Yeah.
不错
What does he want me to say?
他想让我怎么说
Well, that's a difficult one.
这倒真是很难说
"No" would be the obvious answer.
明显就是说"没有"啊
Right. But...
不错 但是...
maybe mixed with some outrage.
或许带上点愤怒情绪
Yeah, I don't do outrage well these days.
我最近对愤怒不是很拿手
How about laughter?
那大笑呢
Well... that would be easier.
那...那倒是简单得多
Good. Thank you.
好 谢谢你
That's okay.
别客气
Did you fill Cary's position at the state's attorney's office?
州检办凯里的职位你找人补上了吗
No, not yet.
没有 还没
Why?
干什么
Are you going to?
你还准备找吗
Well, someday when I have time.
等我有时间的时候
There's someone...
有个人...
I think you should consider.
我认为你可以考虑
An ex-military lawyer.
她以前是军事律师
A captain. You'd like her.
是个上尉 你会喜欢她的
Really?
真的
Yeah.
是啊
Do you mind considering her?
你介意考虑一下她吗
I don't.
不介意
Do you mind talking to the press?
你介意跟媒体说话吗
Nope.
不介意
Good.
很好
It's a deal.
那就这样
Thanks.
谢谢
You, too.
也谢谢你
Bye.
再见
Well, you two are cheerful.
你俩看来心情不错嘛
We've been frozen out.
我们被排挤了
The last FCC commissioner
最后那位联邦通信委员会的委员
doesn't want to hear us. It's worse.
不愿意听我们道歉 比这更糟
I made a few calls, and Commissioner Martinez
我打了几个电♥话♥ 马丁内斯委员
is still meeting with Parents Against Indecency.
仍然会和"家长抵♥制♥下流"组织见面
Great. He doesn't want to meet with you guys,
好极了 他不想和你们见面
but he's still meeting the opposition tomorrow at 6:00.
但明天六点他仍然会和对方见面
One thing we could try...
还有个办法可以试试
Yes?
什么
We go.
我们过去
Go where?
去哪
Martinez at 6:00.
六点到马丁内斯那
We were disinvited.
我们的会面被取消了
We never got the message.
我们不知道被取消了
We know he wanted to hear
我们只知道他愿意听我们和
from both Parents Against Indecency and us,
"家长抵♥制♥下流"组织双方的说辞
and we never got the disinvite.
我们不知道会面被取消了
You crash it.
硬闯
No, this is the new me.
不 这是全新的我
Smell my perfume; it's called Accommodation.
闻我的香水 叫做调整
Oh, it's nice.
不错
Thanks.
谢谢
I'll catch up with you.
你们先去
So you're not going to call?
你不打算打这个电♥话♥是吧
You're going to ignore your own father?
你要拒绝自己的父亲吗
Yep.
是的
I only need one call to Diane Lockhart.
我只需要你给戴安·洛克哈特打一个电♥话♥
And I only needed one call on my birthday,
我只需要你在我生日时打一个电♥话♥
one call when I was out of work.
在我丢了工作时打一个电♥话♥
Did you know I was the youngest deputy state's attorney ever?
你知道我是史上最年轻的州副检察官吗
Did you know that? We don't do that, Cary.
你知道吗 我们之间不那样 凯里
Other families gush.
别人家那是煽情
You know how I pay a compliment to you now?
你知道我现在为什么称赞你吗
By needing something from you.
表示我需要你的帮助
Dad.
爸
No... no.
不 不
A few years ago I'd jump at the chance to impress you,
几年前我会抓住一切机会让你称赞我
but it's over.
但现在不会了
I won't be calling you again.
我不会再给你打电♥话♥了
My loss.
我的损失
I'm so sorry, I didn't get the message. Cary?
太对不起了 我没收到信息 凯里呢
My gosh, no, I didn't either.
天啊 我也没有
Y-You were canceling?
您取消这次会面了吗
Yes, just a scheduling logjam.
是 行程表有些冲突
Well, now that we're all here...
既然我们都到了
...it seems only fair.
那不如...
All I wanted to do
我想做的
was to make women aware of breast cancer.
不过是希望女性关注乳腺癌
And disrobing was making them aware?
脱♥光♥衣服能让她们关注吗
Would I do it that way again? No,
我还会这么做吗 不会
but women needed to see something memorable,
但女性们应该看些印象深刻的东西
something to provoke them.
能刺♥激♥她们的东西
I'm impressed, Ms. Dodd.
我很感动 多德女士
Thank you, Commissioner.
谢谢 委员先生
But what I have trouble reconciling
但我很难把这位
is this new Therese with the Therese
新特蕾泽和讲这个笑话的特蕾泽
that told this joke:
当成一个人
"Rape is never funny.
强♥奸♥毫不可笑
Unless you're raped by a clown."
除非你被小丑强♥奸♥了
How is this funny, Ms. Dodd?
这怎么好笑了 多德女士
Sir, that wasn't part of the original act. I understand that,
这不是在这次事件中发生的 我明白
but I find myself confused by Ms. Dodd's sense of humor.
我只是觉得自己很难理解多德女士的幽默
Do you know that every 45 seconds,
你知道每45秒
there is another sexual assault in America?
就有一起性侵案在美国发生吗
So I'm not sure how rape is funny.
所以我不太理解强♥奸♥怎么会好笑
The joke isn't about rape, sir.
这不是关于强♥奸♥的笑话 先生
It's about a ridiculous juxtaposition.
只是一种滑稽的并列
But it makes light of rape, doesn't it?
但它表示出了对强♥奸♥的不在乎 不是吗
Shall I read it again?
用我再读一遍吗
I think, sir, you're trying to make a point
我认为 您在设法
by putting Ms. Dodd on the spot.
让多德女士承担责任
Sir, we didn't come... You're right.
我们不是来 您说得对
It's not funny, Commissioner.
这不可笑 委员先生
Therese. What?
特蕾泽 怎么了
He's right.
他说得对
Rape is never funny,
强♥奸♥毫不可笑
and the association of clowns and rape is just offensive,
把小丑和强♥奸♥摆在一起非常无礼
and I feel terrible that I wrote it.
我很抱歉写了这样的内容
Thank you, ma'am,
谢谢
but then I find myself asking,
但我还是想问
why do you tell these jokes?
那你为什么还要讲这些笑话
Because I have a potty mouth.
因为我嘴欠
Are you making fun of me, Ms. Dodd? No.
你在跟我开玩笑吗 多德女士 不是
Never...
我绝不会
Because that's why we have standards--
这就是为什么我们制定标准
to protect the viewers from indecency like this.
不让观众看到这类污言秽语
Well, if the question is about protecting viewers,
如果问题的关键是保护观众
they voted with their remotes.
他们可以用遥控器做出选择
There are more viewers watching the show than ever.
现在该节目的观众前所未有的多
Okay, so I must ask you, Ms. Dodd,
好 那我必须问你 多德女士
will you sign a pledge that you will never do
你愿意签署一份协议保证你永不会
anything like this on TV again?
再在电视上做出此类举动吗
Ms. Dodd?
多德女士
I think that's a yes.
我想她同意了
I was in the JAG Corps for 12 years
我在军法署干了12年
and before that, I attended SLS.
在这之前我上的SLS
S-Stanford Law.
斯坦福法学院
Oh, I thought that was military jargon.
我还以为是军队术语
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表