Now, to prepare myself for these upcoming depositions,
为了应对即将开展的取证
I looked into other legal issues with your tow trucks--
我调查了你拖车队的其他法律问题
there were none. Thank God.
但没查到 谢天谢地
Thank God.
谢天谢地
But 80 grams of heroin was found in the trunk of a car
但上周你车队拖走的汽车行李箱里
being towed by one of your tow trucks just last week.
有80克海洛被查获
It could look bad for your lawsuit.
这可能对你的诉讼有不利影响
And why is that?
为什么
It's a way to transport drugs.
这是运输毒品的一个方式
And the tow truck driver, he can't be implicated
而这很难怪到拖车司机头上
because he was just moving the car.
因为他只是拖车罢了
And what do you suggest I do?
那你有何建议
Well, nothing.
没有
That's why I'm here as your lawyer.
所以我才作为你的律师到此
I've looked into everything there is to know about your business.
我要调查与你业务有关的一切信息
So in case of any trouble, I'll know what you know.
一旦有麻烦 我就知道你的了解程度
And I can use my friends at the State's Attorney's office
我还能利用我在州检察官办公室的交情
to find out more.
来发掘更多信息
I hope I haven't disturbed you unduly. It's all been taken care of.
希望我没有太打扰你 都料理好了
Oh, that's good to know.
真好
And just so you know, Cary, as your client,
告诉你一声 凯里 作为你的委托人
I take this stuff very seriously.
我对待这些事情很认真
It's life and death to me.
这事关我的生死
So you speak very carefully
所以你非常小心地
on the phone with your workmates, Mr. Foster?
跟你的同事通电♥话♥是吗 福斯特先生
By "Careful," do you mean I had no knowledge
"小心"的意思是说我对
of a scheme to defraud the government,
欺骗政♥府♥的阴谋毫不知情
therefore never mentioned it on the phone?
因而从没在电♥话♥里提到吗
Yes. Okay.
对 好
Let me play you another wiretap.
我再给你放一段监听录音
Hey, Warren. How you doing?
喂 沃伦 还好吗
Good. Just seeing what time you're heading out.
挺好 就看看你什么时候出来
Well, I think I... Objection, Your Honor.
我想我... 反对 法官阁下
You have already ruled on spousal shield.
您已经就配偶特权保护进行了裁决
The AUSA is attempting to circumvent...
联邦助理检察官正试图规避...
This is a completely different government wiretap
这段政♥府♥监听录音完全不同
on Mr. Lamborne and Mr. Lamborne's
内容是兰伯恩先生及其
live-in boyfriend, Mr. Warren Nemec.
同居男友沃伦·内梅克先生的对话
Mr. Nemec is not a "Live-in boyfriend."
内梅克先生不是同居男友
He is a legally married spouse,
他是合法配偶
wed in the state of... Vermont.
他们在佛蒙特州登记结婚
After that state legalized same-sex marriage.
当时该州同性婚姻已合法化
Your Honor's already determined that spousal shield applies.
法官阁下已对配偶保密特权的适用进行了裁决
Therefore, that same shield must apply
因此 同样的保护必须适用于
to Mr. Lamborne's conversation with his spouse. No, Your Honor.
兰伯恩先生和他伴侣的对话 不 法官阁下
The Defense of Marriage Act clearly states that
捍卫婚姻法案明确规定
there is one true marriage, that between a man and a woman.
真实有效的婚姻只有一种 即异性的结合
It is a reactionary law. Perhaps, but it is a law,
这项法案太保守了 或许吧 但这是法案
and it's been on the books since 1996.
自1996年起就正式成文
And since there is no recognition
鉴于联邦法♥院♥
of same-sex marriage in the federal courts,
并不承认同性婚姻
there can be no spousal shield for Mr. Lamborne.
所以兰伯恩先生无法享受配偶特权保护
This is a tricky one.
确实很棘手
No, no, no, no, no,
别吵别吵
this one doesn't go to the loudest arguer.
不用吵成这样
I will review precedent on this.
我会查看先例的
Prepare your briefs and witnesses for tomorrow.
准备明天的案情陈述和证人
So, they can't use the straight couple's wiretap,
异性夫妻的监听录音不能用
but they can use the gay couple's?
同性♥伴♥侣♥的却可以吗
Unless we fight it. Good.
只要我们不懈斗争 很好
I'm glad you're doing this, sis.
很高兴你这么做 姐姐
Justice Lamb called an hour ago.
兰姆法官一个小时前打来电♥话♥
Would you like to return?
您要回电♥话♥吗
No. Afterward.
不 等结束再说
I have a dentist appointment arranged for Thursday.
我星期四预约了牙医
Does that still work?
还算数吗
No, we'll need to clear the schedule.
不 我们要推掉所有行程
Excuse me, Mr. Breslow?
打扰一下 布瑞斯勒先生
Yes?
什么事
Excuse me, I... I heard you speak at Harvard.
打扰了 我听过你在哈佛的演讲
It was a highlight of my time there.
照亮了我的人生
I'm Cary Agos.
我是凯里·艾格斯
Jeremy. This is my assistant, Hal.
叫我杰瑞米 这是我的助理 哈尔
Hey. I'm...
你好 我...
sorry to be... I'm just so in awe.
很抱歉...我只是太敬畏您了
May-may I help you?
有什么需要帮忙的吗
Is there something that you... you need here?
需要我帮您做点什么吗
Yes, in fact.
事实上还真有
He's innocent,
他是无辜的
but he speaks honestly on the phone to his spouse,
但他在电♥话♥中跟配偶说了实话
and it doesn't look good.
这么看来情况不妙
Well, with the other tap thrown out,
再加上被排除的另一卷录音
in fact, it looks even worse,
事实上 情况更糟了
because we don't hear about the orders the CEO gives to him.
因为我们听不到总裁给他的命令
Then we need to keep it out.
那我们也要排除他的录音
Hi.
大家好
Oh, yeah, from basketball.
打篮球时伤的
Guy caught me with his elbow.
被一个家伙肘击了
Someone is out in reception to see you.
有人在接待处等着见你
Okay. Who?
好 是谁
Jeremy Breslow.
杰里米·布瑞斯勒
Yes, him, the Supreme Court super lawyer.
对 就是他 最高法♥院♥的超级律师
He's just sitting out there.
他就坐在外面
Why? He wants to see you about your case,
他来干什么 他想见你跟你谈谈案子
the TaxLaunch case.
报税网的案子
This case? Why?
这件案子 为什么
DOMA.
捍卫婚姻法案
This ruling could set precedent for years,
这项裁决可能为未来几年树立先例
maybe decades to come.
也可能影响未来几十年
It isn't simply a matter of your client's innocence or guilt--
这不仅关系你当事人清白与否
it's a... doorway
这是一条... 途径
to the overturning of the Defense of Marriage Act.
推♥翻♥捍卫婚姻法案的途径
That's why I'm here--
这就是我来这的原因
and that's why I intend to help you in court tomorrow.
也是我打算明天在庭上帮你们的原因
This is my right hand.
这是我的右手
I want you to look at it.
你们好好看着
It is with this hand that I promised my brother--dying of AIDS--
我就是用这只手向我死于艾滋病的哥哥发誓
that I would defend the rights of gays
我会为保卫同性恋的权利
to my very last breath,
战斗到生命的最后一刻
I would use all my talents, my strengths, my treasure
我会倾尽所有才智 力量和财富
to advance the cause of Stonewall, Harvey Milk, Lawrence v. Texas,
来推进石墙事件 哈维·米尔克 劳伦斯诉德克萨斯州案
and now Will Gardner. Diane Lockhart.
以及现在的威尔·加德纳 戴安·洛克哈特
Names that will mean as much in two decades as those two.
这些名字将和这两个名字一样名垂二十载
For we, right here, right now...
对我们来说 此地 此时
we are making decisions that will impact the future of gay rights.
我们正在做的决定将影响同性恋权利的未来
And all you have to do is say yes.
而你们要做的就是点个头
Let me help you.
让我帮你们
He's full of it.
他满嘴胡话
What? No.
什么 不
He's Barnum and Bailey.
他整个一巴纳姆贝利马戏团
He's a liberal lion. He's a giant.
他是自♥由♥之狮 他是个伟人
Who will swallow this case whole.
他想整个吞下这件案子
It'll all be about him,
只是为了他自己
not about the client. He's also free.
无关我们的当事人 他也是免费的
There's another reason we want him.
我们想要他还有一个原因
They just dropped the charges against our codefendant.
他们刚刚撤销了对我们共同被告的起诉
What? When? Just now.
什么 什么时候 就刚才
Without the other wiretap,
没有另一卷录音
they don't have enough against the CEO.
他们就没有足够证据起诉公♥司♥总裁
He'll testify against us.
他会指证我们的委托人
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表