Basically.
基本上是这样
Will, I should be in there
威尔 我应该在那里面
interviewing the second investigator.
面试第二个调查员
The first investigator
首席调查员
should be in there interviewing the second.
应该参与面试第二个调查员
This is a partner-level decision.
这事是由合伙人来决定的
Yeah. Which partners?
是吗 哪些合伙人
Diane, Rick,
戴安 里克
Bob from Litigation,
诉讼部的鲍勃
Alicia.
艾丽西娅
Yes.
是的
Your back is covered.
有人罩着你
This is a good thing, Kalinda.
这是件好事 凯琳达
More work, more money,
活儿更多 收入更多
more prestige.
威信也更高
You know, somehow, when people say "More prestige,"
不知怎的 当人们说"威信更高"时
they usually mean "Less power."
往往意味着"权利更小"
Check on Chef De Luca!
去查查德·卢卡大厨
Is he leaving us?
他要换律所了吗
Look, I'm from Lockhart/Gardner,
我是洛克哈特&加德纳律所的
and I'm here to make sure that you're happy.
我来是想问问您是否满意我们的服务
Needs more cheese.
得再加点奶酪
You paid your bill in full, on time.
您按时并全额付清了帐款
That usually suggests that a client is leaving.
客户那样做通常意味着他要离开我们
I'm fine.
我很好
Good.
那就好
Because we're offering clients
因为我们正在给
a five-percent discount on services
预付聘金的客户
in exchange for a retainer.
提供5%的折扣
Lately your firm has stopped making me feel...
近来你们律所让我感觉自己
special.
没那么特殊了
Okay. So...
好吧 那...
how can we make you feel special again?
我们怎么能再让您感到特殊呢
In my experience
以我的经验来看
the larger the firm,
律所规模越大
the harder it is to change their behavior.
就越难改变它的行为
It's not about teaching an old dog new tricks,
这与教老狗学新把戏不同
it's about teaching a big dog.
这是教一只大狗
So you're considering using a smaller dog.
所以你在考虑换只小狗
Might you tell me
能告诉我
which dog you're speaking with?
您在和哪只小狗谈吗
Sure.
当然
It's one of your lawyers.
是你们公♥司♥的律师
Trying to convince me to jump ship with him.
想要说服我和他一起离开你们那儿
Which of our lawyers?
具体哪一位
I... no.
我...不行
You'll just get him fired. No. I won't.
你会害他被开除 不 我不会
Well, don't you think it's fair
难道你不觉得告诉我们
you tell us who we're competing with?
竞争对手是谁才够公平吗
Someone who's good on my cases.
是个对我的案子很了解的律师
That's all I'll say.
只能说到这了
Cary Agos?
凯里·艾格斯吗
That's all I ll say.
不能多说了
But it is Cary Agos?
是凯里·艾格斯吧
That's all I'm saying.
我只能说到这里
I looked into your background, Mr. Lester.
我查了你的背景 莱斯特先生
That sounds dramatic.
听起来好可怕呢
You've been a lawyer for 25 years,
你做了25年律师
but you've never tried a single case.
却从来没参加过庭审
Well, I don't like court.
我不喜欢法庭
You've never written one brief.
你也没写过辩诉状
None that I could find, anyway.
反正我是没找到
I don't like putting things in writing.
我不喜欢把事情写下来
You don't have a firm, and from what I can tell,
你没有公♥司♥背景 而且据我所知
you don't have an office either.
你也没有办公室
Well, I like working from home.
我喜欢在家工作
You've had one client for the last ten years:
过去十年你只有一个客户
Lemond Bishop.
莱蒙德·毕夏普
And before that, you had one client for 12 years.
在那之前 你12年只有一个客户
Anthony Grozzi, until he was murdered in 2003.
安东尼·格罗兹 直到03年他被杀害
Guilty. So what exactly...
有罪的 你到底...
do you do?
是干什么的
I have only one client because
我只有一个客户是因为
I don't like to work very much.
我不喜欢工作地太辛苦
I like working at home
我喜欢在家工作
because I like spending time with my wife.
是因为我喜欢和我太太在一起
What I do for Mr. Bishop is...
我为毕夏普先生所做的...
I offer dedicated service.
就是尽心为他服务
I update him,
我向他汇报情况
I keep an eye out for problems,
帮他留心问题出现的苗头
and when I think things are going wrong, I tell him.
当我认为要出现问题时 我就告诉他
I'm a small-town lawyer
我是个小镇来的律师
with a small-time practice.
执业时间也不长
Like Abraham Lincoln.
和亚伯拉罕·林肯一样
This case is winnable, Mr. Lester.
这个案子赢面很大 莱斯特先生
I didn't say it wasn't.
我也没说它不是啊
Mr. Bishop didn't do it.
毕夏普先生没杀人
He's innocent, and I can prove it.
他是清白的 我可以证明这点
Good.
很好
That's all he wants.
这就够了
Thanks for meeting me here. Sorry, I...
谢谢你们来这见我 抱歉 我...
I get the kids once a week.
我一周只能见孩子一面
I'm gonna say to you the same thing I said to the prosecutor,
要说的我已经对公诉人说过了
so I don't know what you need to know.
我不懂你还想知道些什么
I work for Mr. Bishop at a club that he owns,
我在毕夏普先生的一家俱乐部工作
and I saw him getting into a tan Honda
受害者失踪的那一晚
the night that the victim disappeared.
我看见他进了一辆茶褐色本♥田♥车
Was it this car?
是这辆车吗
Look, like I said,
我说了
I didn't see him kill anyone, all right?
我没看见他杀任何人 好吗
I just saw him get into that car.
我只是看见他进了那辆车
Her body was found in this car.
她的尸体是在这辆车上发现的
Yeah, I know. Okay, thanks.
我知道 好的 谢谢
How old are your kids?
你的孩子多大了
Five and seven.
一个五岁一个七岁
I remember when my daughters were that age.
我还记得我的女儿们这么大的时候
It's a lot of fun until they turn 13.
13岁前还挺欢乐一家亲的
And then... watch out.
但那之后...保重啊兄弟
His kids were cute.
他的孩子很可爱
That's why I asked him how old they were.
所以我就问了下她们的年龄
Didn't you think they were cute? Yes.
你不觉得她们很可爱吗 可爱
You thought I was, what, implying some kind of threat?
你觉得我是在暗示要恐吓他吗
I don't know.
我不知道
Well, he didn't change his testimony, so...
他没改变证词 所以...
I must not be very effective.
我的效力看来也就一般
"Lockhart/Gardner
洛克哈特/加德纳是一家
is an all-service law firm intent on..."
提供全方位服务的事务所 坚持于
"Intent on" sounds odd.
"坚持于"感觉有点别扭
"Dedicated to." "Dedicated to...
致力于 致力于
"Offering our clients the best...
为我们的客户提供最好的...
legal and professional services available..."
专业化的法律服务...
Great, Diane, that means nothing.
好嘛 戴安 这和没说一样
Who doesn't want to give their clients the best service?
谁不想给客户提供最好的服务
Then... what do you want it to say?
那...你觉得应该怎么写
"Lockhart/Gardner wants it all.
洛克哈特/加德纳野心勃勃
We want to be the biggest and the best."
我们想成为业界的翘楚
What?
怎么了
Can we just have a moment when we're not struggling?
我们能不能在不困难的时候稍微放松一下
Please? Can we just take a breath?
好吗 能不能先喘口气
We did take a breath.
我们喘过气了
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表