Yes.
没错
But I'm not sure if I'm ready to come back here.
但我不确定我是不是要回到这里
Well, we would love to tell you...
我们很荣幸地告诉你...
"How"?
怎么
Yes, why don't you come into Diane's office, Yes, good idea.
要不我们先移步戴安的办公室 好主意
and we can talk?
然后我们再详谈
I have a call to make first.
我得先打个电♥话♥
In the office! Just... just right here.
到办公室再打吧 就在这里
...happy with that.
...对此满意
What's wrong? What are they doing here?
怎么回事 他们在这里干什么
G.F.C Records?
你是说GFC唱片
No, Alicia and her partner.
不 艾丽西娅和她的合伙人
I told you. We're on this case together.
我告诉过你 我们一起跟个案子
Are you trying to sabotage us?
你这是要搞破坏吗
Not in our conference room, Cary.
不能在我们的会议室谈 凯里
We have Bea Wilson here.
比·威尔逊在这里
She's thinking of leaving them.
她在考虑离开她们事务所
I didn't know that.
我不知道这一点
Well, get them out of here.
赶紧让他们离开这里
All right, all right! Excuse me.
好吧 好吧 抱歉
Thank you for your attention, everyone. Damon?
谢谢各位请听我说 达蒙
Look, we really wanted to settle this here,
我们衷心希望我们能在这里谈妥
but you've given us no choice.
但是你们让我们别无选择
We are suing your client.
我们要起诉你的客户
For what?
起诉什么
Breach of contract. $3.1 million in damages.
违约 造成了310万美元的损失
Three point what?
三百什么
Look at your contract, buddy.
看看你的合同 哥们
What part of my contract?
哪个部分
It's their costs.
这是他们的成本
Costs? Oh, oh, it's $3.1 million in costs?
成本 310万的成本
Promotional, touring...
促销 巡演...
They didn't promote my album.
他们并没有推销我的专辑
...CD packaging and breakage.
...CD包装和破损损失
Almost everything was online.
几乎所有东西都是线上的
I mean, I don't... I don't... I don't remember
我 我 我不记得
negotiating any of this stuff.
我有谈过这些条款
You probably didn't.
可能你的确没有
It's all pretty boiler-plate.
这些都是格式条款
It's designed to maximize their profits,
这些条款就是用来最大化他们的利润
keep their artists indebted.
剥削艺人的
Well, it's working.
好吧 它起作用了
Now what? I mean, I-I can't afford $3.1 million.
现在怎么办 我付不起310万
It's ridiculous.
这太荒谬了
Can you guys represent me?
你们能够为我辩护吗
Well, we would have to talk about our fee.
我们得谈谈我们的律师费
Well, what if... what if I just paid you back
要不 要不我把那首歌♥带来的收益的一部分
with a percentage of the song?
付给你们作为律师费
If you get it back.
如果你能把那首歌♥要回来的话
"If"?
如果
It's not about us.
不是关于我们个人的事
It's about work.
是工作上的事情
I'm working as the chief of staff for Peter now--again--
我现在又是彼得的幕僚长了
and I wanted to talk to you about the future.
我希望和你谈谈关于将来的事情
Potential political problems.
潜在的政♥治♥问题
Not just...
不仅仅是...
Hi, Mrs. Dosek. How are you?
你好 多塞克夫人 你好吗
Fine. Can you give this to your mother?
好 能把这个给你母亲吗
Uh, yes. What is it?
好的 这是什么
It's from the homeowners' association. It's an eviction notice.
业主协会的一份驱逐通知
Excuse me?
你说什么
Your mother is running a business out of her home.
你母亲在家里进行商业活动
No, she isn't.
不 她没有
You know, just tell... you tell them
你告诉 你告诉他们
that I'll see 'em in court.
我们法庭见
Excuse me.
请让一下
That's just a friend of the family.
那是我们的一个朋友
Your mother has one week to respond
你母亲有一周的时间来答复我们
before we commence eviction proceedings.
否则我们就要驱逐你们
I like this office. Why are you leaving it?
我喜欢这间办公室 你为什么要搬走
Come on, I need the chair.
别闹 我需要这把椅子
No, I think you should stay here.
不 我觉得你应该呆在这里
It keeps you humble.
这间房♥间让你人都谦逊了不少
Come on, I don't have time to play.
别闹了 我没时间陪你玩
Wow, you're sour.
你火气还挺大
See? It's so impersonal in here.
看到没 这里太没人情味了
If you want the small office, you can take it.
如果你想要那个小办公室 我可以给你
Really?
真的吗
Really? I should take the small office?
我可以得到那个小间办公室
I can have the job?
我可以在这上班了
What job?
上班
The job you're offering me.
你不是要给我找个工作吗
I am not offering you a job.
我什么时候说要给你找个工作
There is no job. Can you see I'm busy?
根本没有这回事 你看不到我很忙吗
Dad, I need a job. I need to finance my art.
我需要一份工作 我需要钱来维持我的艺术
What art?
什么艺术
The art of living. Come on.
生活的艺术 求你了
I can't help you. Ask someone else.
我帮不了你 去找别人帮忙吧
Ask Alicia.
去问问艾丽西娅
Yeah, Alicia. She probably needs someone.
没错 去问艾丽西娅 她可能需要人帮忙
Her firm just took on a lot of clients.
她的律所刚接下一群客户
It's not a bad idea.
这主意不坏
Odd.
真奇怪
You know, you're not as fun as you used to be, Dad,
你没原来那么有趣了 老爸
something's off with you.
你有什么地方不对劲
It's called fatherhood.
这叫做父亲形象
The fact of the matter is that
事实上
Rowby Canton isn't a freedom fighter.
罗比·坎顿并不是自♥由♥音乐人
He's a man under contract
他与公♥司♥签有合同
who wishes he weren't.
尽管他自己并不情愿
But Mr. Canton says
坎顿先生说
he delivered you a second album, didn't he?
他给过你第二张专辑 是真的吗
Yes, but what he delivered was...
是的 但是他给的作品根本...
unacceptable.
无法让人接受
Can I say something? Because that is...
我能说一句吗 这话说得实在是...
really offensive.
太过分了
No. Unfortunately not, Mr. Canton.
不行 坎顿先生 很抱歉地告诉你
Point of personal privilege.
我有权发表个人意见
Yes. I'm guessing that you saw that in a movie, sir.
先生 你说的东西只会在电影里出现
That doesn't work here.
现实中并不存在
Please continue.
请继续
Thank you, Your Honor.
谢谢 法官阁下
Mr. Stryk.
史崔克先生
There were no crowd-pleasers, there were no hooks,
那张专辑没有任何亮点
there was nothing I could even repackage to any other artist.
哪怕是一星半点能重新给其他歌♥手用的都没有
I already reposted it.
我又重新发布了视频
How did you do that?
你怎么做到的
I thought they had it excluded.
他们不是已经把它封了吗
Mirror-reversed it.
镜像复♥制♥了一遍
The classic way to get around their detection software.
绕过探测软件的经典方式
How long before you think they figure it out?
你觉得他们要多久才会发现
I have produced
我已经为超过
over 200 of them.
两百位艺人制♥作♥过专辑了
And what Mr. Canton handed me was... not a hit.
但是坎顿先生给我的作品 我实在无能为力
Your Honor, I know it's hard for artists like Rowby,
法官阁下 我知道对于罗比
who tend to work from an emotional place,
这样感性的音乐人来说
to understand all the ins and outs...
很难理解商业方面的...
Objection, Your Honor.
反对 法官阁下
Counsel is testifying.
辩方律师在作证
No, I'm just trying to be compassionate, but...
没有 我只是在表达我的同情心 不过...
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表