Yes. Like a safe human
没错 像个遵守交通规则的
that still follows the traffic laws.
更有安全意识的人
But not in the case of keeping a safe two-car distance on the freeway.
但在高速公路上保持两车之间安全距离时并不管用
Wait a minute. Stop ganging up here.
等等 请不要以多欺少
The only reason we added that feature is because human drivers
我们增加这个功能的唯一原因
kept dangerously merging into the safe gap
是人类驾驶员不断使车进入到
left by the T-Port.
便携科技预留的安全距离内
That's why the T-Port has been more aggressive.
所以便携科技才会变得更加主动
In other words, that's why it tailgates?
换句话说 这就是追尾的原因吗
Objection. He didn't say that.
反对 他没说过这话
No. Not tailgates.
不 不是追尾
Look, its human drivers are the ones making roads more dangerous.
是这样 是人类驾驶员让道路变得危险
Th-the t-port is just adapting.
便携科技只是在适应罢了
By being more aggressive, by being more human,
通过变得主动和人性化
Which resulted in this accident.
所以才导致意外发生
No. This accident was caused by humans.
不 这起意外是人类引起的
Then why did you erase the car's hard drive?
那你为什么要清理系统硬盘
I did not erase the hard drive.
我没有清理系统硬盘
Then how did it get erased? Why don't we take a break?
那记录怎么都消失了 不如休息一下吧
No, I'd like to answer that.
不 我想回答这个问题
The hard drive was damaged by the force of the accident.
系统硬盘受到事故的外力作用而损伤了
We're not talking about an airplane's black box here.
那又不是飞机上的黑匣子
It is vulnerable to impact.
受到碰撞时很脆弱的
That's not true.
你在骗人
You've had several other accidents--
之前的几次意外中
Never has there been any data loss.
从未出现过数据丢失的情况
Yes, but that was a realworld... Excuse me.
没错 可这是实打实的... 不好意思
Mr. Brewster's being deposed now.
布鲁斯特先生的证词正在被采集
So, if the accident didn't erase the hard drive, how'd it happen?
那如果意外并未导致数据丢失 原因会是什么
Obviously somebody deliberately erased the data after the fact.
很明显有人在事后抹除了数据
No.
不
Excuse me. Who are you?
不好意思 你是哪位
Anthony Edward Dudewitz.
安东尼·爱德华·杜德维茨
And what this... engineer is suggesting is complete balderdash.
而这位...工程师完全就是在胡说八道
If you don't mind, Mr. Dudewitz...
你不介意的话 杜德维茨先生...
I do mind. I do mind mediocrity.
我很介意 很介意庸人之见
It has a taint, like burned toast,
它是有缺陷的 跟烤吐司一样
and you stink of it.
是你搞臭了它
All right, let me just tell you, Mr. Dudewitz
好了 让我说明一下 杜德维茨先生
is the original developer of the T-Portable.
是便携科技的最初开♥发♥者
He is here as my next witness. I didn't know he'd be here.
他是我方下一位证人 我都不知道他在这儿
Anthony.
安东尼
What? Thief, bungler.
怎么了 你这个贼 蠢蛋
I'll testify if he's gone.
只要他走我就作证
So you work with Mr. Ephraham? Work?
你和以法连先生是同事吗 同事
Yes, I work with the great Charles Ephraham.
没错 我和了不起的查尔斯·以法连是同事
He handles the money; I handle the genius.
他负责财务 我负责技术
And what was your specific involvement with the T-Portable?
关于便携科技你做了哪些具体工作
I designed the interface.
我设计了交互界面
I hired most of these monkeys. Like that idiot.
这些蠢货多数是我雇来的 比如那个笨蛋
Let the record reflect I am nodding to
我说的就是我正点头示意的
the code monkey sitting over there.
坐在那边的那个不懂代码的「原始人」
Am I boring you?
我的话很无聊吗
Oh, far from it. I can't wait to return.
一点都不 我已经归心似箭了
So, regarding the hard drive,
至于硬盘
you said it couldn't have been manually erased?
你说上面的数据不可能被手动清除
Not without leaving some electronic trace.
电子设备上总会留下痕迹的
There is no connection between the designer of the voting machines,
投票机设计者和KLT及弗兰克·朗度之间
KLT, and Frank Landau.
没有联♥系♥
But...?
但是...
How do you know there's a "but"?
你怎么知道我要说「但是」
There's always a "but" with you.
你说话总是有转折
But...
但是
There is a connection between KLT
KLT和一个空壳公♥司♥有某种关系
and a shell company called Pigster Union,
公♥司♥名为皮格斯特尔联盟
owned by none other than Frank Landau's wife.
公♥司♥所有者正是弗兰克·朗度的老婆
Really?
是么
And why is this important?
这为什么很重要
No reason. Just... Something.
不为什么 就是...有点事情
Um, hey, I'm really sorry about last night with Peter.
对了 昨晚彼得突然出现 我很抱歉
Why? Cool guy.
道什么歉 他人挺酷啊
"Cool"? Yeah.
「酷」 是啊
You still owe me mini tacos, by the way.
对了 你还欠我迷你玉米卷呢
I'll get right on that. Hey, one other thing.
我立马去准备 还有件事
This guy...
这个人
Dudewitz? Yeah? Yeah,
杜德威茨吗 他怎么了 对
I've seen him on TED Talk.
我看过他在TED的演讲
You might want to ask him something.
你可以问他几个问题
TED Talk? Really?
你看TED演讲 是么
Yeah. What's wrong?
对啊 怎么了
No, no, you just...
没 没 你只是...
You don't seem like the TED Talk kind of guy.
不像是喜欢看TED演讲的人
Ah. I'm an insomniac.
我失眠嘛
You'd be surprised what I get into late at night.
你会很诧异深夜我都鼓捣些什么
Does that answer your question?
我的回答清楚吗
Can I make it even simpler for you?
要我再说简单些吗
Tell me if these words get too complicated.
如果觉得我说得太复杂了 就跟我说
No. I'm good.
不用了 我能明白
So the hard disk could not have been erased?
你说硬盘数据不可能被清除
Yep. Can I go now?
没错 我能走了吗
Um, actually, just a few questions from me, Mr. Dudewitz.
我还有几个问题 杜德威茨先生
Ah, you. You're back. We've been having fun in here.
你回来啦 刚才我们聊得很愉快呢
I'm glad.
那就好
I guess you devised the fuzzy driving software for the T-Port?
我猜是你为便携科技设计了驾驶软件
Yes. You are correct in your guess.
是的 你猜得没错
And I imagine
我猜想
this is the very definition of A.I., artificial intelligence?
这就是所谓人工智能的定义
How sweet.
真贴心
You helpfully explained what A.I. means.
你很好地解释了什么叫人工智能
You are again correct in your imagination.
你又猜对了
Mr. Dudewitz, what do you think of the future of A.I.?
杜德威茨先生 你对人工智能的未来有何看法
Objection. Speculation.
反对 引导证人推测
It's a proper objection, even in a deposition.
这个反对很合理 就算只是取证
I'll rephrase. What do you think of A.I.?
我换个说法 你怎么看人工智能
What do you want to know? Just ask.
你想知道什么 尽管问好了
Are we in danger from A.I.?
我们受人工智能的威胁吗
I think it's getting smarter.
我认为它越来越智能化
Every day. Learning our boundaries and its boundaries--
一天强过一天 不断学习区分人类与自身的界限
It's evolving.
它在不断进化
I think there will be an adjustment period after it takes over,
待人工智能接管后 人类将会有个调整期
but eventually... Wait, I'm sorry to interrupt.
但最终... 慢着 抱歉插句话
Um, what do you mean by "takes over"?
你说「接管」是什么意思
The Singularity.
就是奇点
When the system is capable of recursive self-improvement,
当系统能够实现递归的自我强化
when it is better at recalibrating,
当它能更好地进行自我校准
expanding and spawning than we are,
扩张与繁殖速度都超过我们时
the brief blip of humanity's reign
人类短暂的统治
will reach its inevitable conclusion.
将不可避免地走到尽头
So you're saying the robots are coming to get us?
你是说机器人将统治人类
No. I hear the ridicule in your voice, Ma'am.
不 我听你这句话有嘲讽之意 夫人
I'm just saying they won't have much use for us.
我是说他们对我们会没有什么用处
Mr. Dudewitz, who else believes that A.I. has the potential to be dangerous?
杜德威茨 还有谁认同人工智能的潜在危险
Elon Musk, stephen Hawking, Bill Gates...
埃隆·马斯克 斯蒂芬·霍金 比尔·盖茨
So this is not an unorthodox position?
就是说这一想法受到人们的普遍赞同
Certainly it's unorthodox-- It's held by geniuses,
当然不是啦 这可是天才的理论
like myself.
比如我本人
The sheep are too busy watching TV.
普罗大众都忙着看电视呢
Thank you, Cary. One last question.
谢谢你 凯里 最后一个问题
How do you think the car's hard drive got erased?
你觉得车载硬盘数据是如何被清除的
Objection.
反对
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表