Why are you shaking your head, Mr. Gross?
你为什么摇头 格罗斯先生
I don't know, the usual reasons:
不知道 通常都是因为
disbelief, incredulity, disappointment.
不相信 怀疑 失望
Ah, I must be endangering the future.
那我一定是危及未来了
No, just being a bit melodramatic.
那倒不 我就是有点情绪化
So, you never tweaked the algorithm?
那你从没修改过算法吗
Chummie the Squirrel just acts on his own?
松鼠小查是自己在动吗
No, I didn't say that.
我没这么说过
But you said you couldn't impact the results.
但你说过你无法改变搜索结果
Yes, but the algorithm needs
是的 但算法几乎每天都需要
almost daily attention and, uh, revision.
进行检修与调适
I see. And why would you revise it?
我懂了 那你为什么要进行调适呢
For one thing, to avoid spam.
原因之一是 避免垃圾邮件
Spammers are constantly trying to game the search results.
垃圾邮件发送者不停地想利用搜索结果
So we adapt the algorithm to avoid that.
因此我们对算法进行调适以避免这种情况
Deena Lampard.
迪娜·兰帕德
It should only take a minute more.
应该马上就来了
I recognize you both from the trial.
我在庭审见过你俩
You work for Neil Gross's law firm?
你在尼尔·格罗斯的律所工作吗
Yes. He hates you guys.
是的 他可讨厌你们了
May I ask you... why are you here?
能否问下 你们为什么来这里
Good question.
问得好
Why are we here, Dad?
我们为什么来这里 爸爸
I'd rather wait for the lawyer.
我还是等律师来了再说
She's a lawyer, just like me.
她就是律师 跟我一样
My dad likes male lawyers.
我爸爸喜欢男律师
My daughter likes acting like I'm not in the room.
我女儿总爱把我当空气
Mr. Lampard, hello.
兰帕德先生 你好
Ms. Lampard.
兰帕德小姐
I'm David Lee, family law.
我是大卫·李 家庭法部
I see you've met Alicia and Kalinda.
看来你们已经认识艾丽西娅和凯琳达了
How may we help you today?
有什么可以帮到二位呢
Here, help yourself.
请慢用
Thank you, no.
谢谢 不用了
Uh, well, let's see.
是这样的
Uh, my daughter needs a second opinion.
我的女儿想听听不同的意见
Regarding?
关于什么
Okay. What is it?
好吧 这是什么
It's a prenup.
婚前协议
I see.
了解
And who is your daughter intending on marrying?
您女儿要嫁给谁
Neil Gross.
尼尔·格罗斯
Neil Gross, president of Chumhum?
尼尔·格罗斯 查查网的总裁吗
Yes.
是的
The ninth richest man in America. Yes.
美国第九富豪 是的
Who gave you your first opinion, Deena?
原本的意见是谁给你的 迪娜
You said you wanted a second.
既然你说想听听不同的意见
Longcraine & Church.
朗科恩&切尔奇律所
Mr. Gross's law firm.
格罗斯先生的律所
Yes, and my firm. They thought I should sign it.
是的 也就是我的律所 他们认为我应该签
Yes, of course they did.
他们当然这么想
We're middle-class people, Mr. Lee.
我们是中产阶级家庭 李先生
We don't have much money.
家境不算殷实
And Deena is paying off her student loans.
迪娜正在偿还她的学生贷款
Dad, it's not about that.
爸爸 事情重点不是这个
I know. But I want you protected.
我知道 但我希望你得到保护
Well, that's why we're here:
这正是我们的作用
to protect you.
保护你
It's a travesty.
这简直是玩弄人
If they divorce, she gets nothing
他们一旦离婚 她将一无所获
and she has to immolate herself
还得成为查查网挑选的
on an altar of Chumhum's choosing.
祭坛上的牺牲品
There's no contingency here?
没有意外条款吗
No, but she's marrying the ninth richest man in the country.
没有 但她嫁的可是美国第九富豪
We do right by her, we get the business.
我们把她伺候好 就能得到大笔业务
Gross will never bring his business here.
格罗斯绝不会把他的业务带到我们所
He's made that clear.
他早就明说了
No, her business.
不 是她的业务
We write this up correctly,
我们若帮她妥善订好这份协议
and we'll get some kind of Bill & Melinda Gates charity in her name.
就能得到盖茨夫妇慈善基金会那样的业务
She'll bring it here.
她会把这业务带过来的
Is that what she wants?
这些是她想要的吗
She's 28. She doesn't know what she wants.
她才28岁 哪知道自己要什么
She's in love.
她被爱情冲昏头了
Well, not to put too fine a point on this,
坦白说
but, time's up in bankruptcy court
破产法庭给的期限即将到了
and we're only halfway to the $60 million we need.
而我们6000万的债务只偿还了一半
If we want to argue for an extension,
如果我们想争取延期
we need to show the court some progress.
就得让法庭知道有所进展
Well, the fiancé of the ninth richest man is progress.
有个全国第九富豪的未婚妻就是进展
I'm doing my job.
我在做我分内的事
You two do yours.
你俩做好你们的
Alicia, do you mind?
艾丽西娅 能谈一下吗
Could you close the door?
能关上门吗
Why don't you go ahead and sit.
不如过来坐下说吧
If this is about the extension work, it's ready.
如果是问延期的事 已经准备好了
No, no, no, we're... we're fine.
不不不 这个我们不担心
Sorry to be so melodramatic, but, um...
很抱歉搞得这么严肃 但是
Do you want to?
你来说吗
No, go ahead.
不 你说吧
Jonas Stern, about a lifetime ago,
乔纳斯·斯特恩在世时
sat me down in a room, not unlike this one,
曾把我叫到一间屋里坐下 不是现在这样的
and offered me a cigar.
他给了我一支雪茄
I said no, of course.
我当然说不抽
But then he said the following--
然后他就说了这样一番话
Unfortunately, I can't do his voice.
很可惜我不能原音重现
Thank God.
谢天谢地
Anyway, he said,
总之 他说
"After I tell you what I'm about to tell you,
等我说完我要说的话
"I want you to go home, take your phone off the hook
我希望你回家 关掉手♥机♥
"and sit for a moment.
静静地坐一会
"And feel proud of yourself.
并为自己感到骄傲
"And then I want you to go out and get drunk.
然后我希望你出去喝个酩酊大醉
"Or do something you would never do:
或者做点自己本不可能做的事
"Buy a sports car, go sailing,
买♥♥辆跑车 去航海
go to the track."
去飙车
I did go to the track, by the way.
对了 我还真去飙车了
I went windsurfing... unsuccessfully.
我去玩冲浪了 很失败
Anyway, this moment is your moment, Alicia.
总之 这是属于你的时刻 艾丽西娅
We want you to join us as an equity partner.
希望你能加入我们成为权益合伙人
Oh, my God.
天哪
Yes, what you've done here is extraordinary.
没错 你在这里的工作非常出色
You're...
你们...
you're kidding. No.
你们开玩笑吧 不是
We want you to join the ranks of our highest echelon.
我们希望你步入律所内的最高级别
I... I don't know what to say.
我真不知道说什么好
Say you're happy.
说你很开心吧
I'm happy.
我很开心
I'm...
我...
I'm relieved.
我松了口气
You don't know what a roller coaster this has been.
这段日子真是过山车般的感觉
And for the firm as well.
对律所来说也是
Oh, I thought this would take years.
我还以为要等好几年
It's a credit to you, Alicia.
艾丽西娅 这是对你的肯定
You've been amazing here.
你在律所里的表现很出众
Anyway, think about it.
总之 考虑一下吧
No need to rush into it.
不用着急做决定
Take until the end of the week, and then say yes or no.
同意或拒绝 本周结束前答复就可以
Does anyone ever say no?
有人拒绝过吗
I don't know. I can't remember
不知道 我已经记不起上一次
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表