No. The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act is the problem--
《合法枪♥械♥买♥♥卖♥♥保护♥法♥》中的相关规定
it makes it impossible to recover against anyone in the gun industry.
导致无法向枪♥支♥买♥♥卖♥♥行业的人进行索赔
No one has tried civil claims tied to tourism.
还没有人试图将民事索赔跟旅游业联♥系♥在一起
So, y... I'm sorry, what?
所以... 不好意思 什么
We are countersuing for damages, Your Honor.
我们要反诉并索赔 法官阁下
Really? How does that work?
真的 这怎么行得通
Your Honor, did you want to know how that works?
法官阁下 你想知道怎么行得通的吗
I do, thank you.
我想 谢谢
The plaintiff here can't show losses.
原告方面并没有承受损失
We've gone through her books twice.
我们看了两次她的账本
But our client can.
但我们的委托人可以
Mr. Dargis owns a motel in the neighborhood,
达吉斯先生在附近开了家旅店
and his losses are directly related to the increase in gun violence.
他的损失随着枪♥支♥暴♥力♥的增多而增加
Excuse me, but congress has made this kind of lawsuit impossible.
对不起 但国会已经明令禁止了这类索赔案
The Protection of Lawful Commerce...
《合法枪♥械♥买♥♥卖♥♥保护♥法♥》
PLCAA contains exceptions, one of which
《合法枪♥械♥买♥♥卖♥♥保护♥法♥》规定了例外条款
is the Predicate Statute Exception.
其中一条就是基于其他法规例外
If Gloria's Guns' activities violated another existing law,
如果格洛丽亚枪♥械♥店违反了其他现行法律
her immunity is stripped.
她就失去了豁免权
And what statute did she violate?
她违反了什么法律
The Illinois Promotion Act.
《伊利诺伊州促进法》
What is that?
这是什么东西
An act of the legislature promoting tourism.
一部促进旅游业的法律
20 ILCS 665 declares that
《伊利诺伊州促进法》第二十章665条中规定
the state must increase the economic impact
要在全州范围内推广旅游业
of tourism throughout the state.
促进旅游业的经济收入
This is a joke. No, this is a law.
这就是个笑话 不 这是法律
Gloria's sale of thousands of crime guns undermines tourism,
格洛丽亚售出的枪♥支♥影响了旅游业的发展
and our client has a tourism business that is suffering.
我们委托人的旅游产业受到了损害
Your Honor, the Federal courts have ruled that the statute
法官阁下 联邦法♥院♥判决各州
must be directly applicable to firearms.
必须严格遵守相关的枪♥支♥法条
Not all. And circuit splits are exactly
并不是 巡回法庭的判例
what bubbles up to the Supreme Court.
也会向上反映到最高法♥院♥
Illinois needs its own guidance on this issue.
就类似案件 伊利诺伊州需要符合民情的指导
Okay! You had me at Supreme Court.
好的 最高法♥院♥戳中我了
Counselors, let's make some law.
律师们 我们来立些法条吧
Come on back with your arguments,
准备好你们的辩词
and we'll contend.
我们再来讨论
Good day in court?
今天开庭开得不错
Uh, yes, actually.
的确是的
You're not drinking?
你不喝酒
I'm trying to go easier.
我想过得健康点
Well... to going easier.
好吧... 为过得健康干一个
Have you, uh, given it more thought?
你有没有再考虑一下
An all-female firm?
一家全女性的事务所
All female name partners.
冠名合伙人都是女性而已
I don't want to hurt Cary.
我不想伤害凯里
Well, you won't be doing anything.
你不用做什么的
I will offer to buy him out.
我来认♥购♥他的份额
But what if he doesn't want to be bought out?
如果他不想就这么走的话怎么办
Then we'll talk.
那么我们就跟他谈
I wouldn't be doing this
如果不是凯里和大卫·李已经开始对付我
if Cary and David Lee weren't already making moves against me.
我也不会这么做
I just want to know where you'll land.
我只是想知道你怎么选择
I'm asking you to land with me.
我邀请你来我这边
Lucca Quinn isn't happy.
卢卡·奎恩不太高兴
She's downstairs, in a cubicle, being given grunt work
她在楼下的一个隔间里做些杂活
when I think she is one of the smartest lawyers in the firm.
但我觉得她是律所里最聪明的律师之一
You're asking me to promote her?
你是让我给她升职
I want to be at a firm that recognizes talent.
我想在一所能慧眼识人的律所里工作
All right, let me take another look.
好吧 让我再想想
Uh, would you excuse me for just... just a minute.
抱歉 我先失陪一下
Why don't you call him.
你为什么不给他打个电♥话♥
Maybe it was just a friend.
可能就只是个朋友
Or... an old flame or...
或者是一个旧情人
I don't know.
我不知道
Why does it even matter?
这能算什么事啊
You're the one drinking.
你是喝酒的那个
Maybe it doesn't.
可能没那么重要
I mean, I didn't want to... marry him.
我又没想嫁给他
I don't want to... tie him down.
我也不想限制他
And you're married.
而你结婚了
I have issues on this front.
我这方面有些问题
Husbands who screw around,
有个到处沾花惹草 撒谎
who lie, who leave me in tears.
抛弃我 让我孤身哭泣的丈夫
You're not in tears now.
你现在没哭
You're right.
你说得对
I'm not.
我没哭
That's a sign of growth, right?
这是成长的象征 是吧
Or something. Scar tissue.
或者是别的东西 愈合的伤口
Maturity.
成熟
Cynicism.
愤世嫉俗
You expect the worst in people,
对别人不抱有期待
you'll never be disappointed.
也就不会受到伤害
Right.
没错
You think this is the worst of Jason?
你觉得这是杰森最坏的程度了吗
No. I didn't say that.
不是 我可没这么说
He didn't promise you anything, right?
他没给你任何承诺 不是吗
He didn't, did he?
他没有 是吧
No, but I was becoming...
还没 但我开始
invested.
投入感情了
I liked it.
我喜欢这种感觉
I liked being with him.
我喜欢和他在一起
So why can't you keep it up?
你为什么不继续
Become another face in his harem?
成为他后宫的一员
Have fun.
开心就好
Start your own harem.
自己建个后宫
When you stop having fun, say good-bye.
玩够之后 就分道扬镳
Oh, God, this isn't who I am.
天啊 这可不是我
You don't know who you are.
你不知道你是谁
No one knows who they are.
没有人知道自己是谁
Talk to Jason.
和杰森聊聊
He likes you.
他喜欢你
And maybe it was just a friend.
可能真的只是个朋友
So, are we still on for tonight?
今晚约吗
Can I... get back to you on that?
我一会再回复你好吗
Yeah. Sure.
好的
Grand jury stuff?
大陪审团的事
Yes. That, too. Right.
是的 还有那个
All right, so about what I found out.
好 那么关于我发现的事情
Your daughter.
关于你女儿的
Oh. Right.
对
Dear God, I'm falling apart.
天啊 我脑子都乱套了
All right, Genuine Thought--
好吧 诚实思想
it's big business in the fight against student plagiarism.
它主要用于对抗学生抄袭
The software designers have acknowledged
软件的开♥发♥者承认
they're having problems with false positives,
他的软件经常报出假阳性结果
which is why the company has settled a few lawsuits last year.
这是为什么那家公♥司♥去年和解了几桩诉讼
Wait, false positives how?
等下 怎么会报出假阳性结果
It might tag a section as plagiarism when,
软件可能认定一段文字为抄袭
in fact, it's just a phrase in common usage.
实际上 这只是一些常用的词句
For example, in one paper they flagged:
比如在一篇文章中他们标出
"There's not enough money to go around,"
没有足够的钱出去旅游
Or "According to conventional wisdom"
或者 根据普世的观点
as plagiarized, when in fact they're just sort of clichés.
作为抄袭 其实只是一些套用的句子
Unoriginal, but not plagiarized.
不是原创 但不是抄袭
So, what do I do?
那我怎么办
Well, you need to find out what they're saying is plagiarized.
你需要找出他们认为抄袭的那段
They won't tell me-- they say it breaks policy.
他们不会告诉我的 说这违背条例
They don't want more lawsuits.
他们也不希望有更多诉讼
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表