No further questions.
我问完了
What, exactly, did Mr. Canning offer you?
坎宁先生具体向你提供了什么
He intimated there would be a job for me at his law firm
他暗示会在他的律师事务所给我一份工作
when these proceedings were over.
等听证会结束之后
And, uh, just prior to that intimation,
在这个暗示之前
did he ask you for assistance in this matter?
他有没有要求你在本案中给他帮助
Yes.
有
He requested detailed information about cases.
他问了我关于此案的细节信息
Thank you, Mr. Hayden.
谢谢你 海登先生
You're welcome.
不用谢
Five-month extension.
五个月的延长♥期♥
That gives us breathing room.
给了我们喘气的空间
And Mrs. Gross is thinking about assigning us
格罗斯太太也正考虑要把她在中西部的
her entire Midwest book of business.
所有法律事务交由我们负责
The tide is turning.
快翻身了呢
The vultures from real estate are hoovering up all the shrimp.
地♥产♥界的秃鹰都快把对虾抢光了
Mr. Gardner, Ms. Lockhart.
加德纳先生 洛克哈特女士
Mr. Hayden.
海登先生
We don't know what to say... except thank you.
我们不知道还能说什么...千恩万谢啊
Though I confess I don't understand your motivation.
尽管我还是不明白你的动机
Well, I don't agree with how you run your business,
我是不同意你的经营方式
but you paid me the compliment of not assuming I was for sale.
但你没把我当作可收买♥♥的人 让我很是受用
Good luck with the bar next week.
下周的律师考试好运
Thank you.
谢谢
It has been interesting here.
在这的工作很有意思
I don't know if I'll miss it, but I'll...
我不知道我会不会怀念 但我会...
No, I won't miss it.
不 我不会怀念
And they ate and drank and made merry.
他们吃吃喝喝 尽情玩乐
All save poor little Cinderella,
除了可怜的灰姑娘
who toiled amidst the reverie.
只能在幻想中辛苦劳作
Mr. Canning,
坎宁先生
I thought you'd be off somewhere, licking your wounds.
我还以为你会在某个地方舔着伤口呢
I'm a quick healer.
我恢复得快
No, I just came by to sign the extension.
我只是过来签延期协议的
Mr. Canning, you're not here to sign any extension.
坎宁先生 你不是过来签什么延期协议的
You know what the best thing about Monopoly is?
你知道"大富翁棋"的最大优点是什么吗
The "Get Out of Jail Free" Card.
那张"自♥由♥越狱"卡
I used to love hoarding that card
我曾经很喜欢囤积那张卡
'cause you never knew when you might need it.
因为你永远不知道它什么时候会派上用场
Mr. Canning, please.
坎宁先生 拜托
I hate these stories.
我讨厌这些故事
Whatever it is you need to say, just say it.
你想说什么 直说好了
I don't need the story.
我不需要故事
This...
这是...
is your "Get Out of Jail Free" Card.
你的"自♥由♥越狱"卡
What did he want?
他来干什么
Mr. Canning?
坎宁先生吗
It was a personal matter. Nothing important.
私事而已 没什么要紧
Well, I'm here on a professional one.
我来是公事
Your absence from the festivities
你对宴会的缺席
is sending quite a message to the partnership.
向合伙人发出了一个很明确的信♥号♥♥
Uh, what message would that be?
会是什么样的信♥号♥♥呢
That you're not vested in our little enterprise.
你对我们这个小公♥司♥没有归属感
You're pouting.
你在生气
It's unbecoming.
这很不得体
No.
没啊
I'm working.
我在工作
You know why I was made partner?
你知道我是怎么成为合伙人的吗
Jonas Stern was sued for sexual harassment,
乔纳斯·斯特恩被起诉性骚扰
and he needed to show that he had a female partner.
他需要表明他有个女性合伙人
That's all.
仅此而已
When the door that you have been knocking at
当你一直在敲的那扇门
finally swings open,
终于打开
you don't ask why; you run through.
不要问为什么 而应该冲进去
That is the simple fact.
事实就是这么简单
No one is here to make it comfortable for you;
没人会帮你把一切都打点得顺你心意
no one is here to appreciate your moping,
没人会欣赏你的消沉
so this is my advice to you:
所以我对你的建议是
Take a minute for yourself,
给自己一分钟时间
put on your best gracious voice,
用自己最亲切的声音
find a way to wear a smile,
尽可能面带笑容
and then come into the conference room
然后走进会议室
ready to thank the equity partners
准备好对权益合伙人表示感谢
for giving you this opportunity.
感谢他们给你提供这个机会
Because what is given can quickly be taken away.
因为机会不抓住 很快就会错失
Thank you, Will.
谢谢你 威尔
Thank you, David,
谢谢你 大卫
for giving me this great opportunity to become a partner.
感谢你们邀请我成为合伙人
I won't disappoint you.
我不会让你们失望的
We know you won't. You're welcome.
我们知道你不会的 非常欢迎
Just you remember one thing:
只要记住一件事
It's all about client maintenance.
关键在于对客户的维系
Thank you, Diane, for thinking of me for this position.
谢谢你 戴安 考虑给我这个职位
I won't disappoint you.
我不会让你失望的
Good.
很好
Well, you haven't in the past,
过去你没有让我们失望
and we know you won't in the future.
我们知道将来也不会
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表