Do you want me to sit here?
要我坐在这儿吗
No, here is fine.
这边就好
You're Kristen Balko? Yes.
你是克里斯汀·伯考吗 是的
And you're VP of Information Security at Running Milk?
你是快运牛奶公♥司♥的信息安全副总吗
That's right.
是的
Um, is this part of the test?
这也是测试的一部分吗
No, just the pre-test.
不是 只是预测试
Think of this as a practice run.
当做练习就好
We gather some background information,
我们收集一些背景信息
then go over the questions you'll be asked.
然后再重新问你一遍
You're gonna tell me the questions on the test before the test?
你是要在测试前告诉我测试题吗
That's right.
是的
Isn't that cheating?
这不算是作弊吗
Uh, no, it isn't like the movies, Ms. Balko.
不 这不像电影里那样 伯考女士
There are no "Gotcha moments""
不会有什么「逮到你了」的情节
You'll know every question beforehand.
你事先就能知道所有的问题
Okay, got it.
好的 明白了
Fire away.
开始问吧
Have you ever shared confidential materials
你是否曾将机密资料泄露给
with individuals not employed with Running Milk?
非快运牛奶公♥司♥的雇员
No, never.
没有 从来没有
Am I supposed to answer?
我应该要回答吗
Anything you want.
想说什么就说什么
Have you ever stolen anything from your workplace?
你有没有偷过公♥司♥的东西
Never.
没有
Have you ever lied to the company?
你对公♥司♥撒过谎吗
No.
没有
I lied.
我撒谎了
You did steal materials from the workplace?
你偷了公♥司♥的东西
No, I lied by saying I never lied to the company.
不 我的确对公♥司♥撒过谎
Could you be more specific?
能具体讲讲吗
When I applied, in my resume,
我应聘的时候
I told them that I worked as a VP of Information Technology
简历上曾写到 我在之前的公♥司♥
at a previous company.
做的是信息安全副总
But there was no VP of Information Technology.
但实际上我没做过信息安全副总
Oh, that's it? Yes, what do you mean?
就这样吗 是的 你指什么
They fired you because you said you were a VP
他们开除你是因为你伪造简历
on your resume?
说自己做过副总吗
No, they fired me because I lied in the lie detector test.
不 是因为我被测谎仪检测出说谎了
But that wasn't the point of the lie detector test, right?
但这不是用测谎仪测谎的原因 是吗
They were trying to find someone who stole confidential materials.
公♥司♥是想查出是谁偷取了机密信息
Right.
是的
And you didn't do that.
你没偷
Did you try to explain that to your boss?
你有没有试着跟你老板解释一下
Yes, but they said I lied to the company,
试过了 但他们说我向公♥司♥撒了谎
so they could fire me.
所以他们可以开除我
That's why I'm suing.
所以我才要起诉
Silicon Valley's a very provincial town.
硅谷是个小地方
I can't get a job anywhere.
出了这事我就找不到工作了
Well, The Polygraph Protection Act
《雇员测谎保护♥法♥》
keeps an employer from forcing you to take a lie detector test,
可以保护雇员 避免他们被强制测谎
but there are exceptions.
但也有例外
Theft.
比如涉及偷窃时
Uh, Kristen, this is our investigator Jason.
克里斯汀 这是我们的调查员 杰森
Hi. But I didn't steal anything.
你好 但我没偷东西啊
Yes, but it was the reason for the polygraph.
是的 但这是公♥司♥进行测谎的原因
They caught you in another lie, but...
他们发现你撒了别的谎 但是...
They need corroborating evidence.
他们需要确凿的证据
Right.
的确
And they couldn't have fired her
除非他们已经掌握了相关证据
unless they already had some evidence that she lied on her resume?
能证明她伪造简历 不然就没法开除她
Did they, Kristen?
他们有证据吗 克里斯汀
Have evidence I lied?
有我撒谎的证据吗
No, I don't think so.
我觉得没有
The whole point of the polygraph was about this theft.
测谎主要是为了查偷取机密信息的事
Okay, um, why don't you give us the day to think about it?
好的 那不如给我们点时间来思考对策吧
Actually, I don't have a day.
事实上 我没时间了
Mr. Canning told me you'd be able to move faster than he could.
坎宁先生说你能比他更快得解决这事
Louis Canning? Yes.
路易斯·坎宁吗 是的
He already filed the suit,
他本来已经接下了我的案子
but he got busy with another case,
但他后来又有其他案子要忙
and he thought you'd be good to take it over.
他觉得这个案子你也能胜任
I'm sure he did.
当然了
All right, I will see if they have any corroborating evidence.
我会去查查看他们是否掌握了确凿的证据
Good, a polygraph can't be the sole basis for firing.
一次测谎不能作为开除员工的唯一依据
So what-- cap my work off at five hours?
那么 我这次有五个小时工时
Yeah. Okay.
行啊 好的
So, what did you find out about insurance?
保险的事你了解得怎么样了
Oh, yeah. Malpractice insurance is a fortune,
渎职保险要花一大笔钱
but we could bundle it.
但是我们可以把它绑在别的保险上
I can get a rider to your homeowner's policy,
我可以在你房♥屋保险上附个合同
and just split the increase in your premium?
分用你保险金的溢价 怎么样
Will the coverage extend to Jason?
能延伸支付杰森的保险吗
No, he's a freelancer.
不行 他是自♥由♥职业者
I don't think it's a problem.
我不知道还要考虑他
Did you know he used to be a lawyer?
你知道他以前也是律师吗
No.
不知道
He practiced in New Jersey.
他是在新泽西州做律师的
He was disbarred for a criminal conviction.
但他因为刑事犯罪被吊销了执照
He punched a judge.
他打了个法官
He punched a judge?
他打了个法官
Yep. Why?
没错 为什么呢
I guess he didn't like his decision.
我想是他对法官的判决不满吧
And you're worried about the insurance?
你是在担心保险的事吗
Yeah, if Jason beats up someone on the job...
是的 如果杰森工作的时候打了人...
Yeah, well, due diligence.
好吧 尽职调查
We should find out what happened.
我们得查查看到底发生了什么
Okay, I'm gonna call New Jersey.
好 我会打去新泽西州问问
See if I can talk to the judge.
看看能不能跟那个法官聊一聊
What's up, Eli?
怎么了 伊莱
What's the best thing about Peter?
彼得最出色的一点在哪儿
Excuse me?
什么
I need a quote from you for Peter's bio.
我要为彼得的小传引用一句你的话
Do you need it to be true?
要我说实话吗
True adjacent.
差不多就行了
Peter's motto is "Service above self.
彼得的座右铭是 「为人♥民♥服务高于一切
"My family has benefitted from it, now America can."
我的家人受惠于此 现在美国也行」
Eli, that's...
伊莱 这...
I know, it's nauseating. Help me out.
我懂 很恶心 帮帮我
Eli?
伊莱
Over here.
在这儿
Just a second, Alicia.
稍等 艾丽西娅
I thought this was a staff meeting.
我以为这是员工会议
It is.
没错
Turn off your cell phone
你关上你的手♥机♥
and I'll turn off mine.
我也会关上我的
What is it? An Alabama Slammer.
这是什么酒 阿♥拉♥巴马监狱
Yeah. I like them strong.
就是这效果 我喜欢这种强烈的味道
Confusion to our enemies.
我们的敌人很疑惑这点
So, what are we discussing, Ruth?
我们要谈什么 鲁斯
What makes Eli Gold tick?
怎样能让伊莱·戈德认可
Uh, I know how this works, Ruth.
我知道你的花招 鲁斯
Unless you're trying to seduce me, which I very much doubt,
除非你想要引诱我 我觉得不太可能
you get me drunk, you pretend to be drunk
否则你就是要灌醉我 而你装醉
and you find out more about me
然后问出更多我的事
than I find out about you.
而不让我问出太多
Oh, Eli, you're too suspicious.
伊莱 你太多疑了
You're a new tree in my forest.
你是我树林里的一棵新树
I want to know more about that tree, that's all.
我不过是想多了解了解这棵树罢了
Because unless I chop it down,
因为除非我砍了它
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表