You know I have a tendency to buy out my irritants,
你知道我就喜欢收♥购♥让我不爽的对手
hire firms who sue me,
雇佣起诉我的律所
so this-- just a little performance piece.
所以这就是你演的一场戏吧
Well, not to toot our own horn, Mr. Gross,
我不是王婆卖♥♥瓜 格罗斯先生
but there is strategic advantage in hiring the firm
不过雇佣曾代表你对手的律所
that used to represent your competition.
确实算种战略优势
Although we're legally bound by attorney-client privilege,
尽管受限于律师-当事人保密特权
we know how Mr. Edelstein works
可我们的确了解艾德斯坦先生的工作方式
and we know how to beat him.
也清楚如何击败他
You're right-- strategically smart--
说得不错 聪明的战略
but, you see, here's the thing:
可关键在于
I don't like you
我不喜欢你
and I intend to go out of my way to never hire you.
我会竭尽所能绝不雇你
Nice talking with you.
跟你聊天很愉快
Look, Mr. Gross,
等等 格罗斯先生
little advice:
一个小忠告
If you're looking for a good lawyer,
若你要找一名好律师
don't go with who you like.
别依个人喜恶挑选
If I can irritate you like this,
如果我能把你刺♥激♥到这种程度
just think what I can do to your enemies.
想想我会怎么对付你的敌人
I'm rich enough not to care.
老子钱多不在乎
There were 12 campaign workers at the St. Martin,
在圣马丁宾馆有12个竞选工作人员
ten of them female.
其中有10位女性
Who's that?
这是谁
Indira Starr, advance.
尹迪拉·斯塔 竞选先遣人员
And she was at the hotel?
她当时在宾馆吗
Yeah, why?
在 怎么了
Kalinda, it is not true.
凯琳达 消息不是真的
Peter did not sleep with her.
彼得没有和她上♥床♥
Eli...
伊莱...
I want you to look at this speech...
我希望你看看这篇演讲稿
Hi, Peter.
你好 彼得
Peter, you know Kalinda Sharma?
彼得 认识凯琳达·夏尔马吗
Yes, in the State's Attorney's Office.
认识 州检察官办公室的同事
Of course, yeah. She's helping us with, uh, Mandy Post.
当然 她正帮我们处理曼蒂·珀斯特的事
Excuse me.
我先走了
Uh, you want the photo?
你要这张照片吗
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Thanks. Sure.
谢谢 不客气
You have her on this?
你让她来处理
Yeah, Why?
是 怎么了
She wants to be on it?
她想做这个?
Yeah.
是啊
Okay. Okay.
那就好 那就好
What do I need to know here, Peter?
有什么需要告诉我的吗 彼得
Nothing.
没有
Let's go over this.
我们把这个过一遍
You're reluctant to reveal the Chumhum algorithm to the court.
你不愿向法庭公布查查网的算法
Why is that?
为什么
Well, for the obvious reason,
显而易见
it's our crown jewels.
这是我们的核心技术
Other companies would pay millions for access to it.
其他公♥司♥愿出高价买♥♥这算法
And you're here to tell the court that
你在此告诉法庭
you won't acquiesce to their subpoena, is that right?
你不会接受他们的传票 是吗
Yes, but I believe I have the law on my side.
是的 可我相信法律站在我这边
Why is that?
为什么
The First Amendment. Oh, dear God.
宪法第一修正案 我的天
Mr. Gardner. Please.
加德纳先生 请注意
Our search engine results are protected by free speech.
我们搜索引擎的结果享有言论自♥由♥权利
To compel their release is the same as
强迫我们公开算法就等于
compelling a newspaper to reveal its sources.
强迫报纸公♥开♥信♥息来源
Thank you, Your Honor.
谢谢您 法官阁下
Therefore, you have editorial discretion, Mr. Gross?
因此 格罗斯先生 你有编辑酌情权是吗
Yes, and that is why I am resisting this subpoena.
是的 所以我拒绝这张传票
Kalinda, hello. Hey.
凯琳达你好啊 你好
This must be your friend.
这位是你朋友吧
Kalinda is it?
是叫凯琳达吗
How are you doing? I'm Nick.
你好吗 我是尼克
He was just keeping me company. Thrilling me with his accent.
他在陪我而已 他的口音迷死我了
Oh, I was trying to.
求之不得
So how do you two know each other?
你们怎么认识的
Just friends. Really?
朋友而已 真的吗
You seem like more.
看着没那么简单啊
Well, I don't know. You seem like, uh,
我不知道 你们看着就像是
adopted sisters or something.
干姐妹之类
No.
不是
Friends from way back.
很久之前认识的朋友
Let me get you both a drink.
我去给两位倒点酒来
Friends.
朋友
Sure.
好啊
Oh, I've just got something through.
啊 我好像有点事
Sorry. Will you excuse me, please?
抱歉 失陪一下 好吗
I'm just gonna be one second.
我一会回来
Dyke.
你个同性恋
Kevin Costas.
我叫凯文·科斯塔斯
I'm a blogger.
我玩博客
My blog, UberTech, was awarded
我的博客 牛逼科技曾被瘾科技
one of the Top 25 Tech Blogs of 2010 by Engadget.
评为2010年最佳25博客之一
Congratulations. And on your blog you wrote:
祝贺你 你在博客中写道
"Margarita Motions wasn't just plagiarized...
"玛格丽特动态不只是剽窃...
it stinks."
它逊毙了"
Yes.
是的
And how do you know it was plagiarized?
你怎么知道是剽窃呢
How do I know the software was?
我怎么知道那个软件剽窃吗
Because it was.
因为它剽窃了啊
'Cause it's not very good.
因为它不好用
And you have proof they stole it?
关于剽窃 你有证据吗
You mean, actual proof?
你是说 实际证据?
No.
没有
But I don't need it. It's my opinion.
不过我不需要证据 这只是我的看法
Objection, Your Honor.
反对 法官阁下
What does this have to do with the lawsuit?
这跟本次诉讼有什么关系吗
Mr. Gross is claiming
格罗斯先生声称
editorial discretion for his search engine,
拥有搜索引擎的编辑酌情权
therefore he is responsible for its editorial content...
因此他要对编辑内容负责
Wait a minute...
等一下
They can't have their cake and eat it too, Your Honor.
法官阁下 鱼与熊掌不可兼得
If they insist on free speech protections,
如果他们想要利用言论自♥由♥权
then they're responsible for that speech.
那就要对此言论负责
Your Honor...
法官阁下
No, Ms. Walsh, she's right.
不 沃尔什女士 她说得对
Overruled.
反对无效
So, Mr. Costas, you printed the accusation of plagiarism
科斯塔斯先生 你未经查证是否属实
without checking truth or falsehood?
就发表了对剽窃的指控
I didn't need to.
没必要查证
And did Mr. Gross, or anyone from Chumhum
那么格罗斯先生或者查查网的其他人
ask you for evidence as to the truth of your accusation?
向你要过关于剽窃的实证吗
Uh... from Chumhum?
查查网的其他人
Uh, no.
没有
Judge, this is absurd.
法官 太荒唐了
Chumhum has millions of pages.
查查网有无数页面
If my client is gonna be held liable for every single one...
如果每一页都要我的当事人负责
Well, then there will be a hell of a lot of defamation suits.
那么就会有无数诽谤的指控诉讼了
Yes, Ms. Walsh.
正是 沃尔什女士
I'm not making a free speech argument.
言论自♥由♥争议不是我挑起的
You are.
是你
One million dollars.
一百万美元
But you have to take it now.
要就马上接受
No consulting with Will. No second guessing.
不能跟威尔商量 不能举棋不定
Just business between two like minds.
只是谈得来的两人之间的事
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表