There is a chance this all could be a bluff.
这可能只是她在吓唬我们
But do you have any way of checking if you were...
但是你有没办法可以查到
if there was a hotel stay?
你那天是否在酒店
Is she going to press with this? She hopes to.
她想把这个公布于众吗 她想要
And I hope to stop her. Can you?
我想阻止她 你可以吗
I don't know.
我不知道
She likes to think of herself as a responsible journalist.
她觉得自己是个有责任感的记者
The good news is, responsible journalists are the easiest to co-opt.
好消息是有责任感的记者很容易被收服
Are you still seeing him?
你还在和他交往吗
Let me put it this way:
我这么说吧
if you are still seeing...
如果你还在和威尔
Will...
交往
you need to stop,
你最好
for a time.
停止一阵
This magazine has been known to follow people.
这本杂♥志♥出了名会跟踪的
I'm not seeing him.
我们的关系结束了
Good.
好的
Can I ask you when this stopped?
我可以问是什么时候结束的吗
No.
不行
Yeah? It's me.
你好 是我
Where are you? Don't you come to work anymore?
你在哪 你不来工作了吗
What do you need, Eli?
伊莱 你需要什么
Your help. And first of all,
你的帮助 首先
let me say it's not what you think--
我想说 这不是你想的
it's only tangentially about the campaign.
这跟竞选活动不太相关
I'm not helping Peter.
我不会帮彼得的
It's not about--
不是关于
Who's Peter?
谁是彼得
Someone.
某人
You have a lot of someones in your life.
你生活中出现的某人还真多
Yeah.
是呀
I want one of your omelets.
我想要个煎蛋卷
Hey, Bill wants to come over
比尔想要过来
to say hi.
打声招呼
You know, he doesn't blame you anymore.
他不再怪你了
He's getting the cast off, and...
他要拆石膏了
I was just thinking that...
我在想
Right.
好吧
So that's how we're gonna play it, is it?
我们就非得这样 对吧
How's that?
这样怎么样
Yeah, that's better.
对 这就好多了
You know, you have a strange idea...
你现在是有点搞不清
of how things work now.
家里的规矩了
I'm the husband
我是丈夫
and you're the wife.
你是妻子
Yeah.
对
And this isn't your home anymore.
并且这不再是你的家了
Clean it up.
擦干净
Thomas Giles.
托马斯·贾尔斯
I work as a search engine optimizer.
我的工作是搜索引擎优化师
And what is that?
那是什么
Ms. Walsh, I know what a search engine optimizer is.
沃尔什女士 我知道搜索引擎优化师是什么
Thank you, Your Honor. Of course.
谢谢 法官阁下 您当然知道
When you offer your services, Mr. Giles,
当你提供服务的时候 贾尔斯先生
what is it that you guarantee?
你做出了什么保证
To get my clients onto
让我的当事人跻身
the first page of a Chumhum search engine result.
查查网搜索引擎结果的首页
I see. And did the plaintiffs hire you to do...
明白了 原告是否雇用你来...
Objection, Your Honor. Relevance.
反对 法官阁下 与本案无关
This is a preliminary hearing to discuss
这次预审讨论的是
the subpoena of Chumhum's algorithm.
对查查网算法的传讯问题
Yes, but the question of damages must be established
对 但是损害赔偿的问题必须在
before the question of a subpoena.
传讯问题之前确定
How many witnesses do you intend?
你要请几位证人
To establish the absence of damages? Two.
来证明无需支付损害赔偿吗 两位
I will allow.
允许
And did the plaintiffs hire you
原告是否雇用你
to get their product on the first page of a Chumhum search?
来帮助他们的产品登上查查网搜索首页
Yes. In other words, the plaintiffs hired you
是 换言之 原告雇你
to "game" the system. Objection!
去愚弄系统吗 反对
And the Chumhum algorithm just countered that gaming... Objection.
查查网算法只是抵♥制♥你的花招 反对
Overruled. Thank you, Your Honor.
反对无效 谢谢您 法官阁下
Miss Holmes, where do you work?
福尔摩斯小姐 你在哪工作
In Chumhum's advertising department.
查查网广♥告♥部
You're the evil advertiser who approached the plaintiffs
你就是与原告进行网上广♥告♥接洽的
about an online ad?
邪恶广♥告♥专员吗
Well, I hope not evil, but yes.
不邪恶吧 对 是我
And they turned you down. Yes.
他们回绝了你 对
Unfortunately, it happens.
很不幸 常有的事
So you immediately told Mr. Gross,
所以你就立即告诉格罗斯先生
so that he could meddle with the algorithm and get back at them?
以便他变更算法报复他们吗
No. You didn't? Really?
没有 没有 真的吗
Because that just seems like the sensible next step.
这看似就是顺理成章的下一步嘛
Objection. Withdrawn.
反对 我收回
What did you do next, Miss Holmes?
你接下来做了什么 福尔摩斯小姐
Well, after they said no, I went on vacation.
他们回绝后 我就去度假了
You did? For how long? Two weeks.
是吗 去了多久 两个星期
And did you tell anyone at Chumhum about the plaintiff's ad rejection?
你有没有告诉查查网的人原告拒绝了广♥告♥
Before vacation? No.
度假前吗 没有
It was bad news.
这是个坏消息
I usually hold off on bad news.
我通常都拖延着不说
So, just so I'm clear,
为求明确
you never told anyone...
你从没告诉任何人...
I get it, Ms. Walsh.
我明白了 沃尔什女士
Any change in the algorithm
算法中的任何改变
couldn't have come from the advertising department
都不可能来自广♥告♥部
because Miss Holmes was on vacation.
因为福尔摩斯小姐在度假
Do you have any documentation to that effect?
你有这事的证明文件吗
Of course, Your Honor.
有 法官阁下
You're on it? Yeah. How long have I got?
你去查? 对 我有多长时间
We're back in court tomorrow.
我们明天开庭
There's got to be someone
这个销♥售♥代表一定
this advertising rep told before her vacation.
在度假前告诉了别人
We got this?
你来调查
Were we together on September 30 last year?
去年9月30日我们在一起吗
Together?
在一起?
I don't know. Why?
不知道 为什么这么问
At a hotel?
在一家酒店
Maybe. I don't know.
可能吧 我不知道
But you paid. I don't remember,
但你付了钱 我不记得了
was it that hotel downtown, the Fairmont? I can look.
是市区的费尔蒙特酒店吗 我可以查查
Thanks.
谢谢
Mandy Post says she has a copy of the receipt.
曼蒂·珀斯特说她有收据的复印件
I don't see how she could.
我想不出她怎么拿到的
Well, Eli needs something to...
伊莱需要点东西去...
refute her.
驳倒她
She's gonna print it?
她要让这件事见报吗
Eli's having a meeting with her tonight to convince her not to.
伊莱今晚要和她见面说服她别这么做
I'll look right away.
我马上就查
You okay?
你还好吧
I don't know.
不知道
I feel cursed.
我觉得自己被诅咒了
Will...
威尔
I like you,
我喜欢你
and that's why I'm giving you a chance to save face.
所以我才给你个机会保住颜面
We're upping our offer 20%.
我们的报价提高20%
You want a divorce?!
你想离婚是吗
You got it!
离就离
We want this over.
我们想结束这一切
We're offering $160,000.
我们报价16万
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表