep changing the nature of the hate.
但你的仇恨性质时时在变
First it was a hate crime against a gay man,
开始是针对同性恋的仇恨犯罪
and now it's a hate crime against men who are...
现在你的仇恨犯罪针对的是...
I shouldn't put words in your mouth, Mr. Andrews.
我不应该抢你的台词 安德鲁斯先生
How would you put it?
你会怎么说
Swishy.
脂粉气的
So now it's a hate crime against "swishy" people,
所以现在是针对"脂粉气"男人的仇恨犯罪
who are not gay.
而不是同性恋
I'm alluding to effeminate mannerisms
我提及的娘娘腔的举止
which the jury is entitled to conclude are a proxy for homosexuality.
陪审团有权利推断它即是同性恋的替代词
Your Honor, a mannerism is not a protected class.
法官阁下 行为举止并不属受保护的属类
There are effeminate heterosexuals,
有娘娘腔的异性恋者
and effeminate homosexuals,
也有娘娘腔的同性恋者
which is why the essence of gayness is
也就是同性行为的本质是
an actual sexual act.
得有实际的性行为发生
So there's no such thing as an abstinent gay man?
就是说不存在禁欲的同性恋者
Or a gay man who marries a woman?
也没有娶了女人的同性恋者
If an effeminate man marries a woman
如果一个有娘娘腔的男人和女人结了婚
and doesn't sleep with men,
也不和男人上♥床♥
then yes, that man is not gay.
那没错 他不是同性恋
And if someone kills an abstinent gay man,
那如果有人谋杀了一个禁欲的同性恋者
you're saying that's not a hate crime?
你认为这不是仇恨犯罪
We're saying that you can't commit a hate crime
我们认为的是 行为举止
against a mannerism.
不能引起仇恨犯罪
But you can if that mannerism is a proxy
只要那个行为举止等同于
for a protected class.
受保护的属类就可以了
Okay. Very provocative, Mr. Andrews.
行了 辩得很有理 安德鲁斯先生
But as a matter of law,
但作为法律问题
I don't know if that's true.
我不知道这能不能成立
As my wife would say,
就像我妻子说的
"The law can't address everything."
"法律不是万能的"
Yes, but when the law can't,
是的 但当法律解决不了的时候
the jury must.
陪审团就得担起责任
Yes. True.
是的 没错
My wife would agree with that, too.
我妻子也会同意的
I'm willing to say it's a question of fact,
我想说这是个有关事实
and the province of the jury.
和陪审团职权的问题
I'll allow.
我批准了
What?
什么
I said, I'll allow.
我说我批准了
Thank you, Your Honor.
谢谢您 法官阁下
Is that a picture of your wife, there?
那照片里的是您妻子吗
No.
不是
Sorry. Thank you.
抱歉 谢谢您
So. "Swishiness."
那么 "脂粉气质"
No.
不
But Jackie won't listen to me.
但杰姬不听我话啊
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表