Uh... I was just checking in.
我只是想问候你一下
Oh. Then why don't you...
那么 要不
come visit me at the campaign bus?
你来我的竞选车找我
We're at Morgan Park, and then maybe we'll get a bite to eat.
我们在摩根公园 然后 我们或许能吃顿饭
If I get a break, I will.
如果我有空 我一定过去
Good. And one thing you might try with Elsbeth--
好的 埃尔斯贝特这案子 你还可以试试这个
question the arrest itself.
质疑逮捕本身的合法性
Make it a constitutional issue,
使它上升为宪法问题
and that way, the presiding judge will have to transport her.
这样法官必须把她转送到市立监狱
Good. Thanks.
真好 谢谢
All right. See you.
好的 回头见
Thank you for answering our questions, Mr. Chesterfield.
谢谢你回答我们的问题 切斯特菲尔德先生
Dr. Chesterfield.
切斯特菲尔德医生
C'est ma faute.
我的错
I'm sorry. I don't speak French.
对不起 我不讲♥法♥语
My mistake. So, you are the chemist
我的错 所以 你就是
who tested Anna Buday's B-sample?
检验安娜·布黛的B瓶样本的药剂师
I'm lead analyst at Edgar Labs.
我是埃德加实验室的首席分♥析♥师
We test and interpret samples for all U.S. Athletes.
我们为全美运动员的样本进行检测分♥析♥
So that's a yes?
所以答案是肯定的
Yes. And you are familiar with
是的 你是否熟悉
the booster scandal, docteur?
兴♥奋♥剂♥丑闻呢 医生
Yes, I'm the one who discovered it.
是的 是我发现了它
And the new compound, dexitetrasolone.
以及新型合成物 德西特松龙
And after you discovered it, did you test this... substance?
在你发现它之后 你有测试过这种...物质么
No.
没有
We're still waiting on subpoenas of private labs
制♥造♥商是中国几家私人实验室
in China who manufacture it. I see, so...
我们还在等对他们的传票 我知道了 于是...
you have never seen this mysterious substance.
你从来没见过这种神秘的物质
You have never held it, never tested it.
你从未接触过 从未检测过它
So how can you be positive it even exists?
你怎么能确定它确实存在呢
I don't need the actual drug to know that it's real, ma'am.
我不需要实体的药物来确认它的存在 女士
Think of contrails from an airplane--
就像飞机驶过留下的尾迹
they don't just appear;
它们不是凭空出现的
something had to make them.
一定得先有飞机飞过
So how do you prove definitely
所以你怎样才能确切地证明
that Anna used this compound
安娜使用了这种合成物呢
when she denies it?
她本人对此可是坚决否认的
Does she have contrails?
她也有尾迹么
If we are to argue in metaphors, gentlemen,
如果我们要用比喻的手法辩论 先生们
then contrails are enough.
那么有足够多的尾迹了
They were enough with Lance Armstrong.
阿姆斯特朗不就因此身败名裂吗
I'm sorry. Is it your turn to argue?
对不起 轮到你发言了吗
This isn't about arguments.
这与辩论无关
These Chicago lawyers continue to think
这些芝加哥律师一直认为
that this is an adversarial proceeding.
这是对抗性诉讼
Oh, our mistake. I guess we should all just agree anna is guilty.
我们的错 看来我们应该一致同意安娜是有罪的
This is not an American court, Mr. Gardner.
这里不是美国法庭 加德纳先生
There's no need to be at each other's throat.
没必要步步紧逼
Uh, this is not Rambo.
这里也不是《第一滴血》
The rules don't require actual proof
按规定 阻止她参加下周一的比赛
to keep her from running on Monday.
并不需要任何实体证据
We have to find another way.
我们必须另寻出路
What do you need?
你需要什么
Will and Diane are running into a dead end at the CAS
威尔和戴安在国际体育仲裁法庭遇到了死胡同
and have asked me to review your trial notes.
他们让我翻看你的庭审记录
These.
这些
Diane? Diane's on it, too? Yeah.
戴安 戴安也参与了吗 是的
She's so elegant.
她真是优雅高贵
Yeah. Um...
是的
what does that say?
这里代表了什么
That's background on Dr. Chesterfield.
这是切斯特菲尔德医生的背景资料
What happened with him? Contrails.
他怎么了 尾迹
Yeah.
是的
He loves his contrails.
他最爱用这个比方了
The problem with doping charges is the burden of proof
滥用药物指控的问题是
is reversed-- you have to prove you're innocent.
举证责任是颠倒的 被告必须证明自己的清白
What? Where's Alicia?
怎么了 艾丽西娅在哪里
She's trying to get you a trial downtown,
她正在努力让你在市立法♥院♥受审
but what is it you were about to say?
你刚想说什么
Me? Yeah.
我? 是的
Oh, yes. Tell Will and Diane
告诉威尔和戴安
they have to attack the three pillars.
他们必须从三个支柱入手
The three... Pillars.
三... 支柱
It's the way they substantiate doping charges--
那是他们确认运动员使用兴♥奋♥剂♥的方法
pillar one: analysis.
支柱一 化验结果
I guess we lost on that one.
我想我们已经输掉这一场了
What are the other two? Uh, II don't know.
其他两个是什么 我...不知道
No, I'm asking myself.
我是在问自己
Co... confidentiality.
保密度
And, uh... chain of custody.
还有...监管链
Chain of custody? Yes. Like a threelegged stool,
监管链 对 就像只三角凳
you knock that out, the CAS falls over.
打翻它 国际体育仲裁法庭就倒了
Okay. Thanks.
好的 谢谢
You know what? What?
你知道吗 知道什么
I hate depending on other people.
我讨厌依靠别人
Me, too.
我也是
Look, I'll be back.
我会回来的
Oh, looks like your transport downtown has arrived.
看来你可以被移送了
Yay!
太好了
Now, we all know that I have made mistakes,
我们都知道我做了错事
but I want to learn.
但我想吃一堑长一智
That's why I'm here speaking to you,
所以才在这里跟你们
the Minority Rights Coalition. Three debates?
少数利益联盟对话 三次辩论
You do the voters a disservice if you give them anything less.
再少就会伤害选民的利益
Oh, yes, that's what this is all about,
对 一切目的就是这个
doing the voters a service.
为选民服务
We'll consider three. We will not. Two.
我们会考虑三次辩论 不 两次
You give us two town halls, we will consider three.
你同意办两次市民集♥会♥ 我们考虑三次
This is not an official negotiation.
这不是正式谈判
Why not, Eli?
为什么不是 伊莱
What's wrong with three?
三次又怎么了
Maddie, send your representatives over to me...
玛蒂 请让你的代表来找我...
I do things myself.
我自己做事
Write my own speeches, spend my own money.
我自己写讲稿 花自己的钱
Why don't we just shake right now on three?
我们不如现在就握手协议 定下三次
No. Not right now.
不行 现在不行
My office...
我的部门...
prosecutes more African-Americans than any other group,
起诉的黑人比其他人种多
and I want to know why.
我想知道原因
President Obama...
奥巴马总统...
promised a discussion on race in this country.
承诺探讨国内种族问题
We've never had it.
而我们从未讨论过
I'm not the type that likes to point fingers, Eli, but...
我不是喜欢推卸责任的人 伊莱 但...
you should listen to me more.
你该多听听我的
I know what I'm doing.
我知道自己在做什么
No, court's at 9:00 tomorrow.
不 明天9点开庭
I should have her out by noon.
她中午应该能出来
Okay, got to go.
好的 我得挂了
Did... you have a break? Yeah.
你...休息时间? 对
You all right? Yeah. It was a...
你还好吗 还好 只是...
just a bad speech.
弄砸了场演讲
You have time for a bite?
有时间一起吃点东西吗
Sure.
好啊
Come on, Peter.
彼得
It's not as bad as you think.
事情没你想的那么糟
Come on! Peter, let's talk!
彼得 我们谈谈
I need a minute!
给我一分钟
Just a minute?
就一分钟?
A campaign minute.
特别长的一分钟
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表