Socialism? No. Well... yyes,
社♥会♥主♥义♥ 不是 其实
it is a bit.
确实有点这个意思
I like my employees. They work hard.
我喜欢我的员工 他们工作努力
So I decided to give them all a raise.
所以我决定给所有人涨薪
To $75,000 for everybody?
所有人都涨到七万五吗
Yeah.
对
It's my money.
这是我的钱
Why is that bad?
有什么不好的
Oh, it's not bad... for your employees,
对你的员工来说不是坏事
but... for Peter.
但对彼得来说就是了
Oh. Ah, he's suddenly a socialist sympathizer.
他突然成了社♥会♥主♥义♥支持者了吗
All the campaign asks is that you wait
竞选办公室唯一要求就是
until after the election before you give your raises.
你等到竞选结束后再给你的员工加薪
Oh, so, there are two fish in a tank.
想起来了 有两条鱼在水池[坦克]里
And, um, one fish says
一条鱼对另一条说
to the other fish, "How do you drive this thing?"
你怎么开这东西啊
That was the punch line, because, you know,
这句话就是亮点 因为你懂的
we-we think they're in fish tank,
我们以为它们在鱼缸里
but actually, they're in a... tank tank.
但其实 他们是在坦克里
Funny.
有意思
So, have-have you thought of the legal ramifications
你有考虑过给大家都加到
of giving everybody $75,000?
七万五后的法律后果吗
Yes, I've discussed it with
有 我跟公♥司♥的法律顾问
my in-house counsel.
讨论过
How about you hear from a second opinion?
听听其他人的意见怎么样
I don't want to hear it.
我不想听
No, I... What do you mean?
不是 你在说什么
You yelling at me about Landau.
你要跟我嚷嚷朗度的事
What did you do with Landau?!
你跟朗度干了什么
Wait. Why are you here?
等等 你来这干嘛
Because I have a client.
因为我有个客户要介绍
What happened with Landau?
朗度怎么了
The election board.
选举委员会
I punted a vote on the machines
我要求在进行调查后
by ordering a study, and Landau's furious.
再对选择何种投票机投票 朗度大发雷霆
Because you two had a deal.
因为你们之前有约定
I knew it!
我就知道
Well, let's just file that one
我们就先把这事
under ongoing disasters, shall we?
归为进行中的灾难 好吗
I'm sending you a client
我给你介绍了一个客户
who just happens to be a billionaire.
正好是个亿万富翁
Courtney Paige?
考特妮·佩琪吗
Yes. It's probably just a couple of hours work,
是 很可能只需要几个小时
but you can bill what you want.
但你可以随便收费
Thank you.
谢谢
Yes, that's all I want is-is...
没错 我想要的只是
is your thanks. Thank you.
你的感谢 谢谢
And I need you to talk Courtney
还有我需要你说服考特妮
out of what she wants to do.
别做她想要做的那件事
I know, I know,
我懂 我懂
you can't promise anything-- that would be unethical--
你无法承诺什么 那违背职业道德
but she's planning to give everybody
但她打算把她公♥司♥
in her company a raise to $75,000 a year.
所有人的年薪加到七万五美元
It is in her best interest,
不这么做对她最好
both legally and politically, not to do so.
法律上和政♥治♥上来说都是
Also, it hurts Peter.
还有 这会伤害彼得
That's just my opinion.
那只是我的意见
I'm not telling you how to advise.
我不是告诉你怎么给建议
You want to encourage her to chase socialism
你想鼓励她追随已被
to the graveyard of history...
历史埋葬的社♥会♥主♥义♥的话
be my guest.
请自便
Yes?
什么事
Dr. Hallie Fisher is suing to take down the teaser,
哈莉·费希尔医生正在起诉要求撤掉预告片
and block the release of our undercover video.
并限制发布我们的秘密视频
And?
然后呢
And that's bad.
这很不好
Not for you, but for me.
对你不是 但对我是
No, it's prior restraint.
不 这是事前限制
No judge will allow it.
没有法官会允许的
Go ahead, just put it online.
继续做 把它放到网上去
Judge Margovski already granted
玛格夫斯基法官已经批准
an emergency hearing today.
今天进行紧急听证了
I know you're no fan of Citizens for Ethical Medicine,
我知道你对公民道德医学组织不感冒
but this isn't about abortion anymore.
但这不仅是堕胎的问题了
This is about the First Amendment.
这事关第一修正案
Which you're using as a weapon
而你们拿它当作武器来
to attack women and medicine and choice.
来攻击女性 医疗 和她们的选择
"Anyone can defend a sympathetic client
「任何人都可以为一个有同情心
with popular beliefs.
且有主流信仰的客户辩护
"The real test of the First Amendment
对第一修正案真正的考验
is whether we are willing to stand up
是我们是否愿意支持
for people and ideas we hate."
那些我们与其意见绝对相左的人」
Well, that's more persuasive
你比平时都
and plainspoken than you normally are.
更有说服力 更直白
I was quoting you.
我在引用你的话
You said that in a speech to Emily's List.
你在《艾米丽的名单》演讲的时候说过
You may not agree with our tapes or how they were made,
你也许对我们的录像以及录制过程有意见
but prior restraint is just wrong.
预先禁止令是不对的
And you know it.
你知道这点
Why do I have to be so damn convincing?
我♥干♥嘛要这么有说服力
Dear God!
我的天哪
Just remember,
你要记住
you're representing the Constitution.
你代表的是宪法
Diane, hello. God bless.
戴安 你好 愿主保佑
I'm Heidi. I shot the video.
我是海蒂 那段录像是我拍的
I'm your client. Hi.
我是你的当事人 你好
Stay away from my uterus!
不准碰我的子♥宫♥
We don't want your dirty uterus!
我们不要你脏兮兮的子♥宫♥
Sorry, Diane. Just ignore her.
不好意思 戴安 不要理她
You know I'm not pro-life.
我得告诉你 我支持堕胎合法的
Yes, I know technically,
是的 我知道 理论上你是
but you're here to show your support.
但你今天是来支持我们的
No, I'm not here to show anything.
不 我今天来不做任何表态
Stop killing women!
停止谋杀女性
Stop killing children!
停止谋杀婴儿
This secret tape is already causing irreparable damage
这个偷录的录像已经对费希尔医生的重要工作
to the important work that Dr. Fisher does, Your Honor.
造成了不可挽回的损失 法官阁下
Stand up, Hallie.
站起来 哈莉
No! No! People.
停停停 各位
Let's get this clear.
我们把话说清楚
You're guests here. That's all.
你们只是来旁听的 仅此而已
No waving of signs, no...
不要弄什么标语 不要
In fact, John, let's collect those signs, okay?
这样吧 约翰 把那些标语收了吧 好吧
Thank you. Go ahead, Counselor.
谢谢 继续 律师
When I was growing up in the Bronx,
我在布朗克斯长大的时候
there was one thing I was always told.
大家总教我说一句话
Sneaks can't be rewarded for sneaking.
偷摸做事的人不该受奖赏
Your Honor, this isn't about sneaks.
法官阁下 这不是偷摸的问题
This is a textbook case of prior restraint.
这是一个教科书般的预先制止令的问题
If we're against it with the Pentagon Papers,
如果我们对越南战争的秘密文件有异议
we should be against it here.
那我们今天才应该制止今天的事情
Now that offends me.
这话就冒犯我了
I know Danny Ellsberg, and this woman is nothing like...
我知道丹尼·埃斯博格 这位女士跟...
Then sue... after the fact, if you think there is harm.
那就等事情结束 你觉得造成伤害了再起诉
The proper remedy is a suit for damages.
正确的措施是损害赔偿诉讼
She's not wrong, Ms. Steel.
她是对的 斯蒂尔女士
The law strongly disfavors this kind of censorship.
法律是强烈不赞成这种事前审查机制
Yes, except that this secret tape was made illegally.
是的 但是这个录像是违法偷录的
Illinois again requires two-party consent.
伊利诺伊州要求双方一致同意
Hallie, did you consent to this tape?
哈莉 你同意她录像了吗
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表