Lucca Quinn. Representing Maggie Rossum.
卢卡·奎因 玛姬·罗苏姆的律师
Alicia Florrick. The same.
艾丽西娅·福瑞克 也是玛姬·罗苏姆的律师
Carter Schmidt.
卡特·施密特
Representing Colosseum University.
克鲁斯曼大学的律师
Good. We got through that without an argument.
很好 大家和平地相识了
We're well on our way.
一切进展顺利
I'm Geoffrey Solomon. I'll be your spirit guide.
我是杰弗里·所罗门 你们的精神领袖
We will hear evidence and follow the admissibility rules
我们将听取证据并根据伊利诺伊州最高法♥院♥
as determined by Rule 90
90号♥法令
of the Illinois Supreme Court.
决定采纳与否
So, counselors, call your first witness.
律师 传唤第一位证人吧
Why does he get to go first?
为什么他先开始
I'm doing it alphabetically.
我按首字母顺序分得先后
Eh. Convenient.
还真方便
Cary, what are your grievances?
凯里 你有什么不满
How are you... aggrieved?
你怎么...受到了侵害
He's embarrassing in front of clients.
他在客户面前让我难堪
That's code for "Old."
这就是在说「老年人」
And he sticks his nose where it doesn't belong.
他多管闲事
That's code for "Jewish."
这就是在说「犹太人」
You teach at Colosseum
你在克鲁斯曼大学
in the dental hygienist program, Ms. Howe?
教牙科保健课程对吗 豪女士
Yes.
是的
And what subject did you teach my client?
你教我的当事人哪门课
Periodontics.
牙周病学
Are you a periodontist?
你是牙周病医师吗
No. I'm a dental hygienist.
不 我是一个口腔保健师
A licensed dental hygienist?
有口腔保健师的执照吗
Well, I was. I may have let my certification lapse.
我原来有 但是它现在好像失效了
When?
什么时候失效的
Uh, a couple years ago.
几年前吧
13 years ago, actually.
准确的说 是十三年前
And you were never licensed in the state of Illinois.
而且你从来没在伊利诺伊州注册过
I know this isn't court, but I don't think
我知道这不是在法庭上 但是我觉得
she can both ask and answer the questions. Counselor.
她这样又问又答也不好吧 注意一下
How could my client have received an adequate education
如果你不是一位注册的口腔保健师
if you're not a licensed hygienist?
如何保证我的当事人能够接受合格的教育呢
Because I'm a good teacher.
因为我是一个好老师
All my students think so.
我的学生都这么觉得
No further questions.
没有问题了
Where were you licensed?
你原来是在哪注册的
Ohio.
俄亥俄州
And dental anatomy doesn't change
牙齿的结构不会因为
when you cross state lines, does it?
不同的州而改变 对吧
I don't think so.
当然不会
Okay.
好的
Nothing further. Ms. Howe,
没有问题了 豪女士
uh, this is a final exam you gave my client last year.
这是一份你去年给我当事人的期末考试试♥卷♥
Can you please read the first question?
你能看一下第一题吗
"What does the phrenic nerve innervate?"
横膈神经支配哪个部分
What's the answer to that?
答案是什么
Objection, Your Honor.
反对 法官阁下
Oh, no. I-I think we could all benefit from that answer.
驳回 我觉得她的回答对大家都有好处
The exam was multiple choice,
这一题是选择题
and you've put a piece of tape over all the choices.
而你用了一条磁带把选项都盖住了
Right. Uh, go ahead. Remove the tape.
是的 请继续 把磁带拿开
We'll wait.
我们不着急
What's the answer?
答案是什么
"A."
A
No. Actually, it's "D."
错 正确答案是D
Geezer,
怪老头
gargoyle, old fart,
滴水兽 臭老头
Flaccido Domingo.
弗拉西多·多明戈[谐音著名男高音多明戈]
That one hurt especially, given my devotion to the opera.
这个是最伤人的 考虑到我对歌♥剧的热爱
And, uh... and my sexual prowess.
和我的性能力
And you would like this name-calling to stop?
你希望这些取绰号♥的行为停止吗
Yes, I would.
是的
I've spent 30 years in this business.
我在这一行已经做了30年了
I think I deserve a little respect.
我觉得起码还是要对我有点尊重吧
Diane, do you have a minute? And where are you going?
戴安 出来一下 你们去哪
We just need a moment, Howard. Objection.
我们马上就好 霍华德 反对
You cannot have an ex parte conversation
你们不能在我们还在进行审讯的时候
in the middle of our trial.
进行单方面的对话
You're the one who called Howard an old geezer.
是你叫霍华德怪老头的
Okay. I'm not the only one
是的 我不是唯一一个
guilty of a few indiscretions.
言行不得体的人
Cary, please. We're only going through this
拜托 凯里 我们这样做的
to keep Howard from suing.
唯一目的就是不希望霍华德提起诉讼
Are you sure you're not hanging me out to dry?
你确定你不是在让我难堪吗
I want your ex parte communication noted for the record.
我希望你们的单方面谈话能够被记录在案
There is no record, Howard. We're just trying to clear the air.
没什么好记录的 我们只是在澄清一些误会
And I think we have accomplished that,
而且我觉得问题已经解决了
I want to call a witness.
我想要传唤一位证人
You can't call a witness. This isn't a hearing.
你无权传唤证人 这不是听证会
I call Diane Lockhart to the stand.
我要求戴安·洛克哈特出庭作证
Hello, Father.
爸爸 你好
I want to run something by you,
我有些话想跟你说
but I need your undivided attention.
但我希望你能认真听
I'm thinking of taking pole dancing classes.
我打算去上钢管舞课程
What do you think?
你觉得如何
If it makes you happy, dear.
你开心就好 宝贝
Do you know Eyal Naftali?
你听说过埃亚勒·纳夫塔利吗
Is that a club?
是个俱乐部吗
He's the chief of staff to Israel's communications minister.
他是以色列交通部长的幕僚长
He wants to talk to you about running his campaign.
他想和你谈谈关于帮助他竞选的事情
His campaign for what?
他要竞选什么
The Knesset.
以色列议会
And, in a few years, prime minister.
然后 在几年之后 竞选总理
How do you know this?
你是怎么知道这些的
I knew his daughter in the IDF.
我认识他在以色列国防军的女儿
Her dad contacted me.
她爸爸联♥系♥上了我
I see what you're doing.
我明白你在干什么了
I'm giving you the chance to make an impact, Dad.
我是在给你一个制♥造♥「革变」时局的机会
It's "Have" an impact, "Make" a difference.
革变要用「获得」 改变才用「制♥造♥」
You want Netanyahu out, here's your chance.
你想要让内塔尼亚胡下台 这就是你的机会
Mr. Naftali is offering you twice as much as you're making now.
纳夫塔利先生会给你现在两倍的薪水
How do you know what I make?
你怎么知道我现在挣多少钱
I'm a witch.
因为我是个女巫
Talk to him, Dad.
跟他谈谈吧 老爸
What do you have to lose?
你又不会损失什么
82% of Colosseum graduates find employment
克鲁斯曼百分之82的毕业生
within a year of graduation.
都在一年内找到了工作
What employment?
什么样的工作
What do you mean? You said 82%
什么意思 你说82%
find employment within a year of graduating.
都在毕业后的一年内找到了工作
I'm just asking: what kind of employment
我只想问一下
are we talking about here?
到底找到的是什么样的工作
Professional employment? Fast food work?
与专业对口的工作 还是在快餐店打工
Temping, like Maggie? Any employment.
像玛姬那样的临时工 任何工作
How many work less than 15 hours a week?
有多少是一周工作不足15小时的
I have no idea. Well, we do. 33%.
我不清楚 我们清楚 三分之一
How many work minimum wage jobs? We run a highrisk,
有多少是拿最低薪水的 我们管理的
low-functioning population, miss.
是一群高风险 低能力的人群 女士
Fifty-five percent.
百分之55
Why don't you put that in your brochure?
你为什么不把这些写在宣传手册上
Let's not badger, shall we?
我们别纠缠这些了 好吗
The reality is the vast majority of Colosseum students end up
真实的情况是大多数克鲁斯曼的学生在毕业后的
worse off than before they started.
生活反而比他们来上学之前更糟
They wind up unemployable and saddled with massive debt.
他们最终无法就业并且还背上了高额的贷款
Please, Your Honor,
法官阁下 拜托
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表