Andrea Stevens
安德丽娅·斯蒂芬
has subpoenaed your computer and your phone,
要求将你的手♥机♥和电脑列为证物
so we need to know:
我们得知道
Did you write "Good Morning Magic Sunshine"
你是否在与GFC唱片的合同生效期间
while you were under contract for G.F.C?
创作了「早安 魔法阳光」
No.
不是
ChummyVideo time-stamps every posting,
查查视频网给所有视频都标注了上传时间
and we've confirmed you posted the song
我们已经确定你上传于30号♥
11:42 pm on the 30th,
晚上11点42分
which means the contract was still valid.
这就表示当时合同还未失效
Wait.
等等
Where is ChummyVideo centered?
查查视频网的总部在哪儿
What do you mean?
什么意思
Well, it's California,
是在加州
right? It's a California company.
没错吧 那是家加州的公♥司♥
That's right. That's right.
说得对 说得对
Lucca, that's-that's totally right!
卢卡 你说得太对了
Are you saying the time zone made a difference?
你的意思是时区有影响吗
Yes, I posted the video
没错 我是在晚上11点42分
11:42 pm.
上传的
pacific time, which means...
太平洋时间 也就是
1:42 a.m. Chicago time.
芝加哥时间凌晨1点42
Yeah, which means the contract's expired.
对 也就是说当时合同已经到期了
Yeah, but you wrote the song in that short of a time?
但你这么短时间就写出了这首歌♥吗
Yes, that's how all of my songs come.
是啊 我所有的歌♥都是这么写出来的
Trust me when I say I know when the damn contract ended.
相信我 我知道这该死的合同什么时候到期
And the minute the clock struck midnight, I celebrated.
午夜时针一过 我就开始庆祝
I had people over to my house.
我请大家到我家来庆祝
Unfortunately, I woke up my son,
不幸的是 吵醒了我儿子
and I tried to get him to go back to sleep,
我努力让他继续入睡
and when it didn't work,
一直不奏效
I wrote "Good Morning Magic Sunshine."
我就写了「早安 魔法阳光」这首歌♥
You improvised it on video?
你即兴表演还录了下来吗
Yeah, it's pretty cool, right?
是啊 很酷 对吧
I keep telling you guys,
我都跟你们说了
it's just a song I wrote for my kid.
这就是我给孩子写的一首歌♥
I would really like to buy you a drink.
我真的很想请你喝一杯
Why?
为什么
Because you are awesome.
因为你很出色
How long have you been married, Rowby?
你结婚多久了 罗比
I've never been married.
我没结过婚
I wrote you a song.
我给你写了首歌♥
So who was holding the camera?
拿摄像机的人是谁
What camera?
什么摄像机
When you were playing for your son?
你给你儿子弹奏的时候
You were playing the guitar, your son was in bed,
你儿子在床上时 你给他弹吉他
and someone was holding the camera.
有人拿着摄像机在拍
Who was that?
是谁啊
We're divorced.
我们离婚了
She wanted a two-car garage,
她想要个两车位的车♥库♥
and... I couldn't give it to her.
我买♥♥不起
True story.
都是真的
You're like a Bond girl.
你就像邦德女郎
I like artists,
我喜欢艺术家
but I lose interest in them real quick.
但也很快就会厌倦
You want to go home?
你想回家吗
Sure. I have a babysitter.
当然 我有保姆
Is your home an artist's hovel?
你家跟艺术家的窝一样脏乱臭吗
Yes, but tomorrow's cleaning day.
是啊 但明天就是清洁日
My apartment.
去我的公♥寓♥
Just for an hour.
就一个小时
Then you'll go home.
然后你回家
I proise.
我保证
It was just, like... boom!
就像 嘣的一声
It wasn't there, and then all of a sudden, it was there.
本来没有 突然间就有了
It was, uh, like, this-this, um, like, creative orgasm.
就像是创造高♥潮♥来了
Like a burst of creativity.
像创意迸发
Yes, like a... yes.
对 对
And I just, I sat there,
我就坐在那
and I just watched the clock
看着钟
until my contract expired,
直到我的合约到期
and then I was like, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang.
然后我的灵感砰砰砰就出来了
And I wrote, like, eight songs, one after another, like, boom.
我写了差不多八首歌♥ 一首接一首
And is that common to be able to generate a good,
这么短时间内创造出一首
quality song in such a short amount of time?
好质量的歌♥曲 这寻常吗
The song "Yesterday," McCartney woke up
麦卡特尼一觉醒来 脑子里
with that in his head.
就有了「昨日」的旋律
Thank you. Mr. Canton, do you mind if I ask,
谢谢 坎顿先生 你介意我问一下
how long did it take you to write
你写第二张专辑的八首歌♥
the eight songs for your second album?
共用了多长时间吗
I don't know. Years?
我不知道 几年吧
Two years, actually.
事实上 是两年
So it took two years for eight songs,
所以你写八首歌♥用了两年
and then, let's see, two hours for the next eight?
突然间 只用两小时就写出另外八首吗
I was just under a lot of pressure to write the first eight songs.
我在写头八首歌♥时 承受了巨大的压力
My goodness, that must be quite a bit of pressure for you.
天哪 压力应该是相当大
Objection, Your Honor.
反对 法官阁下
I withdraw that. It's not a big point.
我撤回刚才所说的 没什么大不了的
So can you help me understand
你能帮我理解下
this note you left on your subpoenaed smartphone?
你这部作为证物的手♥机♥上的这条备忘录吗
It's a lyric from "Good Morning Magic Sunshine."
这是「早安 魔法阳光」里的一句歌♥词
It says, "Make me warm and toasty
写着 "我懒洋洋的躺着
while I lay here warm and cozy,"
阳光温暖地洒在我身上"
and it's dated 23 days before the end of your record contract.
编辑日期显示距离合同到期日还有23天
Uh, I wrote that down, but that's not a lyric.
是我写的 但那不是歌♥词
I'm pretty sure it is.
我很确定这是
No, it ended up as a lyric.
不 只是它最终变成了歌♥词
It's just, it's something that my son said.
那就是我儿子说的话
Like, he said something totally cute and awesome,
就好比是 他说了句又机智又好的话
and I wrote it down.
我记了下来
Which, according to the terms of your deal with G.F.C Records,
根据你跟G.F.C唱片公♥司♥的合同条款
constitutes work product
在合同期限范围内
created within the term of your contract.
创造出来的东西算是工作成果
You're claiming that you own the copyright to that line?
你是说你拥有这句歌♥词的版权吗
Absolutely.
没错
That's absurd on its face.
真是荒谬透顶
They don't own everything his kid says
不能就因为他记下了他儿子说的话
just because he wrote it down.
他们就拥有版权了
I didn't say "Everything."
我没有说"一切"
Well, that's... Are you seriously...?
真是 你不是吧
I mean, his son... his son...
他儿子 他儿子
His son, Your Honor,
法官阁下 他儿子
his son, Josh's quote was not work product.
他儿子乔希的话不是工作成果
Your Honor, it was inspiration.
法官阁下 这是灵感
"Inspiration" isn't a legal term.
灵感不是法律词汇
It's an artistic conceit.
它是艺术上的幻想
Because Rowby is an artist.
因为罗比是个艺术家
An artist under contract.
一个签了合约的艺术家
But Rowby's contract does not negate the creative process.
但罗比的合约并没有约束到创作过程
He wrote something down that was meaningful to him,
他记下了对他有意义的东西
not knowing it would make its way into a song.
并不知道那会成为一首歌♥
But it did, quite directly.
但它成为歌♥了 相当直接
Josh's quote was the first step in a songwriting process
坎顿先生在与G.F.C.合约期限内
that Mr. Canton began while still under a deal with G.F.C.
乔希的话是他创作歌♥曲的第一步
Think about what she's saying, Your Honor.
法官阁下 想想她说的那些话
A.A. Milne based Christopher Robin on his son,
艾伦·亚历山大·米尔恩基于他儿子
but that doesn't mean
创造了克里斯多芬·罗宾这个人物
he started writing Winnie-the-Pooh
但这不意味着他成为父亲那天
the day he became a father.
就开始写「小熊维尼」了啊
Bob Dylan didn't start writing
鲍勃·迪伦也并非在结婚当天就写了
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表