I'm sorry, do you need that hot sauce?
抱歉 那瓶辣酱你还用吗
Thank you, thank you.
谢谢你 谢谢
I do that, too.
我听歌♥时手也会弹
But with the accordion.
但弹的是手风琴
It's classical piano, huh?
你在听古典钢琴曲 对吧
With me, I can play "Old Grey Mare," that's just about it.
我会弹《那匹老灰马》 只会那一首
I'm sorry if I'm being nosy.
抱歉我表现得很爱打听
Are you Eli Gold?
你是伊莱·戈德吗
Um, Eli Gold?
是伊莱·戈德吗
Yes. I knew it.
是 我就知道
I saw you sitting there.
我刚才看到你坐在那
I thought to myself,
我就想
"That's Eli Gold, the campaign manager."
"那是伊莱·戈德 竞选经理人"
I didn't want to say anything in case I was wrong.
我怕自己弄错了 所以一直没敢说什么
How's the campaign going? Good.
竞选进行得如何 不错
Well, I am gonna vote for your guy.
我会投票给你的候选人
I sure will.
我一定会的
Thank you.
谢谢你
Nice meeting you.
很高兴认识你
You used to have Wooster-Graff Industries as a client, didn't you?
伍斯特-格拉夫实业曾经聘用过你 对吧
Back when you were a crisis manager?
在你还是危机管理专家时
Last year sometime?
去年某个时候
Oh, I'm sorry. Am I being nosy again?
抱歉 我是不是又瞎打听了
What do you need, Mr...?
有什么事吗 你是...
LaGuardia.
拉瓜地亚
David is good, though.
但叫我大卫就好
I work for the Justice Department
我在司法部上班
when I'm not practicing the accordion, so I was just...
在我不练手风琴的时候 我只是...
Oh, you gotta go?
你要走了吗
Look, I'm sorry.
对不起
I just wanted to talk to you about a few things. Maybe...
我只是想跟你聊些事情 也许...
Get me Leshoure from Wooster-Graff Industries.
给我接通伍斯特-格拉夫实业的勒硕
Greg Leshoure on two.
格雷格·勒硕在二线上
Tell him I'll call him back.
跟他说我稍后再打给他
Nora, I need your phone.
诺拉 我要用你的电♥话♥
It's my mom. Call her back!
是我妈妈 等会儿给她打回去
Mom, I have to call you back.
妈 我等会儿再打过去
Come on!
快点
Diane Lockhart.
我找戴安·洛哈特
This is a simple case.
这起案子简单明了
On that, I agree with my respected colleague
在这一点上 我与我尊敬的检察官同行
for the prosecution.
意见一致
Nine months ago,
九个月前
a young woman named Brandi Colavito
一位名叫布兰迪·柯拉维托的年轻女性
attended Alt-O-Rama,
去参加了奥图莱玛
three-day music festival here in Chicago.
一场在芝加哥举办的为期三天的音乐节
While there, she was murdered.
她在那里被杀害
The killer then took the body
凶手把她的尸体带回她家乡
50 miles south to her hometown,
离这里往南50公里
in Minooka, in Grundy County,
格兰迪县的米努卡村
and dumped her.
然后抛尸荒野
Now ASA Hellinger has seen fit to charge my client,
助理检察官海灵格同意指控我的委托人
Troy Mallick,
特洛伊·马利克
a respected executive with a spotless record.
无犯罪记录 受尊敬的企业高管
This despite the fact that he had no motive
尽管他没有犯罪动机
and there were better suspects in Minooka.
而且在米努卡村还有嫌疑更大的人
So let's look at the evidence.
我们来看看证据
Her name was Brandi Colavito.
她的名字叫布兰迪·柯拉维托
She lived here in Minooka,
她原先就生活在米努卡
went to Minooka Community High, graduated,
毕业于米努卡社区高中
and moved away to Chicago where she was murdered
随后搬到了芝加哥 并在那里的
after a rock concert.
一场摇滚音乐会后被杀害
You will hear evidence that my client,
你们将会看到证据 证明我的委托人
Gary Kuharski, killed her.
盖理·库哈斯基杀害了她
He didn't.
但他没有
You will hear evidence that he was obsessed with Brandi,
你们会听到证言 证明他迷恋布兰迪
that he stalked her after she broke up with him.
并在她提出分手后偷偷跟踪她
He wasn't.
但他没有
You will hear evidence
你们会听到证词
that he followed her to the Chicago concert.
证明他尾随她去了芝加哥的音乐会
That is untrue.
那不是真的
But what ASA Hellinger won't tell you
但助理检察官海灵格不会提到的
is that Brandi had an ex-boyfriend,
是布兰迪有个前男友
a young man living in her hometown,
一个和她同乡的年轻男人
who became obsessed with her, who stalked her.
他迷恋她 偷偷跟踪她
Now, you might ask the prosecutor,
现在 你们可能会问控方
why this is being prosecuted here at all?
为什么在这里提出指控
The murder didn't take place in Minooka.
凶杀案并不是在米努卡村发生
It took place in Chicago.
而是在芝加哥发生的
Yes, the body was transported here,
的确 死者尸体被带回了这里
but this is big-city business.
但这应该是大城市的事
Not our business.
不是我们的
I'll tell you why Gary's being prosecuted here.
我来告诉你们为什么盖理在这里被控诉
Because Cook County didn't think
因为库克县政♥府♥认为
there was enough evidence to charge him.
他们没有足够的证据控诉他
Objection, Your Honor.
反对 法官阁下
Yes, Ms. Hoff, let's not theorize
反对有效 霍夫女士 请不要揣测
on why someone did or did not do something.
谁做了或没做什么的原因
And another thing Ms. Hellinger won't tell you,
还有一件海灵格女士不会告诉你们的事
not only is my client innocent,
就是我的委托人不仅是无辜的
but there is someone in another county ...
而且在另一个县里 还有一位嫌疑人
Objection, Your Honor!
反对 法官阁下
...being tried for this exact same crime!
正因同样的罪名被审讯
Someone from Minooka...
米努卡村的居民
Your Honor, this is outrageous!
法官阁下 这太过分了
Yes, outrage is thick in the air. Approach.
是的 的确很过分 请上前来
I'm not sure what the problem is here, Your Honor.
我不明白这有什么问题 法官阁下
You gave Mr. Gardner specific and explicit instructions
您清晰明确地命令加德纳先生
Which I followed. Which I followed to a T. Not to bring up...
我遵守了 我严格地遵守了 不能提及
Mr. Gardner,
加德纳先生
I know you like playing the bad boy.
我知道你喜欢不按规矩办事
Do it on your own time, not on mine.
你私下里随便 别在我的法庭上胡来
Your Honor, you warned me not to bring up
法官阁下 您警告我不可以提及
the name of the man being tried in Minooka.
在米努卡村被审讯的人的名字
And I have not, even though this is
而我并未提及 尽管这个要求
a gross miscarriage of justice.
是严重的司法不公
Has there ever been a mere miscarriage of justice?
有哪次"司法不公"是"轻微"的
Why is it always a gross one?
为什么每次还要加上"严重"
You were warned not to bring up
我给你的警告是 完全不可以
the other trial at all, Mr. Gardner.
提到有另一场审讯 加德纳先生
They're mentioning our trial there, Your Honor.
可是那边在利用我们的审讯 法官阁下
Yes, and if the judge in Minooka wants
我知道 如果米努卡村的法官
to allow that, that's his prerogative.
允许他们这么做 那是他的权力
He wants a mistrial, Your Honor.
他想得到审判无效的裁决 法官阁下
Mr. Gardner has delayed this court date for months,
加德纳先生已把开庭日期拖了几个月
hoping the other trial would result in a guilty verdict.
他想等到另一场审讯宣布有罪
I would have to agree.
我不得不同意
You're not getting a mistrial, Mr. Gardner,
我不会裁决审判无效 加德纳先生
and I will hold you in contempt and fine you $10,000.
而且我要判你藐视法庭 罚款一万美元
And your next offense?
如果你再不遵守警告
You will find yourself in a jail cell.
我就要送你进监狱了
And if this Minooka trial results in a guilty verdict,
若米努卡村的审判宣布有罪呢
Your Honor?
法官阁下
If another person is found guilty of this murder,
如果另一个人被证实是此案的凶手
yes, then you may present that evidence to the jury,
那么你可以向陪审团呈上那些证据
but not before.
但在那之前不可以
Do you understand? I do, Your Honor.
听明白了吗 明白了 法官阁下
All right, then step back.
好的 那请退后吧
And, Mr. Gardner, behave.
还有 加德纳先生 老实点
How are you enjoying the big leagues?
跟大律师们打官司的感觉怎么样
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表