It was a party.
当时是在派对上
A... senior class party.
高年级派对
At Todd's place.
在托德家
And you went with some friends?
你和朋友一起去的?
Yes.
是的
Gina and Becky.
吉娜和贝琪
And you said this was at Todd's house.
你说是在托德家
You mean the defendant, Todd Bratcher?
是被告托德·布赖彻吗
Yes. Now before we go further,
是的 在继续深入讨论前
Rainey, there might be a question
蕾妮 有个小问题需要提
as to why this is taking place in a civil court
为什么本案在民事法庭进行
and not a criminal court.
而不是在刑事法庭
A rape would seem to be a criminal matter...
强♥奸♥案似乎是刑事案件
Objection, Your Honor.
反对 法官阁下
Counselor is testifying.
辩方律师在作证
Sustained. Thank you.
反对有效 谢谢
So, Rainey,
那么 蕾妮
why are you suing your rapist?
你为什么起诉强♥奸♥你的人
Your accused rapist?
你所谓的强♥奸♥犯
He's not in jail.
他没进监狱
He raped me and got a plea bargain with the prosecution,
他强♥奸♥了我 却和公诉人达成了辩诉交易
so he's going to Princeton,
他要去普林斯顿大学
not prison.
而不是监狱
I don't think he should get off scot-free.
我觉得他不该免于责罚
So the money, the amount you're suing him for?
那么你起诉索赔金额是多少
It's going to Rape Victim Advocates.
钱将捐给强♥奸♥受害者支持机构
I... just want it to cost him something.
我只是想让他付出点代价
I don't want any... Excuse me.
我不想要任何... 抱歉
I need to interrupt for a minute here. Sheriff,
我得打断一下 警长
please take the jury into the holding room.
请将陪审团带去等候室
Uh, sorry, Your Honor, I'm not sure...
抱歉 法官阁下 我不觉得
Mr. Gardner, please wait for the jury to be removed.
加德纳先生 请等待陪审团全部离席
I just received a copy of this tweet a minute ago,
我刚收到一条一分钟前发出的推特
"I don't care if they put me in jail.
"我不在乎他们会不会把我送进监狱
Todd Bratcher raped me."
托德·布赖彻强♥奸♥了我"
At the beginning of this trial,
在本次庭审开始时
I insisted on one thing:
我坚持一条原则
Not trying this case in the press.
不要利用舆♥论♥压力来审判
I put a gag order in place for exactly that reason.
我也因此明确下达了禁言令
And now... there's this.
现在却出了这个
So I must ask you, Ms. Selwin...
所以我必须问你 塞尔文小姐
Your Honor, please let me speak to my client...
法官阁下 请让我为我的当事人说一句
Don't you want to hear
难道你不想先听听
my question first? I do. I'm sorry.
我的问题吗 对不起 您说
Did you write this tweet?
这条推特是你写的吗
Your Honor, I must insist
法官阁下 我必须坚持
on my client's Fifth Amendment right
我的当事人拥有宪法第五条修正案所规定
against self-incrimination.
无需自认犯罪的权利
No. I...
不 我
It would be better if you insist on your right
你最好坚持自己的权利
or that your sister posted this for you.
或者说是你的姐妹帮你发了这一条
Mr. Gardner, I did...
加德纳先生 是我
He'll hold you in contempt.
他会判你藐视法庭
If he holds you in contempt...
如果他判你藐视法庭
he wins.
他就赢了
Excuse me. I asked a very simple question.
抱歉 我问了个很简单的问题
Your Honor, Rainey insists on her Fifth Amendment right.
法官阁下 蕾妮坚持宪法修正案第五条权利
Todd Bratcher raped me, so I wrote that.
托德·布赖彻强♥奸♥了我 所以我写了那条消息
Then I must hold you in contempt.
那我必须判你藐视法庭
Sheriff, please take the witness into custody.
警长 请将证人拘留
Your Honor, my client is 18 years old.
法官阁下 我的当事人才18周岁
Young people don't see tweeting as publicizing.
年轻人不觉得推特是公开宣传
She knew exactly what she was doing.
她知道自己在做什么
This court is adjourned.
休庭
Hey, Alicia. Where are you?
艾丽西娅 你在哪
Lunch with Dylan Stack.
和迪伦·斯塔克先生共进午餐
Oh, Mr. Bitcoin. Yeah, what's he want?
比特币先生 他想要什么
I don't know. Some class action.
不知道 集体诉讼
Rainey Selwin has been held in contempt.
蕾妮·塞尔文被判藐视法庭
I need your help with Judge Parks.
我需要你帮忙搞定帕克斯法官
You... What-what happened?
你... 发生了什么
The gag order, she broke it.
她没遵守禁言令
Oh, no. That's awful.
不是吧 那就糟了
I know. Can you be here at 2:00?
我知道 你能2点到这里吗
Yes, sure. I'll-I'll head right over after this.
当然 吃完饭我立刻去
I'm so sorry.
真抱歉
Okay. Thanks.
好 谢谢
Something go wrong?
出什么事了
No, just a client who's idealistic.
不 只是遇到一位理想主义的客户
Is that a bad thing?
这不是好事吗
No, it just complicates things.
不好 只会让问题复杂
How does it complicate things?
怎么会复杂呢
Reality isn't idealistic,
现实不是理想主义
and when the two of them run into each other,
当两者相遇冲突时
only one gets hurt.
只有一个会受伤
Maybe it'll be reality this time.
也许这次是现实受伤呢
Uh, my guess is not.
我想不会
So tell me about this class action.
跟我说说这次的集体诉讼
No, no, that's not a segue.
不不 话题不能这样展开
"Speaking of idealism..."
"说到理想主义"
Now, there's a segue.
要这么展开
Do you know who Aaron Swartz is?
你知道亚伦·施瓦茨吗
The computer activist who died.
去世了的计算机界活动家
The computer activist who committed suicide
联邦检察官展开无情的诉讼运动
after an unrelenting campaign from federal prosecutors
想让他坐牢
to imprison him.
于是他自杀了
Of course.
当然
In his memory, I am attempting
为了纪念他 我打算
to organize a class action
组织一场集体诉讼
against prosecutorial overcharging.
控诉公诉过度行为
And you want us to join this class action?
你想让我们加入这次集体诉讼
Yes.
是的
I'll run it by my partners,
我会跟合伙人们提这个事
but they're not always into causes for causes' sake.
但他们通常不会因为某项事业而参与
They tend to want to see the...
他们更希望看到
Would you stop doing that?
你能别这样吗
What?
什么
Slapping your money around.
四处甩钱
Where do you get it, anyway?
你从哪来弄来的
Work.
工作
Okay, put it away.
好吧 收起来
Don't you worry
难道你不担心
that you're gonna get held up, because when...
你这一套总有不灵光的时候 因为当...
when I...
当我
When you...
当你
I will run it by my partners.
我会和合伙人商量的
With your recommendation?
你会力荐吗
With my recommendation.
我会力荐
Um, do you mind? I'll be right back. Please.
我离开一下 马上回来 请自便
Your Honor, our client has never
法官阁下 我们的客户
been in trouble with the law before.
从来没有违反过法律
She has no criminal record. That's beside the point.
她没有犯罪前科 这不是重点
She found out this morning that
她今早发现强♥奸♥自己的人
her rapist was admitted to Princeton,
获得了普林斯顿大学的录取
and she was angry.
所以她很生气
It has not been proved that he is a rapist,
还没有证实他就是强♥奸♥者
and it isn't helping your cause
另外你们一再坚持没有证据支持的事实
that you keep insisting on facts not in evidence.
这对你们并无助益
We only want to relate her passion
我们只想说明她的愤怒
and why this tweeting won't happen again.
以及为何她绝不会再犯了
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表