剧集 | 铁证悬案(2003) | 导航列表
你知道赛亚医生的名字吗
Do you know Dr. Thayer's first name?
不知道 抱歉
Nah, sorry.
-罗杰 我们得问你个私人问题 -好的
- Roger, we have to ask you a personal question. - Okay.
你领养小孩是因为你不能生育吗
Did you adopt kids because you couldn't have your own?
是啊
Yeah.
是你的问题
That was your side,
而不是因为你老婆
not your wife's.
你们怎么知道的
How'd you know that?
科学俱乐部还幸存的这三个人都被确诊为不育
All three men still alive from Science Club confirmed as sterile.
这和玉米片有什么关系
How you gonna blame that on cornflakes?
我不知道
I don't know
我也不知道这和
and I don't know what it's
阿诺德头部的伤疤有什么关系
got to do with Arnold's head wounds, either.
阿莉 我们必须查出在那地方发生了什么
We gotta find out what else was going on in this place, Lil.
发现了建筑的部分名字
Got a partial name on the building.
H-O-什么-I-N-什么
Uh, H-O-something-I-N-something.
什么 研究院
Something... Institute?
位于费蒙的胡佛研究院
Hoover Institute, in Fairmount.
我们去找找1958年在那里工作的人
So let's look for anyone who worked there in '58
从赛亚医生开始
starting with Dr. Thayer.
我有所发现 阿莉
I got some, Lil.
好的
Okay.
还是这样吧 我明天也能去
You know what, I can go tomorrow.
你这一周都这样说 史考特 但你从没去过
You've been saying that all week, Scotty, but you never go.
是啊
Yeah.
史考特 我明天早上见你
I'll meet you in the morning, Scotty.
一大早吗
First thing?
一大早
First thing.
好吧 你想让我自动搜索赛亚吗
All right, you want me to auto-track Thayer?
让我来吧 老大
Uh, maybe let me, boss.
不 我总得学会用这台电脑 阿莉
No, I got to learn how to run this computer sometime, Lil.
开始了吗
Is it on?
胡佛研究院
对不起 我迟到了
Sorry I'm late.
班车那时就停在那里
The bus was parked right over there.
知道这地方在50年代是做什么用的吗
We know what was going on here in the '50s?
政♥府♥搞研究用的
Government research.
米尔顿·赛亚使用志愿者
Dr. Milton Thayer was using volunteers
包括芬伍德的小孩
including the boys from Fernwood
作为实验组
as test groups.
芬伍德得了什么好处
What was Fernwood getting in return?
每带来一个小孩 他们就得到报酬
They were paid a fee for every boy they brought over.
我这里有合同
I got the contracts.
这是薇薇安修女干的吗
Sister Vivian set this up?
不是
No.
是格蕾丝修女
Sister Grace.
做的是什么实验
What kind of tests are we talking?
这点我们就要问赛亚医生了
That's what we got to ask Dr. Thayer.
他是位名誉退休研究员
He's an emeritus researcher here.
是 我记得芬伍德的那些小男孩
Yeah, I remember the Fernwood boys.
他们是一系列辐射测试的实验对象
They were subjects in a series of radiation tests for us.
-辐射 -是的
- Radiation. - Right.
我们听说了玉米片的事
We heard something about cornflakes.
这是方法之一
That was one of the methods.
这是怎么回事
How'd that work?
牛奶被辐射过了
The milk was irradiated.
你把放射性牛奶给六岁的小孩喝吗
You gave radioactive milk to six-year-old boys?
剂量很低
Very low levels.
我们也用
We also put it in the
受过辐射的牙膏给他们刷牙
toothpaste and had them brush their teeth with it.
这是政♥府♥资助的吗
This was government-sponsored?
你多大 30岁吗
You're what, 30 years old?
是的
Yeah.
那你不记得冷战了吧
So you don't remember the Cold War.
1947年-1991年间美国为首的西方资本主义国家
和苏联为首社♥会♥主♥义♥国家两个阵营在各方面都处于对抗状态的时期。
怎么了
What about it?
我们生活在核武器的恐惧之中
We lived in fear of the bomb.
冷战期间美国和苏联展开军备竞赛,
双方囤集了足以让对方毁灭成百上千次的核弹头
进行辐射测试是必要的
Radiation research was considered necessary.
这甚至是爱国行为
It was even patriotic.
你知道这些测试让三个人失去了生育能力吗
Did you know your tests left three men sterile?
我们无意伤人
We didn't intend to harm anyone,
但是那时 我们是为国家事业而效力
but at the time, we were working for a cause.
那你不后悔做了这些测试吗
So you don't regret the tests?
我们做的测试都是在我们所知的范围之内的
We worked within the boundaries of what we knew.
在50年代 我们认为那些测试对我们有好处
Back in the '50's, we thought those tests would do us good.
我们还做脑叶切断手术 现在看来很残忍♥
We also performed lobotomies, which we now think are barbaric,
但是在那时 那可是尖端医学
but at the time, it was considered cutting-edge medicine.
跟你那个时代没多大关系
Can't help the times you live in.
这么说是格蕾丝修女安排了他们去研究院
So Sister Grace arranged the visits to the Institute.
她知道她对这些孩子做了什么吗
Think she knew what she was doing to these kids?
她是个修女 又不是医生
She was a nun, not a doctor.
在1958年
And back in '58,
人们认为医生不可能犯错
the culture was, doctor could do no wrong.
你可不能质疑他们
You didn't question them.
你也不能质疑政♥府♥
You didn't question the government, either.
他们资助的这些实验
They funded the tests.
我调查了胡佛研究所在1958年
Been looking into what else was going on
其它的实验项目
at the Hoover Institute in '58.
进行了许多行为研究
A lot of behavioral research.
那是什么意思
What's that mean?
试图让精神病患者恢复正常
Trying to straighten out psychotics
采用的是胰岛素 密封容器 电击等方法
by way of insulin treatments, isolation tanks, electroshock.
天呐
Oh, God.
千万别告诉我他们拿孤儿当了试验品
Tell me they didn't test that on the orphans.
那阿诺德头部的创伤就解释得通了
That would explain Arnold's head wounds.
我查到一位以前进行行为研究的老护士
I auto-tracked an ancient nurse, used to work in Behavior.
还在费城吗
Still in Philly?
叫做莎莉·赛博 现在年纪很大了
Sally Thurber, old lady now,
在退休社区静养
kicking it in a retirement community.
我记得那件箱子里的男孩的案子
I remember that Boy in the Box case.
我从来没把这件事和芬伍德联♥系♥起来过
I never put it together with Fernwood.
没人联想过
No one did.
这些男孩都是小乖乖
Those boys were darlings.
你认识他们吗 也许他们是研究对象
Did you know any of them? Maybe they were research subjects?
可不是我们的研究对象
Oh, not for us. No.
我就在研究院附近看到过他们
I just saw them around the Institute in their...
穿着小号♥的灰色制♥服♥
little gray uniforms.
有时候我会和带他们来的修女聊聊天
I'd talk to the nun who brought them sometimes.
格蕾丝修女吗
Sister Grace?
她有时会来行为研究部门
She'd come down to Behavior once in a while.
是吗 她来干什么
Yeah? Why would she do that?
我觉得既然现在大家都死了
I suppose everyone's dead now,
我也没什么好顾忌的了
so I can speak out of school.
但说无妨
Please.
她来见克雷顿...
She'd come visit Clayton...
他是实验室里的一位助手
an assistant in our lab,
一名医学生
a medical student,
他们处得很好
and they were friendly.
怎么个好法
Friendly how?
在我看来
Well, more friendly
比一般的修女和年轻人亲热得多
than a nun should be with a young man, in my opinion.
他本质上是个好男孩 但是他很调皮
He's a good boy at heart, but he acts up.
格蕾丝 你真美
You look beautiful, Grace.
-这话我都不能说吗 -克雷 他需要一个家
- I can't tell you that? - Clay, he needs a family.
我担心如果他屡教不改 他就不能被领养了
I'm worried he won't get one if he doesn't change.
他慢慢会好的
He'll outgrow it.
不 他越来越调皮了
No. It's getting worse.
请帮帮他吧
Please help him.
我不明白你想让我做什么
I don't know what you want me to do.
你为这里病人所做的治疗...
剧集 | 铁证悬案(2003) | 导航列表