He was accused of being a communist sympathizer.
他被控支持共♥产♥主义
He lost his job and committed suicide.
丢了工作最后自杀了
Yes.
是的
I-I'm not sure, um...
我不太明白
I mean, what is this, Kalinda?
我是说 这怎么了 凯琳达
My father was Jake's best friend.
我父亲是杰克最好的朋友
He stood by him.
他一直支持他
In fact, he...
事实上 他
he was one of the only people who stood by him.
他是极少数支持他的人之一
At great personal expense.
付出了很大的代价
I know. So, I...
我知道 所以 我
I don't know what you think.
我不知道你是怎么想的
Diane, you don't have to hear this.
戴安 你不必听到这些
Well, will it affect the judgeship?
这会影响我任职法官吗
I don't know.
我不确定
It might.
有这个可能
Well, then... yes.
那么 我要听
I mean, tell me.
告诉我吧
Private meetings were held between House Committee
非美活动调查委员会和几位
on Un-American Activities and several...
有影响力的教授召开了
influential professors.
几次秘密会议
And they met with my father? Yes.
他们会见过我父亲 是的
A-And you're saying that...
你是说
that he named Jake?
他告发了杰克吗
But that's a rumor, right?
但那只是谣言 对吧
I mean, it was-- there were private meetings,
那...会议是秘密进行的
so there was no...
所以不会有...
Minutes were taken.
有会议纪要
No... Yes.
不 停下吧
I... I think we should stop.
我想我们到此为止吧
Thank you, Kalinda.
谢谢你 凯琳达
I just, um...
我只是
I need to...
我需要
Don't stop investigating, please.
请不要停止调查
Okay.
好的
We recall Isobel Swift.
我方再次传唤伊索贝尔·斯威夫特
You testified that you and Mr. Sweeney were
你作证说你和斯威尼先生
having sex at the moment he allegedly fired the gun.
在据称他开枪的时刻正在做♥爱♥
Yes. Would you say the sex was...
是的 你觉得当时
pretty wild?
很狂野吗
Well... yes.
是的
And this sexual activity took place in the Rose Salon?
这场性♥爱♥活动发生在玫瑰沙龙吗
Actually, I believe I was mistaken when I said that.
实际上 我觉得我当时说错了
Upon further reflection,
进一步回想一下
I remembered we were actually in the Camelia Room.
我想起来我们是在山茶花厅
Objection, Your Honor.
反对 法官阁下
Asked and answered.
重复问题
The witness is entitled to change
证人有权改变证言
her testimony if her recollection
如果她对被询问事件的
of the events in question changes.
记忆有了变化
She's badgering the witness, Your Honor.
她这是在纠缠证人 法官阁下
She doesn't look badgered to me. Overruled.
在我看来她没被纠缠 反对无效
So, Ms. Swift, just to be clear,
那么 斯威夫特小姐 为清楚起见
you're absolutely positive that the two of you
你完全肯定你们俩当时
were in the Camelia Room,
是在山茶花厅
the very room from which the gun was fired,
也就是据被告方自己的专家确认
according to the defense's own expert?
子弹射出的那个房♥间吗
Yes.
是的
You were not.
你才没有
I was.
真的有
Six months in juvie.
少管所里待了六个月
It was involuntary manslaughter.
过失杀人
I shot my own brother.
我枪击了我自己的哥哥
Oh, well, as long as that's all it was.
只要仅此而已就行
It was an accident, of course.
当然了 那是起意外
And it was my dad's huntin' rifle.
是我爸的猎枪
How was I supposed to know it was loaded?
我怎么知道里面有子弹呢
But... judge didn't care.
但是 法官才不管呢
You can look it up in the Ohio Department of Corrections.
你可以在俄亥俄州管教部查到
Say hello to J479361.
向J479361号♥犯人打个招呼
Wow. A felon.
还是重罪呢
So, Mr. Fancy Supreme Court Clerk.
最高法♥院♥书♥记♥员先生
What's it like helping shape the law?
帮助决定法律的进程是什么感觉
The truth?
要听实话吗
Intoxicating.
太令人兴奋了
I mean, the breadth of power those nine people have.
我是指那九个人所拥有的权力之大
The Miles opinion sure could
迈尔斯案意见书肯定会
make things harder for criminals with guns.
让持枪犯罪的人更不好过
It's going to. Soon.
的确会的 很快
Really? You sound like you know what you're talking about.
是吗 听起来你好像知道些什么
Wallace sent over his revisions for me
华♥莱♥士♥把他的修订本发给我看了
to check out-- not that he changed much.
他没改什么
Can I read it?
我能看一下吗
I'd love to, but that's against the rules.
我倒是乐意 但是这不符合规定
You can read it in...
你马上就能看到
40 hours.
40个小时后
That's what he said.
他是这么说的
Pizza?
披萨
Go ahead.
请随意
You know, he really wasn't such a bad guy.
他其实人还行
He was kind of sensitive.
有点感性
He was talking about Jackson Pollack.
他还谈到了杰克逊·波拉克
You know Jackson Pollack?
你知道杰克逊·波拉克吗
You didn't drive here, did you?
你不是开车来的吧
Alicia, it's Cary.
艾丽西娅 我是凯里
People v. Miles is coming down in 40 hours.
迈尔斯案意见书会在40个小时后发布
Give me a call when you pick this up.
听到留言请给我回电♥话♥
I did not drive; I jogged.
我没开车 我跑着来的
You don't like Jackson Pollack?
你不喜欢杰克逊·波拉克吗
He was in a car accident.
他出过车祸哦
Yes, I know.
是的 我知道
You're really smart.
你真是个聪明人
Let me take you home. No.
我送你回家吧 不
Come on. Time to go home.
走吧 该回家了
I want more pizza.
我还想再吃点披萨
Okay.
好吧
What time is it, anyway?
不过现在几点了
I idolized my father.
我曾以我父亲为偶像
People are always more than one thing, Diane.
人都不止一面 戴安
Maybe.
可能吧
But if he was a hypocrite,
但如果他是个伪君子
what does that make me?
那我成什么了
I patterned my life after his.
我的一生就是以他为榜样
You patterned your life after the things
你引以为榜样的是你
that you admired about him.
仰慕他的那些方面
You don't need to answer for...
你不必对
sins you didn't even know about.
你根本不知道的罪过负责
You're good at this.
你真的很会安慰人
Why do we keep running away from each other?
我们为什么要不停地逃避彼此
I don't know.
我不知道
We should get married.
我们应该结婚
Did I just say that?
我刚才真的说出来了吗
You did.
是的
Okay, I'm... I'm in a transitional place right now,
我 我现在正处于过渡期
and I...
而且我
I think I'm just saying things.
我想我就是随口说说
Okay.
好吧
Okay.
好吧
Well, now I'm embarrassed.
现在我很尴尬
Forget I just said that.
忘了我刚才说的话吧
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表