don't be fooled.
别被耍了
You wouldn't let a crime victim be blamed.
你们肯定不会责怪一名犯罪被害人
Bella, in many ways, is a crime victim.
而贝拉从很多方面来说 就等于一名犯罪被害人
The only difference here is the assailant,
唯一的区别 就是凶手
and the assailant here is Thief.
而本案的凶手就是"盗贼"
They advertised their drink to her,
他们向她推销自己的饮料
and then they killed her.
继而害死了她
They need to be held accountable
他们必须对此承担责任
or they will do the same to your kids.
否则他们会将魔爪再伸向你们的孩子
Thank you.
谢谢各位
Nice work. Thank you.
相当精彩 谢谢
Well, that's an odd experience.
这感觉可真奇怪
Someone making me the subject of their opening argument.
我居然成了人家开场白的话题
Game on.
开战
David, how are you?
大卫 你好吗
I'm good.
我很好
Unfortunately, we have a problem.
不幸的是 我们遇到个难题
Oh, no, we have an opportunity.
不 是我们遇到个机会
Ha! That's right.
说的没错
Every problem is an opportunity.
任何困难都是潜在的机会
Well, here's the opportunity:
这个机会是这样
we need to delay your partnership for a year.
你晋升合伙人的事将推迟一年
The equity partners are not withdrawing the offer of partnership,
权益合伙人不会撤回给的你入伙邀请
we just have to delay it.
但是得推迟
Why?
为什么
We... need time to assess the repercussions
我们需要些时间来评估
of changes in the workplace.
工作环境调整而产生的影响
And how long will that take?
那要多久
How long will it take to assess the changes? We're not sure.
要多久来进行评估吗 说不准
The equity partners will review at the next meeting.
权益合伙人会在下次会议中商讨
Thanks for understanding.
谢谢理解
David?
大卫
What just happened?
出了什么事
Nothing.
没什么事
We're a democratic institution, and unfortunately,
我们是民♥主♥制度的律所 而不幸的是
democratic institutions change their minds.
民♥主♥机构总是善变的
What was that?
他来做什么
I think I was just mugged.
我感觉像被打劫了
Yes, but it's not...
对 但它不是
Those proportions would suggest your conclusion.
这些数据是会引出你这样的结论
So in your expert opinion,
那从你的专业角度来看
Dr. Borgnine, how did Bella die?
伯格宁医生 贝拉的死因是什么
A seizure due to caffeine toxicity
由于咖♥啡♥因♥中毒引起的痉挛
which caused her to aspirate emesis into her lungs.
导致她将呕吐物吸入肺部
In simpler terms?
简单地说呢
She choked on her own vomit.
她被自己的呕吐物呛死了
And this was caused by this drink? Yes.
那是这个饮料造成的吗 是的
I know it looks innocuous, but it's not.
我知道这东西看起来无害 但实际不是
It killed her.
它要了她的命
Thank you, Doctor.
谢谢 医生
Your witness.
我问完了
Uh, this is Bella,
这是贝拉
the 16-year-old who died,
那名16岁的死者
but this is Bella, too,
而这也是贝拉
in a photo we weren't aware of until
我们本不知道有这么张照片
the plaintiff presented it in court this morning.
直到今天上午原告律师在庭上出示
Doctor, can you tell the difference between these two...
医生 你能看出这两张照片的区别...
Objection, Your Honor. Vague.
反对 法官阁下 提问模糊
Yeah, um... I'll allow.
允许提问
Could I have a ruling on that?
您能给个裁定吗
I already ruled.
我已经裁定了
No, I'm sorry, Your Honor, you didn't.
抱歉 法官阁下 您没有
Overruled.
裁定反对无效
Go ahead and answer.
可以继续提问
Do I see a difference between these two photos?
我有没有看出两张照片的不同
Well, in that one she looks thinner.
在那张照片中她看起来瘦些
Uh, yes, at her death she weighed 85 pounds, five-foot-six.
是的 她死时体重77斤 身高1米70
Does this suggest she was anorexic?
这是否意味着她有厌食症
Yes. Those proportions would suggest your conclusion.
是的 你的数据是会产生这样的结论
And has anorexia ever resulted in a seizure? Yes.
厌食症是否会导致痉挛 是的
So is there any way to categorically
所以能否将贝拉的痉挛
blame Thief for Bella's seizure?
断然地归咎于"盗贼"呢
No, not if the victim had contributory causes.
不能 如果死者的身体有其他不良状况的话
I-I tried to wake her up,
我想叫醒她
but she was just lying there
但她就在那里躺着
so helpless, so tired.
那么无助 那么虚弱
Bella,
贝拉
if I could just hold you one more time.
我多想再抱抱你
I could do that. No problem.
这我能演 没问题
You sure?
你确定吗
We don't want her to be too maudlin.
我们不想她表现得过于伤感
No, I don't do maudlin.
不会的 我不演悲情角色
You saw my notices. Okay.
你们看过人家给我的评论 好吧
Is this under SAG or AFTRA?
这是以美国演员工会还是美国广电艺人联合会的名义
Actor's Equity, okay?
演员权益保障协会 好吗
Cary?
凯里
Did David Lee talk to you?
大卫·李找你谈过了吗
Yeah. Did he talk to you?
是的 你呢
He said they were delaying my partnership.
他说要推迟我晋升合伙人
They say until next year, but...
他们说会推迟到下一年 但是...
Same with me.
跟我也是这么说
And the other fourth years?
其他的四年律师呢
My guess is the same.
估计也是一样
It's because of money, isn't it?
是因为钱吧
They don't want to share the wealth.
他们不想让我们分一杯羹
They were fine sharing the debts,
他们可以共苦
but never the wealth.
却不能同甘
What do you want to do?
你有什么打算
What do you want to do?
你呢
I think we should get the fourth years together
我觉得应该找其他几个四年律师
and discuss our options.
一起商量对策
Partners might be unhappy with that.
这样可能会让合伙人们不高兴
I know.
我知道
Eli? There's a weird lady here to see you.
伊莱 有个怪女人来找你
Elsbeth, come on in.
埃尔斯贝特 快进来
We have debate negotiations with Maddie.
我们要跟玛蒂协商辩论的事
I think I better take them.
让我来谈吧
No, we'll need to delay them.
不 跟他们推迟时间
This is our second delay.
这是我们第二次推迟了
Hello. Hi.
你好 你好
Delay them an hour.
推迟一小时
Okay. Nice meeting you.
好吧 很高兴认识你
And you. An exciting office.
我也是 这办公室好振奋人心
So, they sent over the wiretap complaint application,
他们送来了窃听申请
but it checked out.
但是查过没问题
So I asked them to send over the underlying notes
于是我找他们要来给法官预审用的
used to prep the judge, but that checked out also.
基本说明 但是查过也没漏洞
So I... Can I set this here?
于是我... 我能把东西放这里吗
Yes, please.
当然 请便
So? Well,
于是呢 于是
then I asked them to send over the evidentiary notes.
我找他们要来了证据说明
Those are proofs used to show the judge
这是用来向法官证明
there was enough reason to wiretap,
有充足的理由进行监听
and look here.
你看这里
What is it?
这是什么
The Department of Justice requires three dirty calls
司法部要求批准监听要
to warrant a wiretap.
提交三份可疑录音
"Dirty calls"?
什么是可疑录音
You talking on an already existing wiretap.
就是你被原先就有的窃听装置录下来的通话
That's a dirty call,
那就叫可疑录音
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表