But we can also always keep track of what you need--
你的要求我们能尽量满足
a heart or a liver.
不管心脏还是肝脏
You can extract them intact?
你能将这些器官完整地取出来吗
Yes. We know where not to grab.
是的 我们知道哪里不能碰
Then we don't squash the part of the specimen you need.
所以我们不会挤压到你想要的那个部分
And you can change its position?
你能改变胎位吗
If we need to. Again, ultrasound helps.
如果有必要的话 超声有很大用处
With the added dilation, we can change it to a breach.
让它膨胀一点 就可以完全反转
So? So?
怎么 怎么样
So you have to tell me what you're thinking.
你得告诉我你在想什么
I can't guess. I think you can.
我可不会猜心 我觉得你可以
Well, you're against abortion, so my guess is you're repul...
你反对堕胎 所以我猜你...
I'm a human being. And yes, I am appalled
我是个人 是的 我惊呆了
by a doctor calmly eating yogurt
这个医生不紧不慢地一边吃着酸奶
while talking about selling...
一边在说卖♥♥...
No, not selling. $100 a specimen.
不是卖♥♥ 一百美元一个器官
To preserve, package and deliver.
保存 包装 传送
That is legal.
这是合法的
Oh, God, do you hear yourself? Parts of babies.
听听你在说什么 这些都是婴儿的器官
Preserving, packaging and delivering parts of babies.
保存 包装 传送婴儿的器官
Parts of fetuses.
胎儿的器官
So you don't think there's anything wrong with that video?
所以你觉得那段录像没什么不妥的是吗
I think it's shop talk.
我觉得这就是在闲聊
I think if you listen to any two doctors...
如果你听到两个医生...
Or abortionists. ...talking over drinks or yogurt
或者堕胎的人 一边喝着饮料或吃着酸奶
about an appendix removal, it would sound just as bad.
一边聊切除阑尾 听起来也会很糟的
So you know it's bad? No, I know it's an effective
所以你觉得很糟 不 我知道这样宣传
piece of propaganda. That's all.
效果会很好 仅此而已
And why is it so effective?
为什么效果会很好呢
Because the majority of Americans
因为大多数美国人支持堕胎
only support abortion if they don't have to face the fact
只是因为他们不用直面这个问题
of it, if they don't have to hear the talk
只是因为他们不用听到医生谈论
about where to squash...
要去挤压胎儿的哪里...
The majority of Americans only support anything
大多数美国人支持的事情
if they don't have to face the fact of it.
都是那些他们自己不用面对的事
How the hamburger ended up on their plate.
汉堡如何出现在他们的盘子里
Except this has a face.
但这个是例外 这是个人
It's not an appendix.
不是什么阑尾
It's a human being.
而是个实实在在的人
Well, that's the difference between us.
那就是我们俩之间的不同了
I don't believe it.
我不信这些
How did you even get it? The video?
这东西你是怎么拿到的 录像吗
Citizens for Ethical Medicine. Oh, God.
公民道德医学组织 我的天
That radical anti-abortion group?
那个激进的反堕胎组织
It's not radical. Why is something
它不激进 为什么仅仅因为你不赞成
radical merely because you disagree with it?
就要说它是激进的呢
What, they pretended to be
他们假装自己是生物工程公♥司♥
a bioengineering firm needing human tissue?
说需要人体组织吗
Aborted fetal organs.
被堕胎的胎儿器官
And what-- you're-you're planning to do what with that?
然后怎样 你打算怎么做
Sue. Who?
起诉 起诉谁
Her. Her organization. For what?
她 和她所属的机构 告什么
Well, that's where you come in. No.
找你就是为了这个 不
It's not about you being a lawyer. Oh, really? Thank you.
不是要让你去做辩护律师 是吗 谢谢
It's about you telling me how Mr. Dipple can sue.
是希望你告诉我迪普尔先生该怎么起诉
Well, he can grow a uterus.
他可以去培育一个子♥宫♥
You don't have standing.
你们没有可起诉的点
What are you gonna sue for?
你想起诉什么
Selling of fetuses. No.
非法贩卖♥♥胎儿 不行
What, $100? That's nothing.
告一百美元吗 毫无意义
The repositioning of fetuses for a breech birth?
非法改变胎儿胎位使之臀位分娩
That's it. No.
就是这个 不行
Right?
不是吗
You need a woman who had an abortion there,
你得找到一个在那儿堕胎的女子
a woman who was lied to about the procedures,
院方向她欺瞒了相关的手术事宜
and a woman who suffered measurable harm as a result.
并且她必须因此受到重大伤害
Those are the three criteria? Yes.
要这三个条件 是的
You have someone?
你手上有这样的案例
You tell me.
你说呢
Stacy Groom. 27 years old.
斯泰茜·格鲁姆 二十七岁
Had an abortion, regretted it.
堕胎之后又后悔了
She fulfills all three criteria.
她符合那三个条件
I'm not asking you to take her case.
我不是在要你接下她的案子
I won't take her case.
我不会接的
I'm asking you to cross-examine her.
我是想让你去盘问她一下
Do your worst. See if she's ready for court.
下狠手 看看她有没有准备好上法庭
Mr. Crouse. Can you start today?
克劳斯先生 你今天就能开始吗
Sure. What do you need?
当然 需要我做什么
Information on this woman.
查查这个女人
She regrets an abortion
她后悔去堕了胎
and is suing the abortion clinic.
现在准备告堕胎诊所
What's the cap on hours?
我有几个工时的限制
Cap?
限制
Whenever the work is done, it's done.
需要几个小时就算几个小时
I'm on my way.
现在就去
The bills are piling up
账单越来越多
and we do not have enough revenue
我们没有足够的收入
coming in to pay our bills,
来支付这些支出
so we need to compensate.
我们还得赔钱
We can't keep living DUI to DUI.
我们不能靠接酒驾的案子活
I'm open to suggestions. Well, for one thing,
有什么建议只管说 首先
we need to ration. We're spending too much
我们得按需配比 我们花太多钱
on investigator hours.
在调查员的调查工时上了
Should I leave? No.
我是不是该走了 不用
Look, we still need to be effective.
我们还是要将钱花在刀刃上
We can't ration our way to success.
靠省是成功不了的
Then what? We cancel our Westlaw subscription
那怎么办 取消万律法律数据信息库的订阅
and we double our efforts to bring in new clients.
加倍努力找新客户
We eat what we kill.
「谁打到的猎物谁吃肉」
What does that mean?
这是什么意思
It means that Lucca and I both get two-thirds
就是说卢卡和我 谁找来的客户
of whatever business we bring in. No more 50-50.
谁就拿三分之二的酬劳 不对半分了
It'll make us hungrier, work harder.
这样更能激励我们 让我们更努力工作
If you want it, I want it. I want it.
你要想这样的话我同意 我想这样
Where you going?
你去哪儿
Business lunch.
商务午餐
Thank you for agreeing to meet.
谢谢你同意跟我见面
What do you need?
你想怎样
I'm a fan.
我很欣赏你
Uh, here, have some wine.
来点儿酒吧
I... I-I'd pour it, but it'd...
我想给你倒来着 但会...
...get all over the place.
泼得到处都是
How exactly are you a fan?
你到底欣赏我哪一点
The T-Port case.
便携科技案
You're scrappy, you're aggressive.
你很有冲劲 很主动
You deserve better.
你值得更好的
What's better? $90,000 a year.
什么更好 年薪九万
Another 30 guaranteed as bonus.
外加三万奖金 保证到帐
Plus ten percent of whatever business you bring in.
再加你带来的业务给10%的提成
No, thanks.
不了 谢谢
You're four years out of law school, Lucca.
你从法学院毕业才四年 卢卡
You don't have that much room to negotiate.
你没有太多谈判筹码
Oh, I'm not negotiating.
我没有在谈判
I just don't want to be bait.
我只是不想成为诱饵
You're trying to lure Alicia, right?
你想把艾丽西娅吸引过来 对吧
So, either make it clear why you want me
所以你要么说清楚为什么想要我
or save your money.
要么就把钱省下吧
Hey, Mom?
妈妈
I want to help.
我想帮忙
Don't worry, we'll be fine.
别担心 我们没事
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表