I'll ask Uncle Owen if he knows anyone.
我问问欧文叔叔看他有没有这方面的熟人
And can you tell Eli I'll be ten minutes late for the interview?
能帮我告诉伊莱我会晚十分钟到采访现场吗
Yes. Calling now.
好 马上
I don't know why you're coming after me so hard.
我不明白你为何要如此紧咬着我不放
Two name partners. Expert witnesses.
两位冠名合伙人加专家证人
You think it's just happenstance
你真以为你跟我们打这官司
that you have a case across from us?
是纯属巧合吗
Mr. Governor, it's so good to see you.
州长先生 见到您真高兴
Ted Willoughby. You, too, Ted.
这是泰德·威洛比 我也是 泰德
Me, too, Ted?
是「我」也是 泰德...吧
It's good to see you, too.
就是我也很高兴见到你
They warned me about your wit.
有人提醒过我您才智过人
Ah, Mrs. Florrick. Hello, I'm Ruth Eastman.
福瑞克夫人 你好 我是鲁斯·伊斯曼
Oh, hello. Sorry I'm late.
你好 抱歉我迟到了
Um, I tried calling Eli,
我有打电♥话♥给伊莱
but he didn't answer.
但他没接
Oh, there-there's been a slight change.
计划有微调
We're going ahead with this interview,
我们会继续这次采访
but we're delaying the announcement till next week.
但声明要推迟到下周再发表
Why is that?
为什么
It's a smarter move.
这是明智之举
Why is that the smarter move?
何出此言呢
We can raise more funds if Peter isn't a candidate yet.
皮特还没成为候选人我们就能筹集到更多资金
Now, I'll be getting you a chief of staff
我会先给你办公室主任的位置
to coordinate with the campaign.
以协助竞选活动
I... Um, where's Eli?
我 伊莱人呢
Oh, he-he's no longer with the campaign.
他不再属于竞选团队了
I'm Ruth Eastman, the new campaign manager.
我是鲁斯·伊斯曼 新任竞选经理
Don't worry.
别担心
Eli's very good, but I have a more national presence.
伊莱是很出色 但我有更多全国性资源
And I think you'll see we have a lot in common.
而且我想你会发现我和他有很多共同之处
Would you excuse me for a moment?
抱歉失陪一下
Peter, what the hell?
皮特 怎么回事
It's a national campaign, Alicia.
这是全国竞选 艾丽西娅
I need a campaign manager with a national strategy.
我需要一个有全国性策略的竞选经理
You need someone who cares.
你需要一个在乎你输赢的人
Eli cared. Caring is not enough.
而伊莱就是 在乎远远不够
He doesn't know the state.
他不了解整个国家的情况
He doesn't know the people. He knows you.
他不了解全国民众 但他了解你
He's loyal to you. Alicia.
他忠诚于你 艾丽西娅
Right from the beginning,
刚开始的时候
you wanted nothing to do with this campaign.
你一点都不想和竞选扯上关系
You can't come in now and pretend that you have a voice.
你不能现在过来假装你可以对此指手划脚
This is my choice.
这是我的选择
It's a hard choice. It's the hardest choice
这是个很难的决择 是我做过的
I've ever had to make, but it's mine.
最难的决择 但这是我自己的选择
And I don't need you coming in now and scolding me.
我不需要你现在过来指责我
My Gosh,
天哪
it's good to see you two smiling and laughing.
看到你们在一起谈笑风生真好
Mrs. Florrick,
福瑞克夫人
if your husband does run,
如果你的丈夫真的参选
why should voters vote for him?
为什么选民们要把票投给他呢
Well, um, loyalty.
忠诚
He's loyal to his family.
他忠于自己的家庭
His friends.
忠于朋友
He sticks with people.
他与人♥民♥同心
I think Alicia's being very kind.
我觉得艾丽西娅说得很温暖
Obviously a candidate has to be loyal,
很明显候选人必须做到忠诚
but he's got to be smart.
但他也要明智
Balance is everything.
保持平衡最重要
Yes, balance. And sticking to your word.
对 平衡 还要坚持自己的承诺
That's what voters want most in a candidate.
这是选民们最想在候选人身上看到的
Well, I know that's what I want.
我知道那也是我想看到的
That and...
还有...
Can I have a beer with him?
我能跟他喝杯啤酒吗
Eli, it's me. It's Alicia.
伊莱 是我 艾丽西娅
Eli, you're not answering your phone.
伊莱 你不接电♥话♥
We need to talk.
我们得谈谈
Eli, I can hear your movie.
伊莱 我能听到你在看电影
Eli.
伊莱
I heard. I'm sorry.
我听说了 我很抱歉
It's okay, I'm fine.
没关系 我很好
But thanks.
但是谢了
Eli, wait.
伊莱 等等
No, I just need to be done with it, Alicia.
不 我只是需要让事情过去 艾丽西娅
I-I... I was never your friend.
我从来都不是你的朋友
I was just a political operative. I was the help.
我只是个政♥治♥推手 助选人士
And, uh... I need to be done. That's it.
还有 我需要让事情过去 就是这样
No, no, no, we wait for Alicia to present her witness.
不不 我们先等艾丽西娅亮出她的证人
No, I... David, I disagree.
不 大卫 我反对
And then we use it as a rebuttal.
然后我们利用她的证人反驳她
We don't wait for her to present her witness--
我们不能等她先传唤证人
Don't you understand what I'm...
你不明白我在...
She's going to get ahead of the argument.
她会在辩论中领先我们的
She's not gonna get ahead of the argument.
她不会在辩论中领先我们的
We don't let her take the offensive. No.
我们不能让她先发起攻势 不
Right now... Okay, I don't think you understand
现在 好吧 我认为你不明白
the way I'm thinking about this, obvious... All right.
我到底是怎么想的 那好
Explain it to me.
跟我解释下
She will present her witness,
她先亮出她的证人
then we will use the... Why are we letting her
然后我们利用 我们为什么要让她
present her witness first?
先亮出证人
Rightright now, we are... That's what I'm trying to explain to you.
现在我们 我就是想跟你解释这个
Would you let me finish?
你能让我说完吗
So, you guys happy at work?
你们工作还愉快吗
Yeah.
好啊
Seriously,
说真的
if you have any complaints, I'm here, I'm listening.
如果你有什么抱怨 我在这儿听着呢
Well, I pitched to the partners a new way to bill the clients.
我向合伙人提出了向客户收费的新方式
But...
但是...
But what? They said no?
但是什么 他们说不行
They wouldn't listen.
他们不肯听我说
All the new firms are using it.
所有的新律所都在运用那种方式
But the worry I have is, Lockhart/Agos
但是我担心的是 洛克哈特&艾格斯
is seen as an older firm.
会被看作是老式律所
Not as friendly to new ideas.
不肯接受新想法
Well, tell me what the idea is.
告诉我新想法是什么
Dr. Douglas Dooley.
道格拉斯·杜利博士
Aerodynamics expert from Chicago Polytech.
空气动力学专家 来自芝加哥理工学院
Were you able to investigate the fall pattern
你能否研究夏加尔画作下面
of the notes below the Chagall painting?
便利贴的掉落模式
She's got to be kidding.
她肯定是在开玩笑
Tack-on notes fall in a limited way
便利贴以有限的方式掉落
because they are denser than air.
因为其密度高于空气
They flutter,
它们会飘动
but they will never flutter more than 30 degrees
但它们飘动的角度不会超过初始角度的
from the starting point.
三十度
This is the falling cone.
这是掉落圆锥图
So if we were to look at a photo
所以如果我们观察
of Mrs. Smulders's residence,
斯马尔德斯先生住所的照片
we would be able to determine what notes could not
我们就能够确认哪些便利贴不可能
have fallen from the Chagall painting?
是从那副夏加尔的画作上掉下来的
Yes, those falling out of this area.
是的 那些掉出了这个区域的
That is the 30-degree cone of falling trajectory
这是根据画作所有掉落位置做出的
from any spot on the painting.
三十度掉落轨迹圆锥图
Dr. Nigel Buggy.
奈杰尔·巴基博士
I'm an industrial suction expert
我是工业吸力专家
with Ames Institute.
来自艾姆斯研究所
Okay, now you're just making these jobs up.
这些名头是你自己编出来的吧
Dr. Buggy, did you read Dr. Dooley's testimony?
巴基博士 你看过杜利博士的证词了吗
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表