I'll hold my tongue.
我就说这么多吧
I seem to have touched on a sensitive area.
我好像触及到了敏感地带
Mr. Stryk.
史崔克先生
You keep talking about hit records,
你一直在谈论热门专辑
but Rowby wasn't contractually obligated to deliver a hit album.
但是罗比所签的合同并没有要求他制♥作♥出热门专辑
That's true.
没错
He was obligated to deliver an album
他需要达到的水准是
that was "Substantially similar
"与该艺术家的第一张专辑
in quality and genre to artist's initial album."
质量和风格相似"
Is that true, too?
是这样吗
It is.
是的
No further questions, Your Honor.
没有问题了 法官阁下
Ms. Stevens, anything?
斯蒂芬女士 有话要说吗
Yes. Thank you, Your Honor.
有 谢谢你 法官阁下
Was Mr. Canton's second album
坎顿先生的第二张专辑
"Substantially similar in quality and genre" to his first?
是否达到了「第一张专辑的质量和风格水准」
No, it was not.
没有
Why not?
为什么这么说
Because his first album wasn't substantially bad.
因为他的第一张专辑整体上来说还不算太坏
Objection. Prejudicial.
反对 偏见
Sustained.
有效
Yeah. Sustained.
听到了吧 有效
Mr. Canton, I'm extending you a little rope
坎顿先生 我一直对你比较宽容
because I find you entertaining.
是因为我觉得你还挺有趣的
Don't push it.
别太过分了
I'm sorry, Your Honor.
抱歉 法官阁下
Andrea, the video's back up.
安德丽娅 那个视频又出现了
Wow, you have a bitch of a neighbor downstairs.
你楼下的那个邻居可真够暴躁的
Yeah, I know. She's not happy with us.
是的 她很不喜欢我们
May I help you?
你有什么事吗
Marissa.
我是梅丽莎
Remember? Eli's funny daughter.
还记得吗 伊莱可爱的女儿
I'm here to see your mom.
我是来找你妈妈的
Oh, she'll be back from court in, like, a minute.
她应该马上就会从法庭上回来了
Can I wait?
我能等她回来吗
Oh, and the bitch gave me this.
你的暴躁邻居给了我这个
She's trying to evict us.
她想把我们从这里赶出去
Homeowners' association?
通过业主委员会
Yeah.
是的
We're not supposed to have a home office.
我们无权把住♥宅♥用作办公室
Does anybody have a home office?
还有其他人这么干吗
In the building?
你是说这栋楼里面吗
Yeah, I think so. Why?
我觉得应该还有 怎么了
You should check.
你应该调查一下
All these homeowners' association people think
业主委员会的人都觉得自己
they're above the law.
是执法先锋
Usually they're just as corrupt.
实际上他们也一样不按规矩办事
How do I check?
我要怎么调查
Sit down in the lobby.
在大厅里坐着
Wait for a UPS man or a FedEx man to come,
等着快递员过来送快递
then follow him up to the floor.
然后跟着他们上楼
Whoever gets the most packages, they have the home offices.
那些收到一大堆包裹的 肯定是在家办公的
I know. It's my dad's genes.
我就是这么狡猾
Very sneaky.
我老爸遗传给我的
Hey, Mom, we're in here.
妈妈 你回来了
Marissa, hi.
梅丽莎 你好
Hi.
你好
I'm back in your life again.
我又回到你的生活了
So where were you? Were you back in Israel?
你到哪里去了 回以色列了吗
No, San Francisco.
没有 我去了旧金山
No reason. Someone bet me.
没什么理由 就是跟人打赌
I need a job.
我需要一份工作
Okay.
然后呢
And I wanted to give you first shot at hiring me.
我想把第一个雇佣我的机会交给你
Thank you, uh, but I don't need anyone now.
多谢 但是我现在并不需要人手
Dad said you were taking on all these new clients.
我爸说你最近新接了不少客户
Eli told you that?
伊莱跟你说的
Yeah. He said you might need someone.
是的 他说你可能需要人帮忙
No, I'm good.
不 我不需要
Okay. Will you keep me in mind if things change?
好吧 如果情况有变你会考虑我吗
Sure, but I don't think they will.
没问题 但是我觉得应该不会有什么变化
Okay.
好吧
Is everything all right?
一切都还好吧
Yes. I just don't...
都很好 我只是...
Tell Eli to stop it.
跟伊莱说叫他别这样了
Stop what?
别怎样
Marissa, visit me because you want to,
梅丽莎 我希望来找我是你自己的想法
not because your dad wants you to.
而不是你父亲想让你来
I did because I wanted to.
确实是我自己的想法
Well, I have to get back to court.
好吧 我要回法庭了
Good seeing you again, Marissa.
很高兴见到你 梅丽莎
Same here.
我也一样
Morris Weiner,
我是莫里斯·韦纳博士
PhD. I hold the Pederson Chair
我是布里奇顿的
of Musicology at Bridgeton.
彼得森音乐协会主席
Doctor, what is pop music?
博士 什么是流行音乐
A genre of popular music
一种基于五十和六十年代
based in rock and roll of the '50s and '60s.
摇滚乐产生的音乐流派
And how would you recognize a pop song?
如何分辨一首流行歌♥曲呢
Through its hooks.
通过叠句
Pop songs are all full of hooks.
流行歌♥曲充满了叠句
There's one in the intro,
在开头有
another in the chorus,
副歌♥里也有
there's another in the bridge.
衔接部分也有
And what do you mean by "Hook"?
如何定义"叠句"
It's a short, catchy, repeated riff.
短小的 悦耳的重复小段
It's an earworm.
听了会让人上瘾
And that's all there is to it? The hooks?
就这么多吗 只有叠句
No, uh, pop songs also tend to be nonharmonic
还有 流行歌♥曲一般会以
with pronounced timbrel dissonance.
错落的手鼓进行合声
Four-bar phrasing, a beat-per-minute range
以四四拍为主 每分钟节拍数
between 72 and 85.
在72到85之间
So you're saying that Rowby Canton's
所以你的意思是罗比·坎顿的新专辑
new album didn't have most of these hallmarks?
并不具备这些流行乐的特征
I'm saying it had none of them. Listen.
完全不具备 你听
** I saw a light I'd never seen before *
*我看到了从未见过的光
Yes, yes, you're right.
是的 你说得没错
It's-it's not as catchy, is it?
并不上口 是吧
I keep trying to tap my foot, but...
我试着用脚打节拍 但是...
This was not substantially similar to his first album.
这基本上与他的第一张专辑没有任何共同点
Thank you. No further questions.
谢谢你 没有问题了
"Bohemian Rhapsody."
「波希米亚狂想曲」
The song by Queen. You're familiar with it?
是皇后乐队的歌♥ 你熟悉这歌♥吗
Of course.
当然
And you call that good?
你会说这是首好歌♥
Right? A pop hit?
是吧 一首大热的流行歌♥曲
Well... I would.
这个嘛... 我会
Well, yeah, it-it is. It's a pop hit.
没错 是的 这是一首大热的流行歌♥曲
Could you point out where the hooks are?
你能指出叠句都在哪里吗
Well, you know, not all pop songs are identical.
你要知道 并非所有流行歌♥曲都一模一样
Oh. Well, can I read back your testimony from a few minutes ago?
那好 我能读一下你几分钟前的证词吗
"Pop songs are all full of hooks."
「流行歌♥曲充满了叠句」
Oh, Lucca, I love you.
卢卡 我爱你
Would you like to correct your testimony, sir?
你想要修改你的证词吗 先生
Not all pop songs are identical. Most are identical.
并非所有流行歌♥曲都一模一样 只是大部分罢了
Yeah...
是的...
Uh, sorry. I-I don't think we caught that.
抱歉 我想我们没听清
Right into your microphone there.
请对着麦克风说一遍
Yes, not all pop songs.
是的 并非所有流行歌♥曲
And could you tell us where the four-bar phrases are
你能告诉我们分别有哪些是四小节分句
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表