You are exactly what we need
为了说服肯尼迪大♥法♥官
to pull Justice Kennedy to our side.
你们是最佳的人选
It's not just about you anymore.
这不再只是你们两个人的事
It's about the entire gay community.
这关乎整个同性恋群体
It's about you two sacrificing
这是你们两人为了推♥翻♥
so that we can overturn DOMA.
捍卫婚姻法案而牺牲小我
What do you think?
你觉得呢
I don't think you're gonna like what I think.
我觉得你肯定不会喜欢我的想法
I can't believe it.
简直难以置信
He's a good salesman.
他是个一流的推销员
Okay, it's not over yet.
不能就此罢休
If they're not taking the plea,
如果他们不接受检方的条件
we have one option left.
那就只有一条路可走
Winning?
打赢官司
Yup.
是的
Owen. Hi.
欧文 你好
What are you doing here?
你来这里干什么
I've been subpoenaed.
我收到了法庭传票
You...
你...
I'll be outside.
我这就出去
Thanks, Cary.
谢谢你 凯里
It's Malcolm's son-- they want to question me.
是马尔科姆的儿子 他们要询问我
You talked to him about Mom cheating?
你跟他谈论过妈妈的婚外情吗
He brought up Henry the oilman.
他跟我提起了那个搞石油的亨利
I-I said I'd never met him.
我跟他说我从来没见过他
They're gonna ask you what Mom told you,
他们会问你妈妈跟你说过什么
and she told you she was cheating with Henry?
她告诉过你她跟亨利有婚外情吗
Wha-what do I do? I mean, if I tell the truth...
我该怎么办 如果我实话实说
Then Mom's perjured herself.
那就证明了妈妈作伪证
Yes, and she loses the inheritance.
是啊 而且她还会失去继承权
She loses everything.
失去所有东西
But if you lie, you're perjuring yourself.
如果你说谎 那你就会作伪证
What is that?
伪证会怎样
That's a Class 3 Felony. Two to five years.
三♥级♥重罪 可以判两到五年
You're-you're kidding me.
你不是在开玩笑吧
Damn it.
糟了
I have to get to court.
我得去出庭了
Well, um...
好吧 嗯
Okay, what-what would you do?
那你会怎么做呢
What would I do? The same thing as you.
我会怎么做 跟你一样
You tell the truth.
实话实说
So you're saying, Mr. Collegio,
克里吉欧先生 你是说
that it is a fact that Mr. Lamborne is innocent?
兰伯恩先生确实是无辜的
Yes. And how do you know this?
是的 你是怎么知道的
I'm the head I.T. guy at TaxLaunch.
我是报税网的信息技术主管
I mean, the, uh, Chief Departmental Software Officer,
我的头衔是首席部门软件官
and I know that the server went down
我知道在事发期间
during the time in question.
服务器一直宕机
Mr. Lamborne couldn't have seen or impacted
兰伯恩先生不可能看到或者干预
the fraudulent returns in question.
那些欺诈性退税申请
Thank you, sir. No further questions, Your Honor.
谢谢你 我问完了 法官阁下
Just one from me, Your Honor.
法官阁下 我只有一个问题
Mr. Collegio, in your opinion,
克里吉欧先生 在你看来
is our client, Dale Lamborne, an honest man?
我们的委托人 戴尔·兰伯恩 他诚实吗
Oh, yes, definitely.
是的 当然
I've known him for ten years.
我认识他十年了
I'd trust him with my life.
我愿意把我的性命托付给他
Thank you.
谢谢
Uh, just a few questions, Mr. Collegio.
我有几个问题 克里吉欧先生
So, Mr. Collegio,
克里吉欧先生
you know the client, Mr. Lamborne, personally?
你跟委托人兰伯恩先生私下认识
I do.
是的
Have you ever had a personal sexual...
你有没有跟他发生过性...
relationship with him? Objection, Your Honor. Beyond the scope.
关系 反对 法官阁下 超出提问范围
Your Honor, the defense, in its questioning of Mr. Collegio
法官阁下 辩方在询问克里吉欧先生
about Mr. Lamborne's honesty,
兰伯恩先生是否诚实的问题中
used him as a character witness.
把他当做了人格证人
They opened the door to my questions about personal bias.
这就允许我继续就个人偏见进行提问
You are really screwing us.
你真是在故意捣乱
Just playing long ball, ma'am.
我是放长线钓大鱼 女士
Did you hear me?
你听我说的了吗
Did I... What?
我...什么
The tap-- it had an overhear.
监听录音 里面有重音
What's an overhear?
什么重音
When the CEO hung up, after Vance hung up,
当公♥司♥总裁挂电♥话♥时 凡斯一挂电♥话♥
there were two clicks on the wiretap.
监听录音里就听到两声咔嗒声
There were two tap disconnects.
有两条监听线路分别断开连接
It's not just the feds-- there was somebody else tapping in.
不仅仅是联邦调查局 还有其他人在监听
You're talking about the two wiretaps? Yeah.
你们是说有两条线在监听录音 是啊
It's not just the feds.
不只是联邦调查局
Somebody else was investigating the CEO.
其他人也在调查这个公♥司♥总裁
Who else would be investigating Vance?
调查凡斯的还会是谁呢
My guess is State.
我猜是州检办
You need to subpoena what they have.
你得传唤他们收集的材料
They have to give it to you;
他们必须提供
you have an ongoing trial. Yeah.
你的案子正在审理中 是的
Thank you.
谢谢
I wouldn't lie to you.
我不会跟你撒谎的
You really haven't read it?
你真没读过
Well, basically what she says is that our obsession
她在那本书里说的基本内容就是
with the clitoris is unhealthy, 'cause...
我们迷恋阴蒂是不健康的 因为
Mom. Oh. Hi. I was just telling Will
妈妈 我正跟威尔介绍
about the vagina book we're reading.
我们读的那本讲阴♥道♥的书
I'm not reading it. No, it sounds interesting.
我没读 听起来挺有趣的
Well, I'll get you a copy.
那我帮你买♥♥一本
You're really not seeing anyone?
你现在真的是单身
I'm really not seeing anyone.
我确实是单身
Okay, Mom, right this way.
好了 妈妈 到这边来
Talk to you later.
等会再见
I'm getting you that book!
我会帮你买♥♥一本的
Shall we get started, Mr. Cavanaugh?
我们可以开始了吗 卡瓦诺先生
Yes, okay.
可以
My client claims he discussed an affair
我的委托人声称他跟你讨论过
between your mother and another man.
你妈妈跟另一个人的婚外情
Isn't that true?
是这样吗
No, it's not.
不 不是
You liar! Restrain your client.
你这个骗子 管好你的委托人
He's the one who lied.
说谎的人是他
He's the one who got the will amended
他想办法修改了遗嘱
so that he could cheat a poor widow out of her property.
从一个可怜的寡妇那里骗取她的财产
There were two wiretaps, Bucky.
巴奇 有两份监听录音
And that should impress me why?
这对我来说很重要吗
Your key witness, Vance Foster,
你的关键证人 凡斯·福斯特
he was being investigated by State on embezzlement charges.
州检办正在调查他挪用公♥款♥的事情
Are you involved with this?
你知道这事吗
Involved with what?
什么事啊
Keeping things from your co-counsel, Ms. Lockhart?
洛克哈特女士 有事瞒着协理律师吗
We subpoenaed a second wiretap from State.
我们传唤到了来自州检办的另一份监听录音
It gives a clearer picture of Foster.
福斯特的所作所为由此就更清楚了
He bought a yacht-- he admits it in the call with his mistress.
他在和情妇通话时承认买♥♥了一艘游艇
The yacht came from a kickback on the fraudulent tax returns.
花的就是那些欺诈性退税申请的回扣
I'll get back to you.
我会再联♥系♥你的
We're not taking a plea bargain.
我们是不会接受认罪协议的
On that we agree, Bucky.
巴奇 这点我们也同意
Drop these charges,
撤销这些指控
or we will present them in court.
否则我们就将这些证据提交法庭
You'll lose, and expose some embarrassing
你会败诉 而且还会暴露
interagency confusion.
情报机关间尴尬的混乱状态
Like I said, I'll get back to you.
我说过了 我会再联♥系♥你的
Congratulations.
恭喜
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表