Isn't it true that I offered to pay you for your assistance?
我是不是提议过 付钱请你来帮我
Yes, you did.
你确实提过
And did you refuse my offer? Yes.
而你拒绝了我的提议 对
Did I ever state or imply that you would be afforded
我是否声明或暗示过 因为你的帮助
preferential treatment for your help?
我会给你提供其他优先待遇
No, you did not.
不 你没有
Did I ever state or imply
我是否声明或暗示过
that you would be penalized if you refused to help me?
如果你拒绝提供帮助 我会惩罚你
No, you did not.
不 你没有
Your Honor...
法官大人
"Ma'am."
叫"女士"
Ma'am.
女士
Lockhart/Gardner...
洛克哈特&加德纳律所
has no shame
不知廉耻地
in trying to besmirch my name for their own personal gain.
试图通过玷污我的名誉来谋取私利
It goes to their...
因为他们有种不合逻辑的狂热
illogical passion for winning at all costs.
为了胜利可以不择手段
Once again, I ask that Diane Lockhart and Will Gardner
我再次要求 将戴安·洛克哈特和威尔·加德纳
be removed from their managerial positions at the firm.
从公♥司♥的管理阶层除名
I'll take your words under advisement, Mr. Hayden.
我会对你的话予以考虑 海登先生
Ingersol's not dodging the depositions
英格索尔拖延取证进程
because of the merger.
不是因为合并的事
Why then?
那是为什么
He's been seeking treatment at an experimental cancer center.
他一直在癌症研究实验中心接受治疗
He's... Since when?
他 什么时候开始的
A few months ago. The number Canning
几个月前 坎宁从这里拨出去的电♥话♥
dialed from here was a center run by Vivek Assadullah,
是打给维克·艾瑟顿开的研究中心
a cancer specialist.
他是一位癌症专家
Ingersol's battling non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
英格索尔患有非霍奇金淋巴瘤
That's not public knowledge.
这件事鲜有人知啊
No, it's not.
是的
Thanks, Kalinda. Is Alicia there?
谢谢你 凯琳达 艾丽西娅在吗
Sure. Alicia.
在 艾丽西娅
Yeah?
喂
Use it. They don't want it to come out before the merger.
这消息要利用 在合并前爆出来对他们不利
I know. I'm on it.
我知道 我去办
What the hell?
什么情况
Oh, no. Ms. Scott-Carr, do you have an appointment?
不是吧 斯科特-卡尔小姐 你有预约吗
No. We're here to confiscate Eli Gold's files.
不 我们是来查收伊莱·戈德的文件
He operated his crisis management firm out of these offices,
他的危机管理业务是在你们的律所里操作的
which makes Lockhart/Gardner
也就是说洛克哈特&加德纳律所
open to investigation as well.
也有可能接受检查
That is bizarrely tenuous.
这个理由太站不住脚了
And yet, supported by the judge.
这一决定 受法官支持
Thank you...
谢谢
for the warning shot.
你的鸣枪警告
It gave me time to acquire the warrant.
正好给了我时间申请搜查令
This investigation is so hypocritical.
你的调查真虚伪
Okay, the files in here first.
好的 先从这里的文件开始
Don't worry. He's coming.
别担心 他会来的
He's just... a few minutes late.
他只是 会迟到一会
O ye of little faith.
你这小信的人哪(语出旧约马太福音)
Good afternoon, Mr. Ingersol,
下午好 英格索尔先生
and welcome back. Thank you.
欢迎回来 谢谢
How are you feeling today?
你今天怎么样
Good. Why?
很好啊 怎么了
Just a pleasantry.
寒暄一下而已
Well... thank you.
是吗 谢谢
I'm good.
我很好
Good. Why don't we pick up where we left off.
好的 那我们继续上次未完的谈话吧
Did you see this letter
你有没有看过这封
that was written by the residents of the community,
来自邻居们的信
complaining about the state of the five foreclosed homes
信里投诉那五栋法拍屋及其游泳池
and their swimming pools?
管理不善
I, uh, did not.
我 没看过
You see it's addressed to you?
这封信确实是寄给你的
I do.
是的
If I read every letter addressed to me,
但是如果每一封寄给我的信我都看完
I wouldn't have time to... shave or sleep.
我根本没时间 洗漱或睡觉
So that answers that, Alicia.
所以这就是答案了 艾丽西娅
Any other questions?
还有别的问题吗
Mr. Ingersol, are you aware
英格索尔先生 你知道吗
that it is an SEC violation to withhold an illness
向股东隐瞒病情
from shareholders?
是违反证交会的规定的
Objection. Relevance.
反对 与本案无关
Your objection has been noted.
你的反对我已知道
Are you aware that it is an SEC violation?
你是否知道这是违反证交会规定的
Yes, but I'm not sure what this has to do with your lawsuit.
我知道 但是我不知道这跟本案有什么关系
It has to do with your intent to delay, Mr. Ingersol.
跟你意欲拖延有关 英格索尔先生
Atlantic Commerce is a publicly held company.
亚特兰大商业银行是个上市公♥司♥
The shareholders have a right to know if the leader
股东有权知道
is facing a critical illness.
领导者患有重病
And according to his profile,
根据档案
Dr. Vivek Assadullah is a specialist
维克·艾瑟顿医生是一名
who conducts experimental treatments
治疗非霍奇金淋巴瘤的
for nonHodgkin lymphoma. Objection.
研究专家 反对
This is beneath you, Alicia.
这手段太低级了 不是你的做派
No, unfortunately, it's not.
不 很不幸 你高估我了
The emergency you were dealing with, Mr. Ingersol, was...
英格索尔先生 你面临的紧急情况是
Uh, Ms. Court Reporter,
法庭记录员女士
do you mind stepping out for a moment, please?
你能不能让我们私下聊聊
My name is Mika.
我叫米卡
So sorry. Mika. Of course.
很抱歉 米卡 谢谢
You were being treated for non-Hodgkin lymphoma,
你一直在接受非霍奇金淋巴瘤的治疗
and you didn't want this knowledge made public
而你不愿将这个消息公之于众
before your merger with Corsica Pacific.
因为你要跟科西嘉太平洋公♥司♥合并
This does not have to go on the record, Mr. Ingersol.
这一事实我们可以不记录 英格索尔先生
We have been trying for weeks now
我们已经连续几周
to negotiate with Mr. Canning.
试图跟坎宁先生进行谈判
And if you approve this settlement of $15 million,
如果你同意支付1500万和解费
the questioning can end right here.
这件事绝对不会泄露出去
Uh, one second, Eli.
稍等一下 伊莱
Alicia?
艾丽西娅怎样
Yes. $12 million.
是的 1200万
$3 million to us.
300万是我们的
Uh, good. I'll be right there. Yeah.
好的 我马上过去 好
As I was saying, Eli, unfortunately,
就像我说过的那样 伊莱 很不幸
this changes everything.
这样一来 情况就急转直下
Wendy's doing this so you can't be my lawyer.
温迪这样做 就是不想你们做我的律师
I know. But now that we're part of this...
我知道 不过既然我们已经被卷入
probe into your practices,
针对你竞选活动的调查
we are precluded from representing you.
我们就不能再代理你了
We have a list of potential attorneys.
我们认识一些你可以考虑的律师
I've called the top three.
我已经联♥系♥了最强的三个
All are ready for your call.
都等你电♥话♥呢
And so it goes,
然后就开始了
the endless cycle of Chicago investigations.
没完没了 周而复始的芝加哥式调查
Hey, guys. Do you know when the old man is coming back?
知不知道那个老男人什么时候回来
Eli. There you are.
伊莱 你在这啊
Let's talk about debate prep.
来谈谈准备辩论的事
Let's. Maddie Hayward is putting all her time into prep.
好啊 玛蒂·海沃德一直在准备
That's when she really wants to make her mark.
她想利用这次机会大赚人气
And I looked at the schedule, and you...
我看了一下时间表 你
you barely have Peter down.
根本没给彼特排出时间
We received a settlement offer today for $12 million.
我们今天接到了一个1200万和解的邀请
And just today, Encinal Equity
而就在今天 橡树资产
completed their purchase of Lockhart/Gardner debt.
购入了洛克哈特&加德纳律所的债务
They are invested in our financial health,
他们对我们的财政有信心 愿对我们投资
and we intend to honor that commitment.
我们绝不会辜负这份信任
Mr. Hayden,
海登先生
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表