to the Cook County straw poll
送到库克县民调现场
to vote for your son?
好让他们给你儿子投票
That sounds about right.
差不多就是那样
We need to poke a hole in what she heard.
我们得在她听到的内容中找到漏洞
We could impeach her as a witness.
我们可以质疑她作为证人的可靠性
How?
怎么说
Well, Jackie had a stroke last year.
杰姬去年中风了
She's had problem with her memory and orientation.
她的记忆和定位能力都出了问题
That's right. Exactly!
没错 就是这样
She's easily confused?
她很容易犯糊涂
Like a blind donkey.
跟头瞎驴似的
But she does not like it being pointed out,
但她不喜欢被人指出这点
so you have to be very careful.
所以你得非常小心
She also doesn't like me,
她也不喜欢我
'cause I cut down on her speaking schedule.
因为我削减了她的演讲次数
And the Jewish stuff?
还有那些犹太人的东西
And the Jewish stuff.
还有那些犹太人的东西
Looks expensive.
看着很贵嘛
It is.
是很贵
You don't know wine.
你又不懂红酒
You bought it 'cause you like the picture on the label.
你买♥♥它只是因为你喜欢商标上的图案
Pretty mountain.
这山很漂亮
See the wagon?
看见马车没
It's very lovely.
很可爱
Okay. I forgive you.
好吧 我原谅你
I didn't know I was apologizing. You were...
我没有在道歉啊 你就是...
in your own way.
以你自己的方式
By the way, you... you didn't get our business.
对了 你...你们没拿到我们的生意
You were cut after the first round.
你们第一轮就被淘汰了
You, uh... you want your bottle back?
你...你想要回这瓶酒吗
No. Keep it.
不用了 你留着吧
Hello, Mrs. Florrick. Hello.
你好 福瑞克夫人 你好
You testified that
你作证说
you gave a campaign speech
10月18号♥ 你在北溪市的
at the Greengate Retirement Center in Northbrook on October 18?
绿门退休中心作了竞选演说
Yes.
是的
What specifically did you talk about in this speech?
你那次演讲的具体内容是什么
Objection. Relevance.
反对 与本案无关
The alleged deal took place
这笔所谓的交易
after a speech by Mrs. Florrick.
是在福瑞克夫人的演讲之后发生的
It's all part of a whole, Your Honor.
整体不可分割 法官阁下
Yes, but the fact that Mrs. Florrick
话是这么说 但福瑞克夫人
spoke about the retirement age hardly matters.
讲的是退休年龄问题 不可能有关系
Objection, Your Honor.
反对 法官阁下
If the counselor wants to get on the stand,
如果原告律师想上证人席
I'll swear him in.
我很欢迎
Okay. You're both overruled.
好了 你们的反对都无效
You can answer, Mrs. Florrick.
你可以回答了 福瑞克夫人
I spoke on the retirement age
我谈了退休年龄
and other things.
还有其他一些事
Mrs. Florrick, you testified that after your speech
福瑞克夫人 你作证说在你的演讲之后
you participated in a conversation with
你参与了一个谈话 参与的人还有
Eli Gold and Greengate CEO Hugh Saxon?
伊莱·戈德和绿门的行政总裁休·撒克逊
If you say so.
你说就是咯
Yes...
是的...
You said this, during Mr. Perrotti's questioning.
那是你说的 在佩罗蒂先生的问讯中
Well, I-I go to so many of these events,
这种场合我去的太多了
for Peter, and, uh, they-they all
都是为彼得而去 我有时
tend to blur into each other.
会把它们相互混淆
Mrs. Florrick, are you saying
福瑞克夫人 你是说
you don't remember this meeting?
你不记得这次谈话了吗
I suffered a stroke several months ago,
几个月前 我得过一次中风
and it's left me with, uh,
留下了一些
shall we say...
可以这么说...
cognitive... issues.
认知...问题
Did you talk to her about this? No.
你跟她聊过吗 没有
Do you recall if Eli Gold was even at this event?
你记得伊莱·戈德当时是否在场吗
Objection. Asked and answered.
反对 重复问题
And the witness may have erred
证人上次作证时
in that earlier testimony. Overruled.
可能出错了 反对无效
Again, Mrs. Florrick, do you recall
再问一次 福瑞克夫人 你能记得
if Mr. Gold was present when you spoke
你在绿门退休中心演讲时
at the Greengate Retirement Center?
戈德先生是否在场吗
Ms. Tascioni...
塔肖尼女士
there are days when I can't even recall my own name.
我曾有段日子连自己的名字都不记得
Thank you. No more questions.
谢谢 没有问题了
So, why'd you do that?
你为什么那么做
It's the truth, isn't it?
那是事实 不是吗
The issue on the table
我们的问题是
is whether there is sufficient evidence to demonstrate
是否有充分证据证明
Mr. Gold arranged and agreed to a vote-bribery deal.
戈德先生安排并达成了贿选协议
I was fully convinced there was,
在福瑞克夫人坦白她的
until Mrs. Florrick's admission about her cognitive challenges.
认知问题前 我本来相信证据确凿
Which I'm afraid, Mr. Perrotti,
但佩罗蒂先生 目前情况恐怕
leaves you with only Frank Landau's testimony,
你手上只有弗兰克·朗度的证言
and that is not enough to bring to the jury.
而那不足以让陪审团介入
So we have no choice but to disqualify...
所以我们只能取消...
Your Honor, we wish to amend out complaint
法官阁下 我们想修改诉讼
and add a new coconspirator to the charge. Objection!
加入新的共谋者 反对
I know Mr. Perrotti is highly competitive and aggressive
我知道佩罗蒂先生争强好胜
and wants to assert himself,
想坚持自己的说法
but you were about to dismiss.
但您已经要驳回诉讼了
Your Honor, you previously approved our extension
法官阁下 您之前允许了
for the production of our discovery.
我们推迟公示证据的时间
We submit that the extension is still in force.
我们认为那一延长仍然有效
We ask merely for the 24 hours.
我们只需24小时
Granted.
批准
We need to talk about the Bishop case.
我们得谈谈毕夏普的案子
Oh. We'll have all the motions ready well before...
我们会准备好全部动议...
I already revised this bill. I cut the hours.
我改过账单了 削减了工时
You cut your hours.
你削减了自己的工时
You were instructed to cut the associates' hours.
给你的要求是削减律师们的工时
I thought we were trying to keep the bill down.
我以为我们是想减少账单金额
Does it make a difference where the hours come from?
减谁的工时有什么区别吗
A considerable one.
有很大区别
Clients like to see partner hours.
客户愿意看到合伙人付出时间
It reassures them.
那让他们安心
A disproportionate number of associate hours
如果全部工时中律师占的比例过大
leaves them to wonder whether their case is still a priority.
会让他们怀疑自己的案子是否依然被重视
The associates are the ones doing all the heavy lifting.
所有重担都是律师们在扛
It doesn't seem right to penalize them.
剥削他们不太好吧
They'll find other opportunities to make up the hours.
他们能找到别的机会补上
You're management now, Alicia.
艾丽西娅 你现在是管理者
You're not an associate-- stop pretending that you are.
不是普通律师 不要再假装你是了
Will the other associates grumble about you? Yes.
其他律师会抱怨你吗 会
But if you pretend you're still their peer,
但如果你再假装是他们的同伴
they will grumble all the more, and they will come to hate you.
他们会抱怨更多 还会恨你
This is not the Queen's Hamlet.
这里不是女王的小村庄
You cannot dress up as a peasant here.
你不能装出一副农夫样
So stop it.
所以别这样了
It is galling to them,
那会惹恼他们
and it is galling to me.
也会惹恼我
Did Saint Alicia sign off on the brief?
圣徒艾丽西娅签诉书了吗
I didn't get a chance to show it to her.
我还没机会给她看
She's in with Diane.
她在和戴安谈话
Any idea what they were talking about?
知道她们在说什么吗
Probably other ways to shaft us.
也许在商量其他剥削我们的办法吧
She's been the golden girl since the day she got here.
她一来这里就是万众瞩目的黄金女郎
Yeah, well, life lesson: be nicer to her,
是啊 生存法则 对她客气点
so she doesn't cut our hours on the next case.
下个案子她就不会削减我们的工时了
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表