Yes, but it's also true that you're targeting anorexics.
对 但你们的确针对厌食者推广产品
No, dieters.
不 是节食者
And if Thief is targeting dieters,
如果"盗贼"目标是节食者
or anorexics,
或厌食者
then it doesn't matter that Bella was anorexic.
那贝拉是否厌食就无所谓了
Thief is just as liable for Bella's death.
"盗贼"对贝拉的死就是有责任
Objection. Counselor is testifying.
反对 律师在作证
No further questions, Your Honor.
没有问题了 法官阁下
All right, as I promised,
好 如我承诺
I'll be checking in with you now and then.
我会时不时来询问你们
So if I could just see by show of hands,
请各位举手示意
who do we think is winning right now?
你们认为现在哪方胜
The lawyers representing the girl who died?
去世女孩的律师
Okay.
好
What I can't understand is how you could be losing.
难以置信 你们怎么能输
It's the plaintiff's case.
这是原告的回合
We haven't presented our defense.
我们还没有提出辩护意见
This is what you should expect.
应该能预想到
No, it's not what I expect.
不 我预想的可不是这样
I expect you to use every second to defend...
我预想你们会利用每一秒钟来辩护
...damages that we might award? Yeah.
...给多少赔偿费呢 这位请说
What would I give the girl's family at this point?
该赔女孩家多少呢
I don't know, maybe $45 million.
不知道 也许4500万吧
Okay, I see a lot of heads nodding.
我看到很多人在点头
How many agree with that?
有多少人同意那个数
Are you losing this on purpose?
你们是故意输的吗
What? Do you want me to negotiate?
什么 你们想让我和解
It'll save you time in court.
这能省下你们上庭的时间
Sir, give us a chance to present our case,
先生 给我们机会展示我们的辩护
and don't judge until you hear it all.
听完前 不要下定论好吗
They had the element of surprise.
他们想要出奇制胜
Now it's our turn.
现在轮到我们了
Can you tell what they're talking about?
你能听出他们在说什么吗
Something about work.
工作的事
Is she getting fired?
她要被炒了?
No.
没
Here, go get something from the fridge.
你去冰箱拿点东西
Figure it out.
听听是什么事
It's about money.
肯定是因为钱
It's always about money with them.
他们永远都为了钱
I worked for 30 hours on Bishop.
我在毕夏普的案子上花了30小时
We're the ones doing all the work.
我们做了所有工作
Look, they said they're just delaying our partnerships, all right?
他们只是说推迟 好吗
They're not gonna go back on their word.
他们不会食言的
I say we just sit tight and wait and see what happens.
我们就静待事态发展吧
We're doing the work, - they're getting the bonuses.
我们干活 他们拿钱
No, that doesn't make any sense.
这没道理
Wait, wait, wait.
稍等 稍等
They're making this about class warfare.
他们把这搞成了阶级冲突
So what do we do?
那我们怎么办
Strike. How about a slow down?
出击 放慢工作如何
No, that would just hurt the clients, not them.
那只会伤害客户 而不是他们
All right. This is what I say we do:
好吧 我说咱们这么干
this week we meet with all our top clients.
这周 和所有顶级客户见面
Arrange lunches, drinks, meetings.
吃午饭 喝酒 开会
To do what?
干什么
To scare the partners.
吓唬合伙人们
Right. But don't say anything
对 但别跟合伙人
to the partners about these meetings.
提见面的事情
They'll hear about it from our top clients anyway.
反正他们会从客户那里听说
And what do we do at these meetings?
我们见面做什么
Meet.
就见面
Don't talk about forming a new firm,
别提想建新律所
don't talk about jumping ship,
别说想找新东家
just ask them if they're happy. That's all.
只问问他们是不是满意
We can't be accused of doing anything wrong.
我们不能被抓住把柄
We're just seeing if our clients are happy.
我们只是见见客户 问问满意度
Right. But it will scare the hell out of the partners.
对 但这足以吓死合伙人们
It'll make them think we're jumping ship
这会让他们怀疑我们要跳槽
and taking all our top clients with us.
并把顶级客户都带走
So what was that about?
你们在说什么
You guys are quitting?
你们要辞职?
No. Plotting.
不 在密谋
Why? Because we want attention from our bosses.
为什么 想吸引老板们的注意
Why?
那又为什么
Because they're taking us for granted,
因为他们待我们太随意
and we want them not to.
我们不想这样
Just don't get fired, okay, Mom?
别闹到被炒 好吗 妈妈
Okay.
好
We should do it, Alicia.
我们应该真做 艾丽西娅
Start our own firm.
开自己的律所
Cary.
凯里
What?
怎么
You bring Bishop, I bring Chumhum.
你带走毕夏普 我带走查查网
Suddenly we're the eighth largest firm in Chicago.
我们可以一跃成为芝加哥第八大律所
You don't think those two would come with us?
你觉得他俩不会跟咱们走吗
No, actually, I do think they would.
其实我觉得他们会
Then let's do it.
那我们就做吧
We say yes tonight,
今天你同意了
next week we're the eighth largest firm.
下周我们就是第八大律所了
And you're the wife of the governor.
你还是州长的妻子
And money?
钱呢
You need start-up money, or...
你需要起步资金 不然...
those clients don't even consider coming.
这些客户根本不会考虑过来
What did you have to borrow
你借了多少钱
to get your capital contribution together?
来支付认♥购♥资本
A few hundred thousand?
几十万吧
Put that together, that's a million between us,
那我们俩加起来就有上百万
that's start-up money.
那就能做起步资金了
Come on.
来吧
I'm sick of waiting on other people.
我受够伺候别人了
Having them control our fates.
受够命运被他们控制
It's no better on our own.
单干也没好到哪里去
I mean, you're still controlled by the landlord, the clients.
也依然被房♥东和客户控制着
Look at Will and Diane, they're not free.
看看威尔和戴安 他们也不自♥由♥
They're freer than us.
他们比我们自♥由♥
Waiting to see if we have to kiss partnership butt
还要等着看是不是得
for the next four years? Come on.
再花四年拍合伙人的马屁吗 拜托
Florrick, Agos & Associates.
福瑞克&艾格斯律所
Look at that, I just gave you first billing.
你看 我都把律所名首位给你了
I'll think about it.
我会考虑一下
We can change the world.
我们可以改变世界
As the general counsel of Thief,
作为"盗贼"的法律顾问
could you tell us how this beverage came to market?
能告诉我们这饮料是如何进入市场的吗
Thief has gone through the most intensive,
"盗贼"经过了最为严格的
two-year FDA process of approval.
食品药品管理局两年期的审批流程
And do you believe that Thief is safe?
你相信"盗贼"安全吗
Oh, it's more than safe.
不只是安全
It has adhered to the highest standards of safety.
它达到了安全的最高标准
Thank you. No further questions.
谢谢 没有问题了
Mr. Jaffer.
Jaffer先生
You spoke of the FDA's approval process.
你提到了食品药品管理局的审批流程
Was the approval of Thief as a food,
它认定"盗贼"是食品
or as a dietary supplement?
还是膳食补充剂
I don't understand.
我不明白
Did the FDA apply their food standards to Thief?
食品药物管理局是按照食品标准检测它吗
Oh. I see.
我明白了
No.
不
No, they, uh, considered it a supplement.
他们认为它是膳食补充剂
I see. So there were no standards for Thief to meet.
于是没有任何标准约束"盗贼"
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表