That over there.
那张图
It's a chart about body weight.
是关于体重的图表
Really, and you're interested in body weight?
是吗 你对体重很感兴趣吗
Yes... I... am.
是的 感兴趣
Okay, good.
好 很好
That's it for me.
我问完了
That's-- no more questions?
这...你没别的问题了吗
Uh, no.
没了
We have a problem.
我们遇到个问题
We'd rather keep this confidential.
我们不想让这事张扬出去
You know our client, Seth De Luca?
你知道我们的客户赛斯·德·卢卡吧
The restaurateur?
那个餐馆老板
Exactly.
没错
He was one of Stern's first clients.
他是斯特恩最早的客户之一
Eight years with us.
与我们合作八年了
Okay, what's wrong?
好吧 怎么了
He paid his bill on time.
他按时付了钱给我们
In full?
全款支付
Down to the cent.
一分不差
You think he's leaving?
你们觉得他要换律所了
That's the worry.
就是这样
Just check and see if he's meeting other firms.
去查查看他是否在约见其他律所
We don't want to lose old clients
我们不想在开拓新客户的同时
while we're pursuing new ones.
却失去了老客户
I'm on it.
我会去查
You saw, uh,
你看到
Thao, Crowne & Associates went bankrupt?
邵&克劳恩律所破产的消息了吧
Yeah, I did.
看到了
Any friends there out of work?
那家律所有你认识的朋友吗
A few-- two investigators.
有几个 我认识他们两个调查员
Why?
怎么了
Oh, no reason.
没事
Thank you.
谢谢你
Your Honor, this is merely a preliminary hearing.
法官阁下 这只是预审而已
If there isn't enough evidence,
如果没有足够的证据
Mr. Bishop should be free.
就应该放了毕夏普先生
The defense is trying to get two cracks at bat:
贪婪的被告想占据两次盘问机会
here, during this hearing,
先是在这次预审中
and then again during trial. Your Honor,
然后在审讯中还要盘问 法官阁下
the prosecution is shirking... Let them crossexamine
检方在推卸 让他们到审讯时
during the trial. ...its responsibilities.
再盘问我们的证人 他们的责任
They will have plenty of time...
到时他们有足够的时间
Counsel... Counselors!
律师 律师们
Question your witness, Ms. Lawrence.
劳伦斯女士 向你的证人发问
Show me there's enough to prosecute.
向我展示你有足够的证据起诉
Thank you, Your Honor.
谢谢您 法官阁下
Mr. Kramer, thank you for making yourself available.
克雷默先生 感谢你前来作证
Don't worry. We're gonna lose here,
别担心 我们虽在预审中输掉
but it will prepare us for trial, okay?
但这能让我们为审讯做好准备
you work at Mr. Bishop's gym
你在毕夏普先生的健身房♥
Fine Fitness?
富强健身房♥工作对吗
Yes, I'm a trainer there. Now, Mr. Kramer,
是 我是那的教练 克雷默先生
you heard Mr. Bishop make a pronouncement
你听到了毕夏普先生在一次会议中
about skimming in one of his meetings, didn't you?
就隐瞒收入问题作出的警告 对吗
Yeah.
是的
And what was that pronouncement?
他说了什么
That he wouldn't tolerate anybody skimming.
他说他不能容忍♥任何人隐瞒收入
And didn't he say that he would murder anybody caught skimming?
他是否说他要谋杀被发现隐瞒收入的员工
No.
没有
I...
我
He didn't?
他没有吗
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Did he say that he would kill anybody caught skimming?
他是否说他会杀死被发现隐瞒收入的员工
No.
没有
You told our investigators he did.
你对我们的调查员说过他是那么说的
No.
没有
I said Mr. Bishop said
我说的是毕夏普先生
that he would "Get rid of" anybody he caught skimming.
说他会"干掉"被他发现隐瞒收入的员工
And by that he meant "Kill."
"干掉"的意思就是"杀死"
No. He meant "Fire."
不 他的意思是"开除"
Uh, Your Honor, uh...
法官阁下
we need some time to discuss this.
我们需要时间讨论一下
Sure, but we immediately request
当然 但我们请求
a dismissal, Your Honor.
立即驳回此案 法官阁下
Your Honor, the witness is changing his tune...
法官阁下 证人改变了他的证词
Absent that, we ask for bail.
如不驳回 我们申请保释
There isn't enough sufficient evidence...
检方没有足够的证据...
Please, that's enough.
停下 够了
So what happened there?
那是怎么回事
Witness recanted. Yes...
证人改变立场了 是
but why? Oh, I have no idea.
但为什么 我不知道
Maybe we intimidated him.
也许我们震慑住了他
I mean, who else? It was just us.
还能有谁 只有我们在场
Hi.
你们好
Say, could I take a gander at
能让我看一眼
the other evidence against Mr. Bishop?
其他对毕夏普先生不利的证据吗
I heard there was a videotape
我听说有一卷录影带
that could be a bit damaging.
可能会给我们造成麻烦
22 years on the force, got my pension.
从军22年 拿了抚恤金
Since then I've been doing freelance investigative work.
从那以后就开始做兼♥职♥调查员
Thank you, Sergeant.
谢谢你 军士
Please... Walt.
叫我沃特就好
Good old Walt.
老沃
Walt.
沃特
And so you're currently ready to work?
那你现在准备好上岗了吗
Am I currently ready? Yeah.
我现在准备好了吗 当然
I got my coffee thermos right here.
我都准备好喝这儿的咖啡了
Any more questions?
还有其他问题吗
Yes. Um, Walt, do you have much experience working with women?
有 沃特 你有和女性共事的经验吗
Oh, sure.
当然有
And how do you feel about working with a female investigator?
那你怎么看待与一位女性调查员合作
No complaints here.
完全没问题
I love the ladies,
我喜欢和女性相处
and the ladies love me.
女性朋友们也喜欢我
Sergeant Wilkins,
威尔金斯军士
they're almost ready for you.
他们马上就好
Am I being replaced?
你们要找人取代我吗
No. There are three excops in Reception.
没有 前台那里坐着三个退休警♥察♥
Really?
真的吗
And how do you know they're ex-cops?
你怎么知道他们是退休警♥察♥
You're not being replaced.
我们没有要取代你
You're interviewing investigators.
你们在面试调查员
Why would you be interviewing investigators,
如果不是要招第二个调查员
unless you want a second one?
你们为什么要找人面试
Yes.
是的
We're expanding your department.
我们要扩大你的部门
My department? Yes.
我的部门? 是的
You're a department now.
你现在是个部门了
Congratulations.
恭喜你
The Office of Legal Investigators.
律所调查人员办公室
I don't have a desk but I have a department?
我连办公桌都没有 却有部门了
We'll get you a desk.
我们会给你弄张办公桌
And how you doing with our wayward restaurateur?
我们那位不忠诚的餐馆老板查得怎样了
Any reason why he paid on time?
查到他按时付款的原因了吗
So this other investigator...
这个新调查员...
the second investigator.
第二个调查员
He'll work under me?
他会在我手下工作吗
Not necessarily.
不一定
So you're expanding my department,
所以你要扩张我的部门
but I'm not the head of my department?
但我却不是我自己部门的头儿
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表