No. Do they to you?
没 你这么觉得吗
Yes.
是的
Well, I think
也许
every outgoing generation of lawyers
一代一代的律师都会觉得
looks at the incoming crop and thinks they're not worthy.
自己的投入和产出不成正比
Yes.
这没错
But this generation isn't.
但这代人不是这样
They're worried about their boyfriends and their long workdays.
他们担心的是男朋友和加班时间
They're looking for more balance in their lives.
他们寻求更平衡的生活
More leisure time.
需要更多的闲暇时光
That's a good thing.
这是好事
Let's get the equity partners together today.
召集权益合伙人
Okay, why?
好的 什么事
To talk about Alicia.
聊聊艾丽西娅
Like GHB, Tert-Butyl 4-hydroxybutanoate
像G水 叔丁基 4-羟基丁酸乙酯
contains a gammahydroxycarbonyl moiety.
含有一部分伽马羟基碳酰
But that's the only similarity.
但这是唯一的相似之处
The change in the chemical design is really quite elegant
你了解后会发现
when you look at it. Thank you.
化学设计的变化非常微妙 谢谢
No, no, sir, this is not your courtroom; it's mine.
打住 先生 轮不到你说话 这里我说了算
Our apologies, Your Honor. It won't happen again.
很抱歉 法官阁下 不会有下次了
And this new chemical compound that my client created--
我的当事人制出的这种新型化合物
it contains no illegal attributes?
并不含有非法属性对吗
That is correct.
没错
Tert-Butyl 4-hydroxybutanoate
叔丁基 4-羟基丁酸乙酯
is electrically neutral,
为电中性化学品
while GHB is an ionic compound.
而G水是离子化合物
So, would that be like the difference between Coke and Pepsi?
两者就像可口可乐和百事可乐的区别吗
No, it's more like
不是 更像是
the difference between a butyrate-Co-A ligase
丁酸辅酶A连接酶
and a glycine N-acyltransferase.
和甘氨酸 N-酰基转移酶之间的区别
Thank you, Doctor.
谢谢你 博士
Dr. Marcotte, the Federal Analogue Act
马考特博士 联邦化学品类别法案
does not require that a drug be listed as a controlled substance
并没有要求被列为受管制药物
for it to be illegal-- is that correct?
才属于非法药物 对吗
That's my understanding.
我是这么理解的
If it is substantially similar to a controlled substance,
如果这种药物实质上与受管制药物类似
it is treated as though it were a controlled substance?
也被视为受管制药物对吗
Objection. The witness is not qualified to answer a legal question.
反对 证人没有资格回答法律问题
And yet, this is a motion to dismiss.
但这是驳回指控的动议
And as much as you three are treating it like a full-on trial,
虽然你们三个极其认真 当成是正式审讯
I have a life,
我还有事
I'd like to get back to it, so overruled.
想早点结束 因此 反对无效
Do you want me to repeat the question, Doctor?
需要我重复一遍吗 博士
No, you are correct.
不用 你说得没错
An analogue of a drug is treated,
法律规定
under the law, as an illegal drug.
类似的药物也被视为非法药物
And isn't it also true
那么
that no matter how elegant the defendant's attempt to elude the law is...
不管被告逃脱法律追究的企图有精妙...
Objection!
反对
I'll rephrase.
我重问
No matter how elegant
不论这种新型化合物
this new chemical compound is,
有多精致
the high associated with it is identical to GHB?
它与G水确实具有很高相似度
Yes, that is definitely true.
是的 完全正确
Your Honor, once again, the Federal Analogue Act
法官阁下 再次援引联邦化学品类别法案
makes it illegal to produce or sell any drug
法案规定生产或销♥售♥
that is only a few molecules away from a controlled substance.
与受管制药物仅有几分子之差的化合物亦属非法
It's not a few molecules away.
不是只有几分子之差
It is the difference...
那区别跟...
Between Coke and Pepsi-- Yes, I get it.
可口可乐和百事可乐一样大 知道了
Points for making this folksy,
为了「睦邻友好」
counselor, but your motion to dismiss is denied.
律师 你的动议被驳回
Damn it. I thought we had it.
该死 我以为能赢呢
What?
什么
We still might.
还有机会
Oh, thank you.
谢谢
This is your office?
这是你办公室
Yes, I'm thinking of having it painted.
是的 我在考虑怎么粉刷一下
What do you think?
你说呢
Oh, um, excuse me.
让一下
Oh, thank you. Thank you so much.
谢谢 多谢
Oh, I... I'm still moving in.
我... 这里还没布置好
Yeah, yes. I can see that.
的确 看出来了
Um... Oh, oh, no...
那个...不...
No, I'll go back here. Okay.
不用了 我从这儿走 好吧
Um, Mr. Gold?
戈德先生
I really don't know how I can help you.
不知道有什么能帮你的
In fact, I-I don't know
事实上 我觉得
if the governor would want me to help him.
州长应该不需要我的帮助
Well, we're trying to show what a strong family Peter has.
我们希望让大家看到彼得有个坚固的家庭
Oh, sorry.
抱歉
And there's something you can help us with.
有件事你倒能帮忙
Have you heard of...
你听说过...
Mama's Homespun Cooking?
妈妈的家传秘方吗
No, I haven't.
没听过
What is that?
那是什么
It's a reality show.
是一档真人秀节目
Oh, sounds delightful.
听着很有趣
And I'd like you to appear on it with Alicia.
希望你能和艾丽西娅一起做一♥期♥节目
Sorry. It'sit'sit's a show
抱歉 在节目上
where you would teach Alicia a recipe.
你要教艾丽西娅一个独家秘方
Oh, sorry.
抱歉
A new recipe she would then cook for her family.
她会做给家人的烹饪秘方
And I'd love for you to participate.
希望你能参与
Oh, I wouldn't miss that for the world.
这我绝不会错过
Okay, a few updates.
几点要义
The Turnbow depositions will start on Wednesday.
特恩波案的取证周三开始
What about the Cliven-Hartford suit?
科莱弗恩-哈特福德一案呢
Settled.
和解了
$1.2 million in damages
一百二十万赔偿金
and remediation for facilities in Peoria.
加皮奥里亚的设备损坏赔偿
Well, someone had a good nap.
有人睡了个好觉啊
Would you mind repeating that?
你介意重复一下吗
What?
什么
I just want to make sure everybody heard it.
我只是想确保大家都听到了
Oh, it was a joke.
玩笑罢了
I know. Could you say it exactly the way you said it before?
我知道 你能用之前的语气再说一遍吗
I said, "Someone had a good nap."
我说「有人睡了个好觉啊」
Thank you.
谢谢
Carry on. Yes.
继续 好了
Well, now that we're all up to speed,
既然大家都跟上进度了
uh, I want to discuss Alicia.
我想谈谈艾丽西娅
I think we should turn the temperature down with her.
我觉得我们该和她和解
Do you want to invite her back?
你想邀请她回来吗
We do that, we lose Reese Dipple's business.
这么做 我们就会失去里斯·迪普尔的业务
I'm afraid David's right,
大卫说得对
but we could feed her our overflow.
但可以给她我们多出来的
Overflow?
多出来的
You mean overflow cases?
你是说多出来的案子吗
Yes, it's financially negligible to us,
没错 这对我们不造成经济冲击
but it could help her.
但能帮到她
It could also help neutralize her as a potential pawn for Canning.
也能避免她成为坎宁的潜在帮手
She'll be our pawn instead.
而做我们的人
Howard?
霍华德
I'm checking to see who's here.
我在看都有谁在
Oh, would you excuse me?
失陪一下
Uh, are there any opinions on this sub...?
这个提议还有其他意见吗
This is Howard.
我是霍华德
Oh, hello, this is Jackie Florrick returning your call.
你好 我是杰姬·福瑞克 给你回电
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表