I thought we wanted to stay away from drugs.
我还以为我们想避免涉及毒品案件
Ideally.
那是理想状态
But we're in a tough time.
我们正处在艰难时期
If we don't go after Cutner & Paradini's business,
若我们不抢卡特·帕拉迪尼的活儿
they'll come after ours. Okay.
他们就会来抢我们的 好吧
We'll stay in touch.
保持联络
A possible client?
潜在客户?
Yes.
是的
A drug dealer.
一个大毒枭
We've always resisted his illegal business until now.
在此之前我们一直抗拒他的非法生意
Why? Drugs are tricky.
为什么 毒品案件很棘手
You're more in the public eye.
更引公众瞩目
You're on the cops' radar.
招来警♥察♥关注
And your other clients might leave.
还可能因此丢掉其他客户
No. Money respects money.
不 赚钱是王道
Even more so in a bad economy.
经济衰落时更是如此
Yep. No, she's out. What do you need, Eli?
是 她出去了 你需要什么 伊莱
I need a...
我要一个...
uh, when does Diane get back?
戴安何时回来
Not till tonight. What's the problem?
得晚上吧 发生什么事了
I need you to call a blogger
我需要你给一个博客写手打个电♥话♥
and intimidate him with a cease-and-desist order.
拿禁止令吓唬他一下
Cease and desist from what?
禁止他做什么
Well, I...
我...
a story we don't want out.
一个我们不想发布的报道
What story?
什么报道
Eli, I can't do it unless you tell me the story.
伊莱 你不告诉我的话 我可办不到
Peter slept with a campaign worker.
彼得和一个竞选工作人员上♥床♥的报道
It's not true.
这不是真的
And a national news magazine decided not to print the story,
一家国内新闻杂♥志♥决定不发这个报道了
but now this blogger... Jimmy V.,
但现在这个博客写手...杰米·威
wants to do a post about them not printing the story.
想发文说杂♥志♥扣下了这篇报道
Okay. What's his number?
好的 他的电♥话♥是多少
Uh, hold on.
稍等
Diane and Alicia are trying to get a hold of you.
戴安和艾丽西娅找你
All right. I'll give them a call.
好的 我会打给她们
This is Alicia Florrick. Please leave a message.
我是艾丽西娅·福瑞克 请留言
Kalinda.
凯琳达
I need you in this.
我这儿需要你
In what?
什么事
It's the tow truck thing.
拖车公♥司♥的事
This-this guy clearly doesn't get the concept of a weekend.
这个家伙显然搞不懂何谓周末
He's been asking about you to try and find out about your vetting.
他一直要找你 想了解你的调查情况
Um, Cary...
凯里
What?
怎么
Nothing. Let's... let's do it.
没事 我们...我们进去吧
Kalinda, this is Nick Saverese.
凯琳达 这是尼克·赛弗里斯
Hi. And Gavin Wells.
你好 这是盖文·威尔斯
So you're the one who vetted me.
这么说调查我的人就是你了
I am.
正是
Kalinda...
凯琳达
May I... call you Kalinda?
我可以...叫你凯琳达吗
Of course.
当然
So, Kalinda...
那么 凯琳达...
He wants me to split this deal with him 50-50
他希望这笔生意我俩五五分
and I was just wondering, well, what do you think to that?
我在想 不知你的看法如何
It's not a deal till you win the bid.
你要中了标才有这笔生意
And you don't win the government bid without me.
而少了我 你就中不了政♥府♥的标
Yeah, but...
是的 但是...
you're not doing anything, are you?
你什么也不用做 不是吗
I'm putting up the trucks, the drivers.
是我组织拖车队 安排司机
What are you doing?
你做了什么
Being black.
你光有个黑人身份
Well, he helps you with your, uh, your criminal past.
他替你掩饰你的犯罪历史
That's what he contributes.
这就是他的功劳
She's right.
她说的对
With your past felony conviction,
你曾被判重罪
I'm the only reason you're in the game bidding at all.
要不是我 你根本没机会参加投标
Yeah.
是的
Just let me see if I got this.
你看我这么理解对不对
You think I should move my business to Chicago
你认为我应该把生意转到芝加哥
and incorporate with him?
与他合作?
Hi, uh...
喂
Would you just hold on one sec?
你能稍等一会儿吗
Mr. Sav... Savre...
塞...赛弗...先生
Okay, just call me Nick.
叫我尼克就行
Nick.
尼克
Um, you came to us to vet your options,
你找我们核查你的选择
and we did.
我们照做了
We suggested Mr. Wells, a highly respected businessman
我们推荐威尔斯先生 一位颇有名望的商人
who, due to his status as a minority-owned business
能以其少数民族公♥司♥的身份
offers you an advantage in the bidding process.
为你在竞标中提供优势
That's all.
就是这样
Beyond that, um...
除此之外
you can do what you want.
你想怎么做都行
Please excuse me.
抱歉 失陪了
Welcome to Chicago.
欢迎来到芝加哥
Now pay up.
现在付钱吧
Good. I'll, uh, I'll check with the accountant's wife,
好的 我会调查那个会计的妻子
see what she knows.
看看她对此有何了解
No, he's just being a nuisance.
没有 他只是招人烦
Oh, by the way...
对了
I didn't tell Cary that he was my husband.
我没告诉凯里他是我丈夫
It's just... complicated.
这情况...有些复杂
Okay.
好的
I'm heading out now.
我立刻出发
So I'm being a nuisance, am I?
这么说 我招你烦了是吗
Yeah, you are.
没错
Who was that on the phone?
你刚才跟谁讲电♥话♥
Your lesbian girlfriend?
你那个同性恋女友吗
Lana the lesbian Fed.
女同性恋联邦调查员拉娜
Do you know they charge you every time you come here?
你知道你每次来他们都算钱吗
Cary gets $400 an hour, and I get $175.
凯里每小时拿400美元 我拿175
Wouldn't it be cheaper if you just gave me a call?
你直接打电♥话♥给我不是更划算吗
So your lesbian girlfriend.
话说 你的同性恋女友
She knows that you're married?
她知道你结婚了吗
She's okay with that?
她对此没有意见吗
Nick...
尼克
I have to get to work.
我要去工作了
Come on, you know me.
别这样 你了解我
I-I don't mind you working.
我不介意你去工作
You know, I'm-I'm open-minded that way,
你知道我很开明的
but... I don't know.
但 我不知道
I do mind you sleeping with other women.
我还是介意你跟其他女人上♥床♥
I mean, call me old-fashioned.
你说我老古董也好
You're such an idiot.
你真是个傻瓜
That wasn't even Lana on the phone.
电♥话♥里根本不是拉娜
It was work.
是工作的电♥话♥
Your voice on that phone was not work.
你打电♥话♥时的声音可不像是在工作
Kalinda.
凯琳达
Everything all right?
没事吧
Yeah.
没事
Yeah, it is. Sorry.
没事 抱歉
We're just having a bit of a disagreement.
我们只是有一点小争执
Kalinda here says that you're $400 an hour,
凯琳达说你400美金一小时
and I say you're $450.
我说是450美金
And, uh, I don't know.
我也不知道
Which one is it?
到底是哪个呢
I don't know. I don't read the bills.
不知道 我不看账单
Kalinda, you good?
凯琳达 你还好吧
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表