And does this abandoned pool
这个废弃的游泳池
belong to one of your foreclosed properties?
是否属于你们持有的法拍屋之一
It belongs to one of the properties
这游泳池属于一位
where the householder could not repay his loan.
未能按期还贷的业主的房♥屋
And therefore, we exercised our prerogative
因此 银行作为止赎权的权利人
as the bank holding the lease to foreclose.
我们行使了自己的权利
And this pool at 233 Graham Court...
这个位于格雷汉姆苑233号♥的游泳池...
Can I interrupt here?
我能打断一下吗
It would save us all a lot of time to just stipulate
为了节约大家的时间
that the five swimming pools are part
就直说那五个泳池都属于
of the foreclosure package exercised
亚特兰大商业银行的
by the Atlantic Commerce Bank.
法拍屋吧
Good. If you stipulate to that,
好 既然你明确了这一点
it will save us time.
那大家都省时间了
I'll be right back.
我失陪一会
You okay, Kaley?
你自己呆着 没事吧 凯莉
Yeah. Thank you, Mr. Gardner.
我很好 谢谢你 加德纳先生
How's it going?
进行得怎么样
Pulling teeth.
剑拔弩张
What's that?
这是什么东西
Notice of mediation.
调解通知书
For?
给谁的
Both of us. Wednesday.
我们俩 星期三
Why?
什么事由
The bankruptcy.
破产
We have another five weeks.
我们还有五周时间
I know. We need 60 million by February.
我知道 我们在二月前要筹足6千万
And yet, one of our creditors
但是我们的债权人之一
wants a mediation on our progress.
希望对我们的还款进度进行一次调解
Which one? I don't know.
哪一个 不知道
Check with Clarke.
问问克拉克
If we're being called on the carpet, he is, too.
既然我们被法官召见了 他也跑不了
Hmm. Wouldn't hurt to go in with the 15 million
不妨将亚特兰大商业银行的
from Atlantic Commerce.
1500万作为突破口
We went down to 13.
我们降到了1300万
It would be nice to
和解金额
keep that settlement above ten.
最好高于1000万
I'm doing my best.
我全力以赴
Counsel, please tell your client to stop evading and answer.
律师 请叫你的委托人正面回答问题
Yes, after you rephrase.
可以 你先换个问法
Very simply, sir, you foreclosed on these...
简单地说 先生 你收回了这些...
The homeowners neglected to pay.
业主未能按期还贷
You left these homes abandoned, you left these pools...
你将这些房♥产弃之不理 将这些泳池...
We did nothing. These pools?
我们什么也没做 你说这些泳池
No, sir. After you kicked the homeowners out,
没错 先生 当你们将业主撵出去后
you did nothing with the swimming pools.
你们未对泳池进行任何处理
You let the water stagnate.
任由其积满死水
The water was stagnant already.
泳池本来就积满了水
And that water drew mosquitoes. These mosquitoes, to be exact.
积水滋生蚊虫 确切地说是滋生这类蚊子
And those mosquitoes carried West Nile virus to my client,
这类蚊子将西尼罗河病毒传染给了我的委托人
Kaley Spence. Oh, come on.
凯莉·斯本司 得了吧
Palsgraf v. Long Island Railroad.
根据帕斯格拉芙诉长岛铁路案
There is no way that Mr. Millam and his bank
米兰姆先生及其银行不可能
could know of this proximate cause.
预见到这种近因
Good, then let your client testify to that.
好吧 那就让你的委托人就此作证
Because what I have here is a warning from the CDC
因为我这份来自疾控中心的警告
mentioning your pools as the culprit.
提到你的泳池就是肇事者
We were not aware of that. "We"?
我们之前没听说过 我们吗
Are we speaking for the whole bank here?
你现在是代表整个银行吗
I was not aware of that. Well, were you aware
我之前不知道 那你是否知道
of this letter of complaint written
这封包括斯本司夫人等邻居
by the neighbors, including Mrs. Spence,
联名提出的投诉信
about the declining conditions of the foreclosed homes,
内容是关于法拍屋日益恶化的卫生状况
including the pools?
包括游泳池
No. I was not aware of it.
不 我不知道
You can see it was not addressed to me.
你看这不是写给我的
Yes. It was addressed to your bank president, Wilkes Ingersol.
没错 这是写给你们银行的行长 威克斯·英格索尔
Luckily, that's who we're deposing next.
幸运的是 我们的下个取证对象就是他
It's up to you now, Alicia.
现在看你的了 艾丽西娅
They sent it up the line to the bank president.
他们将线索引向了银行行长
I'm supposed to depose him in ten minutes.
我十分钟后就要开始对他取证
How's Minnesota?
明尼苏达怎么样
Quiet.
很安静
Ask the president if he ever saw the letter
问问行长是否见过
from the homeowners. If he lies, we got them.
业主的投诉信 如果他撒谎 我们就逮个正着
They don't know we have the notes
他们不知道我们掌握了
from the bank's quarterly meeting.
银行季度会议的记录
Get his backtracking on record, and we win.
把他不承认见过投诉信的说法记录下来 我们就赢了
Okay. I'll call you back in a few hours.
好的 过几个小时我再联♥系♥你们
Wow, look who's here.
瞧瞧谁来了
Everywhere I turn.
你真是无处不在
Alicia. What a pleasant surprise.
艾丽西娅 见到你真是惊喜
How's bankruptcy going?
破产的事怎么样了
That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
杀不死我们的反而使我们更强大
Yeah, well, then you're gonna be pretty strong.
这样啊 那你们会非常强大
So, where are we?
我们去哪里
Uh, the business center.
商务中心
They got a business center here?
他们这里居然有商务中心
For the record, I want to restate our agreement.
我先声明 重申一下我们的协议
Mr. Ingersol's a busy man, and he can only offer you
英格索尔非常繁忙 他只能给你三小时
three hours for your deposition.
进行取证
After that, he has to get back to his ranch.
三小时后 他得回农场去
For his vacation?
去度假吗
His working vacation.
他工作度假两不误
Chopping wood? Milking cows?
伐木? 挤奶?
It's hard work.
那都是重活
So, we're in agreement, Mrs. Florrick, about three hours?
福瑞克夫人 三小时我们说好了吧
If it's a true three hours, yes.
只要是实实在在的三小时 没错
And if you're in agreement to have the judge
如果你同意直接连线法官
on call so that she can immediately
那她就能立即裁定
settle any and all objections.
任何反对意见
Yes, of course.
当然同意
Are you getting cell phone coverage here?
你的手♥机♥在这里有信♥号♥♥吗
If I stand on my bed and put my arms over my head.
如果我站到床上把手举过头顶就有
Okay, we're ready.
好吧 我们准备好了
So, the clock will start
从他一走进那扇门
as soon as he walks through that door.
就开始计时
As soon as he sits in that chair.
从他一坐在那把椅子上再计时
Oh, let's not quibble.
细节问题我们就别争了
Good. Then the chair.
好 那就椅子
Wilkes Ingersol.
威克斯·英格索尔
I'm the president of the Atlantic Commerce Bank,
我是亚特兰大商业银行的行长
and a trustee of the Mercantile Exchange.
也是商品交易所的监管人
Well, it's nice to finally meet you, Mr. Ingersol.
英格索尔先生 很高兴终于见到你了
You're a hard man to find.
真是贵人难寻
Really? Well...
是吗
that's not what my accountant says.
我的会计师可不是这么说的
We've been trying to depose you for 14 months now.
我们为了给你取证 已经等了14个月
Mrs. Florrick, if you wanted to read that into the record,
福瑞克夫人 如果你要这些话记录在案
you could have done so before Mr. Ingersol arrived.
大可在英格索尔先生到之前说
It's all right, Louis. My apologies, ma'am.
没关系 路易斯 很抱歉 夫人
I don't mean to be flippant.
我不是故意油嘴滑舌
Thank you for arranging this deposition near my ranch.
谢谢你将取证安排在我的农场附近
I hope you weren't inconvenienced.
希望没有给你带来不便
I'm fine.
我没有不便
Now, sir, if we could turn to these foreclosed homes
现在 先生 我们来说说这些法拍屋
and their swimming pools...
及其附带的游泳池
Yes. Um, could I say something first?
好的 我能先说两句吗
Certainly, sir.
当然可以
I understand there are a lot of homeowners
据我所知有很多业主
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表