You're kidding-- we invented this.
你瞎扯吧 是我们发明的
Yes, but on school property and using school resources.
对 但是你们用的是学校的场地和资源
There is a legal precedent here, your Honor.
法官阁下 这类事件有法律先例
Google was forced to negotiate with Stanford
谷歌♥被迫跟斯坦福大学谈判
over the rights to Google,
关于谷歌♥的权利问题
and the University of Illinois
然后伊利诺伊大学
sued one of the cofounders of Netscape for trademark infringement.
指控网景浏览器的一位共同创办人商标侵权
Therefore, we ask that the subpoena be quashed,
因为原告的适格问题存疑
given that the plaintiffs' standing here is unclear.
我们请求法庭宣布传票无效
Just give me a listen.
你就听我说几句
Uh, I'm on a case, Eli.
我要去办案 伊莱
It's for Alicia, not Peter.
是帮艾丽西娅 不是帮彼得
Look, Peter is being accused of sleeping
现在有人控诉彼得 说他跟竞选工作人员
with a campaign worker, and he didn't.
发生了性关系 但他没有
I'm just trying to stop the story
我想在故事令艾丽西娅难堪之前
before it embarrasses Alicia.
将它压下去
Embarrasses Alicia? Yes.
令艾丽西娅难堪 对
After all she's been through, you know it will.
她经历了太多 这会让她重温噩梦
Just listen to the reporter's questions, that's all.
你帮我听听记者的问题就够了
This is Kalinda, my assistant. I asked her to sit in.
我的助手凯琳达 她是来旁听的
Hi.
你好
Really?
真的吗
I thought we were finishing up.
我以为我们快谈完了
Oh, no, I'm sorry if I gave you that impression.
离结束远着呢 很抱歉给你错觉
If you want face time with Peter and Alicia,
如果你想跟彼得和艾丽西娅直接对话
I'll need to know what you're going to ask.
我得知道你会问什么问题
His assistant, huh?
你是他的助手
Peter Florrick and one of his campaign workers
在9月30日 彼得·福瑞克跟竞选工作人员
slept together on September 30.
发生了性关系
Where? Eli, we vetted this.
在哪里 伊莱 我们已经查过了
Then what's your worry?
那你还担心什么
The St. Martin.
在圣马丁宾馆
Was she visiting him or he visiting her?
是她去找彼得 还是彼得找她
They were both there.
他们都在那儿
Campaign workers on one floor, Peter on another.
竞选工作人员在一层楼 彼得在另一层楼
And which room did they go to?
他们进了哪间房♥
They had a prearranged signal.
他们有预先定好的信♥号♥♥
She was to go to his floor at 11:30 and knock on his door.
她11点半去他的房♥间敲门
On how many occasions?
去了多少次
What's her name?
她叫什么
No.
无可奉告
Mandy, if it's true...
曼蒂 如果是真的
And if I tell you, you'll have no reason to buy the magazine.
如果我告诉你 你就不肯买♥♥杂♥志♥了
Get me face time.
替我安排会面
Eli told me.
伊莱告诉我了
Peter, let's not do this, please.
彼得 拜托你别说这事
It's not true; I wanted you to know.
不是真的 我想让你知道事实
Seriously, Peter, I have had a very long day,
说真的 彼得 我今天累坏了
and by the end of the week,
等到了周末
I will have had a very long week.
我会发现自己不知道是怎么熬过这周的
Look, I have a target on my back, and this is not true.
现在我后背贴着标靶 这事不是真的
Do you remember what you said the first time?
还记得第一次出这种事时 你是怎么说的吗
"It's not true."
这不是真的
And that's exactly why they're throwing this crap at me--
这正是他们把这破事栽赃到我身上的原因
because my denials will look like lies.
我的否认都像是谎言
It's politics.
政♥治♥手段
The problem is, Peter, I don't give a damn.
彼得 问题是我压根就不在乎
Good morning, Chancellor.
早上好 校长
What's this, Chancellor?
这是什么 校长
It's my book-- a book I wrote about
是书 是我写的
ways to improve education in America.
关于如何发展美国教育的书
And what income did you derive from this book?
这本书的让你赚了多少
In royalties?
是说稿费吗
I... well, I don't have the facts and figures at my fingertips.
我手上没有准确的数字
I do, actually.
但我有
$71,450, mostly due to students
71450美元 大部分是
being required to buy it as a textbook.
规定学生购买♥♥而取得的
Now, how much of that money went to the college?
这笔钱有多少被用于学校
How much? You mean, of the royalties?
有多少 你是指稿费吗
I don't know.
我不知道
Did any portion go to the college?
学校是否有任何提成
I... no.
我 没有
But you're a college employee, aren't you, sir?
但你是学校职工 对不对
And the student handbook here clearly states,
学生手册上写得很明白
"College owns the rights to all works,
学校对本校职工或学生所制♥造♥的
"Inventions, developments, and discoveries
一切产品 发明 研制成果 和发现
created by employees and students."
均拥有所有权
Yes, but that's not a fair comparison.
是的 但这个对比不公平
I'm the university chancellor.
我可是学校校长
So the rules don't apply to you?
校规在你身上不适用吗
No, that's not what I said.
我不是这意思
The college is selective in how it enforces its rules?
校规的适用是因人而异的?
Oh, come on.
没这回事
There is a radical difference between $71,000
七万一千美元的版税
in royalties and the potential millions
与原告的语♥音♥识别软件可能
from the plaintiffs' voice recognition software.
带来的数百万收入可是天差地别
Yes, thank you for prompting the good chancellor
是的 谢谢你提示这位优秀的校长
in how to answer my question, but...
如何回答我的问题 可是...
Objection, Your Honor.
反对 法官阁下
I find this line of question offensive and irrelevant.
我认为这个问题既无礼又无关
No, it isn't, Ms. Walsh; it actually isn't.
不 沃尔什女士 并非如此
Please continue, Counselor.
请继续 律师
Thank you, Your Honor.
谢谢 法官阁下
Is Mr. Neil Gross a graduate of your university?
尼尔·格罗斯先生是否毕业于贵校
He is an honored graduate.
他是荣誉毕业生
And did you know that his company Chumhum
你知道他的公♥司♥查查网
is worth $86 billion?
市值860亿美元吗
Well, even if you didn't know that, you knew
就算你不知道这一点 可你知道
that he'd given a $50 million endowment to the university.
他向学校捐赠过五千万美金
Yes.
是的
So... have you claimed ownership of Chumhum?
那...你要求过查查网的所有权吗
No. Really?
没有 是吗
But you read in his book that he created
可在他的书里提过他是在
his page-ranking hierarchy in your computer lab.
贵校电脑实验室里发明了网页排名法
Okay, that's enough.
好了 到此为止
I'm ready to rule on standing.
我准备就主体适格问题进行裁定
It is my determination that, due to estoppel by silence
根据沉默表意原则以及
and my general disgust with the chancellor's tactics...
对校长这种行为的鄙视 我决定...
Excuse me, sir.
你说什么 先生
Excuse me. This is my court;
抱歉 这是我的法庭
you may go now. Thank you.
你现在可以离开了 谢谢
The college has no standing here,
本案中 学校主体不适格
and the interests of the plaintiff's suit holds sway.
原告享有起诉的权利
Yes! Yes!
太好了 太好了
I also find that
同时我裁定
Mr. Gross will open all pertinent aspects
格罗斯先生公开一切算法相关信息
of his algorithm to scrutiny...
以供审阅...
Your Honor, we cannot allow the algorithm,
法官阁下 我们不能公开算法
as you know... Yes, you can.
你也知道... 你们能
Ms. Walsh, what you cannot do is hide behind
沃尔什女士 没完没了地以商业机密
the skirts of trade secrets indefinitely.
做幌子才是你们最不该做的事
I will appoint a third party
我会指定第三方
to peruse all algorithm documents,
审阅所有的算法文件
in order to avoid competitive leaking.
以避免竞争泄密
Mr. Gardner?
加德纳先生
Yes.
有事吗
I know what you're doing.
我知道你在做什么
Your firm's bankrupt.
你的律所要倒闭了
You lost my competitor, Patric Edelstein,
还丢了我的竞争对手帕特里克·艾德斯坦
so you're looking for another big fish.
所以你要寻找新的大客户
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表