I am not saying this because he is my husband,
我这样说并不是因为他是我的丈夫
I am saying this because it is strategically a mistake.
我这样说是因为从战略上来看这就是个错误
I disagree.
我不同意
Then have Peter fire me.
那就让彼得把我炒了吧
I need your help.
我需要你的帮助
With what?
帮什么
Cross-examination.
交叉质询
Any questions, Ms. Lockhart?
有问题吗 洛克哈特女士
No, Your Honor.
没有 法官阁下
Yes, just a few.
我有几个问题
Mr. McVeigh,
麦克维先生
this is a change in your attitude,
在新的弹道测试中
this new ballistic test.
你的态度发生了改变
No, not a change.
不 没有变
A, uh... it's a more refined test.
只是一次改良的测试
But you testified during the trial
但是你在庭审期间曾经作证过
that your ballistic test leaned toward the bullets
说你的弹道测试的结果是
not belonging to Richard Locke's gun.
那些子弹不属于理查德·洛克的枪
Yes, I did.
没错
And now you have a different opinion.
现在你却给出了不同的意见
Not a different opinion,
不能说是不同的意见
a further scientific analysis.
只是一份更加科学的分♥析♥
You're retired, aren't you, Mr. McVeigh?
你已经退休了 是吗 麦克维先生
Yes, I retired this month.
是的 我在这个月退休的
And yet you did this ballistic test
而你却在几个小时前
just a few hours ago?
做了这个弹道测试
Yes, I did. As a favor.
是的 是帮别人的忙
And you checked your findings with the prosecutor's
你和检察官的弹道专家
ballistics expert, Holly Westfall?
霍利·韦斯特福尔讨论了测试结果
I did.
是的
Why did you do that?
你为什么要这样做
I wanted to see if she had the same result.
我想知道她是不是也得出了相同的结论
Is this standard operating procedure?
按照标准流程应该这样做吗
No.
不
Why did you do it, then?
那你为什么要这样做
This was an unusual case.
这个案子不同寻常
And we had a differing opinion in 2012.
我们在2012年的意见就不一致
And isn't it true that you've given her your business?
你是不是要把生意交给她
I've sold her my business. That's true.
我是把公♥司♥卖♥♥给了她 是的
And isn't it true
那么你是否和
that you have had an affair with Holly Westfall?
霍利·韦斯特福尔有婚外情
Objection, Your Honor.
反对 法官阁下
For the life of me, I can't figure out the relevance here.
我拿性命担♥保♥ 这与本案无任何关联
The relevance is that Mr. McVeigh has changed
关联就是麦克维先生改变了证词
his testimony to align with the prosecutor's expert.
以便与检察官的专家的证词达成一致
Bias from an affair is completely relevant.
由于婚外情导致的偏见就百分之百相关了
This is more melodrama, Your Honor.
这简直就像是情景剧 法官阁下
The defense is having trouble sticking to the facts.
辩方现在已经没办法就事论事了
Again, I am a jury of one here.
再说一遍 我就是全部的陪审团
I will allow some leeway in questioning
我会给询问留出一些自♥由♥的空间
then rule on the relevance for the jury.
而不是为陪审团去纠结相不相关
You may proceed.
你可以继续了
Isn't it true, Mr. McVeigh,
请回答我 麦克维先生
that you have had an affair with Holly Westfall?
你是否与霍利·韦斯特福尔有婚外情
And isn't that the reason that
这是不是你
you've changed your testimony?
改变证词的原因
What is the point?
到底是为了什么
What?
什么
What is the point of all this?
这一切到底是为了什么
To zealously represent our clients. Right.
热情饱满地为客户服务 没错
Diane knows it better than anyone.
这一点戴安比所有人都做得好
And the ethics of it?
那道德准则呢
Hey, ethics change.
道德准则都会变的
We're all adults here.
我们都是成年人了
Things used to be simpler.
过去一切都简单多了
No.
不
Things were never simple.
从来不曾简单过
Well, that was effective.
你们的盘问很有效
So the jury doesn't get the new ballistics test.
陪审团不会得知新的弹道测试了
It was all for naught.
瞎忙活一场
Yup. You have an offer?
没错 有新的和解条件了吗
One year.
一年
No. Probation.
不行 缓刑
One year probation. No jail time.
缓刑一年 不用坐牢
The governor resigns from his governorship.
但他要辞去州长一职
We could wait for a verdict.
我们可以等陪审团的结论
Yes, you could.
是 你可以等
But Peter won't want that.
但彼得可不愿意
Why?
为什么
He's guilty.
因为他有罪
We'll consider it.
我们会考虑你的条件
Do.
务必
He won't get better.
这是最好的结果了
What do you think?
你怎么想
It's up to you.
这是你的决定
But what do you think?
但你是怎么想的
I would take it.
我会接受
It's amazing we've come this far.
能走到这一步已经很了不起了
This jury is unpredictable.
这次的陪审团令人难以预料
You take the plea, you don't spend one day in jail.
你接受的话 一天也不用在监狱里待
My career will be over.
我的职业生涯就走到尽头了
I think it's over anyway, isn't it?
无论结果如何都要结束了 不是吗
What are you gonna do?
你打算怎么办
I'm gonna take the deal.
我会接受这个条件
But I need one more favor.
但我还要你帮个忙
I'll announce tomorrow.
我明天公布消息
Stand by my side.
陪我一起
Sure.
没问题
What do I do now?
我现在该怎么做
Go to him.
去找他
You're done with Peter.
你和彼得已经结束了
Like a fever, it's over.
就像高烧 已经退了
Jason's not you.
杰森不是你
Hmm. Very few people are me.
是我的人少之又少
He's a boy.
他还是个男孩子
He likes boy things.
他很孩子气
You like boy things.
你也很孩子气
No, I don't. What makes you say that?
我不喜欢 你为什么这么说
God, you have so little self-awareness.
天啊 你太不了解自己了
What if I'm unhappy with him?
如果我和他在一起不开心怎么办
Blame me. Seriously,
那就怪我 说真的
do you want to live here alone?
你想在这里孤独终老吗
Look at this place. It'll drive you crazy.
看看这地方 会把你逼疯的
You're right.
你说得对
Then go to him. It's not too late.
那就去找他 还不算太晚
I'll love you forever.
我会永远爱你
I'm okay with that.
我没意见
Hey, where's Jason?
杰森在哪里
Gone. Why?
走了 怎么了
Where?
去哪儿了
I don't know.
我不知道
I tried his cell. No luck.
我打过他手♥机♥ 没联♥系♥上
Hey, Jason. Where are you?
喂 杰森 你在哪儿
I need to talk. I...
我得和你谈...我...
It's over.
一切都结束了
Peter's taking the plea.
彼得打算认罪
My daughter is going to school,
我的女儿要去上大学了
and I...
而我...
I need to see you.
我得和你见一面
Call me back, please.
回我电♥话♥ 拜托了
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表