is a blurring of the lines between soldiers and contract workers.
军人和合同雇工之间的界限模糊不清
Mr. Waters is being deployed to a military base
沃特斯将被派往一个
that is directly in the line of fire,
位于前线的军事基地
which is why he is granted
因此他和其他军人一样
the same protections from liability as every other soldier.
拥有同样的责任豁免的保护
In fact, Your Honor,
事实上 法官阁下
it's exactly on the same point of law
同类型的法律案件
that most rulings to the contrary have been overturned on appeal.
大多数支持控方的裁决都会在上诉中被推♥翻♥
Oh, come on! You'd be more subtle
少来了 发死亡威胁给法官
if you sent the judge a death threat...
都没有你这么直白
Your Honor... Mrs. Florrick, please.
法官阁下... 福瑞克夫人 且慢
Before I rule, I would like to hear evidence on
在裁决之前 我想听一下马氏跟军方
how closely aligned Martinel is with the military.
关系到底有多密切的证据
Your honor, we only have a 48-hour window here.
法官阁下 我们只有48小时可用
I understand that. We can do a lot in 48 hours.
我理解 但48小时可以做很多事了
If it's true that Mr. Waters is subject to the military hierarchy,
如果沃特斯先生真的隶属军方
I will conclude that he and Martinel are immune to lawsuit.
我将会裁决他和马氏在本案中有豁免权
You're good.
你很厉害
I've had practice.
经验而已
Take a compliment.
接受赞美吧
Thank you.
谢谢你
Let's win this.
我们赢下这案
So I get the fluff piece
所以我得到没价值的信息
and Mandy Post gets the real story?
而曼蒂·珀斯特得到真的故事?
The false story.
故事是假的
Yeah. Why am I here, Eli?
行 我来这里是为了什么 伊莱
What do you know about Mandy Post?
关于曼蒂·珀斯特你了解多少
What do I want to know about Mandy Post?
关于曼蒂·珀斯特我应该了解什么
She had a cousin in Illinois
她有个表亲在伊利诺斯州
going through a nasty divorce. Four years ago.
四年前离婚 闹得很不好看
The wife accused him
他妻子告他
of molesting one of their children.
猥亵他们的某个孩子
Okay...
好吧...
Mandy's cousin denied he was a molester, of course,
曼蒂的表亲当然否认这事
but the victim, a sweet nine-year-old girl...
但受害人 一个可爱的9岁女孩...
testified against her father,
作证指控她的父亲
and he was convicted.
于是他被定罪了
Eli, are we gossiping here, or are we working?
伊莱 我们是来工作的 还是聊八卦的
He's in prison now.
他现在在监狱
Mandy's cousin.
曼蒂的表亲
12 years.
被判12年
Guess who prosecuted him.
你猜是谁起诉的
Peter Florrick.
彼得·福瑞克
Not for attribution.
不能录音
So you're saying that my competitor, Mandy Post,
你是说我的对手 曼蒂·珀斯特
wrote a story about Peter Florrick's sex life
写了篇关于彼得·福瑞克的性生活的文章
as payback for prosecuting her cousin?
作为对他起诉自己表亲的报复
I'm saying it's an interesting observation.
我只是说这是个有趣的情况
Florrick was the prosecutor? In a sense.
福瑞克是公诉人 可以这么说
He was the State's Attorney at the time.
他当时是州检察官
What? Same difference.
怎么了 反正差不多
No. It's not.
当然是不同的
Well, that's where you come in.
你就从这里入手
You know, journalism.
你懂的 新闻嘛
You lost the Florrick affair story to Mandy Post.
你在福瑞克绯闻事件上输给了曼蒂·珀斯特
What's the consolation prize?
那要拿什么来回敬呢
Showing Mandy had a hidden motive?
说明曼蒂另有动机如何
Peter?
彼得
Mom, Mom. Just one minute, okay?
妈妈 稍等一下 好吗
I'm fine. I'm always just fine.
没关系 我挺好的
Hey. Yeah, it's me.
嘿 是我
I just wanted to warn you...
我只是想提醒你
the story's coming out.
故事要登报了
And you may be questioned about it.
也许会有人问你相关的问题
Is it bad?
说得很难听吗
It's pretty bad.
非常难听
They say you approved.
他们说这是经你允许的
That we have an open marriage.
说我们是开放式婚姻
Have you heard anything from Maddie?
曼蒂有联♥系♥过你吗
No, but I don't expect to.
没 我觉得她不会联♥系♥我
You must be hurting on the money front.
你在资金方面会受挫吧
No, we're okay.
没有 我们还好
For now.
目前还好
You know, these things always come around, so...
这些事总会发生 所以...
I don't want to. Please calm down, Mrs. Florrick.
我不想 请冷静一下 福瑞克夫人
No, I'm not gonna calm down!
不 我不要冷静
Um, just one more quick thing.
还有件小事
Jackie is firing another caretaker.
杰姬又在开除护工
Have you got any other references I can...
你还有其他可以考虑的...
Sorry, no.
抱歉 没有
Hey, is it a woman? The one she's firing?
那是个女的吗 她开除的
Yeah. Why?
是啊 怎么了
Try a man.
找个男的试试
Really? Just a hunch.
真的 只是第六感
Ask the hospital if they have any men.
问问医院有没有男的
Okay, I will, thanks.
好 我问问 谢谢
Quit, quit!
走 走
Now go now, just go.
现在就走 走
Go. Go.
走 走
Everything all right?
一切都还好吗
I don't know.
我不知道
But I have given up on caring.
但我不关心了
Ryan Hood. I am founder and
瑞安·胡德 我是马氏保安公♥司♥的
chief executive officer of Martinel Security.
创立者和首席执行官
And you have been contracting to the U.S. Military for how long?
你和美国♥军♥方合作多久了
Well, since the beginning.
从公♥司♥建立开始至今
We were there in Iraq. We're there in Afghanistan.
伊♥拉♥克♥和阿富汗的战争我们都有参与
Ooh, how nice for you.
真厉害
Mr. Hood, let's discuss your role in these war zones.
胡德先生 谈一下你们在这些战争中的角色
You not only provide support for the military,
你们不仅为军方提供支援
you essentially fight alongside them.
还是重要的参战力量
Essentially.
确实重要
The American military is understaffed.
美国♥军♥方人员不足
There aren't enough personnel to fill all the combat needs.
人员数量无法满足战争需要
That's why Martinel, Blackwater
所以由马氏和黑水公♥司♥
and now Academi fill the gaps.
现名阿卡德米公♥司♥来补足空缺
But in the field, your employees
在战场上 你的雇员
answer to the military hierarchy?
要遵守军方的制度
Yes.
对
Without the chain of command, there would be anarchy.
没有指令系统 会出现混乱
So these-these lawsuits,
所以 这些...这些诉讼
these subpoenas,
这些传票
they have a tendency to complicate the pursuit of national interests.
有将追求国家利益的行为复杂化的倾向
Definitely.
绝对有
Take, for example, this subpoena of the witness, Ricky Waters...
比如 对证人瑞奇·沃特斯的传唤
The attempted rapist, Ricky Waters.
是强♥奸♥未遂犯 瑞奇·沃特斯
Excuse me, Your Honor.
抱歉 法官阁下
That is uncalled for.
这种指控是无理的
Yes, Mrs. Florrick, please refrain.
同意 福瑞克夫人 请克制一点
The witness, Ricky Waters,
证人瑞奇·沃特斯
trains soldiers in counter-insurgency techniques.
是训练士兵反叛乱技巧的人
If he isn't in Afghanistan, American lives will be endangered.
如果他没有去阿富汗 美军会伤亡惨重
Thank you, Mr. Hood. Your witness.
谢谢 胡德先生 该你了
Good morning, Mr. Hood.
早上好 胡德先生
Or, I'm sorry, what rank would you like to be referred to?
抱歉 你比较喜欢被称以什么军衔
Come on, counselor.
拜托 控方律师
This man is a CEO of a privately-held firm.
他是私营公♥司♥的首席执行官
He admits that. Not saying he's a general.
他已经说过了 他没说自己是将军
Bucky, please sit down.
巴奇 请坐下
Mrs. Florrick, I think I get your general point.
福瑞克夫人 我大概知道你的用意
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表