That's not what the law means. It means like hospice care.
法律指的是对临终关怀的说明
So you didn't tell her about the Duke study?
所以你并没有告诉她杜克大学的研究
No. But you knew about it?
没有 但你自己是知道的
I knew it was in its early stages, but the odds
我所知道的是这项研究还处在初级阶段
of success were very low. At best, one in 20.
成功的几率很小 最多20分之1
I didn't want to give her false hope.
我不想给她虚幻的希望
False hope? Yes.
虚幻的希望 是的
Patients look for any scrap of good news from a doctor.
患者们总是盼望医生能说点好消息
But there was good news, wasn't there?
但这个确实是好消息 不是吗
Not in my opinion.
在我看来不是
Don't you think the person
你难道不觉得
who should have been making that ultimate call
做最终决定的那个人
was Alexa and not you? Objection.
应该是艾莉克莎而不是你 反对
Badgering.
诱导证人
Pointed, yes. Badgering, no. Overruled.
只是指出并不是诱导 驳回
She did make the ultimate call.
她确实是那个做最终决定的人
Yes, but not with all of the information.
没错 但是她并没有得知全部的信息
It wouldn't have made a difference.
不会有什么区别的
You don't know that.
这点你也不敢保证
I looked at the arrest records out of the department store.
我查了资料室的逮捕记录
It's almost all African-Americans.
几乎全是非裔美国人
There's a racist security guard? Or a spotter.
是有个种族主义者保安吗 准确说是个观测员
What's a spotter? It's an undercover shopper
什么是观测员 一些伪装成顾客的人
who keeps an eye out for shoplifters.
专门盯着那些顺手牵羊的小偷
It's also possible the spotters
也可能是观测员们
are targeting African-Americans just to...
目标就是在盯着非裔美国人
keep 'em away. It's like the New York stores last year.
好把他们赶走 就像去年纽约的商店那样
Couple of 'em settled
有几家通过这样的手段
an attorney general's investigation...
解决了首席检察官长对他们的调查
What?
怎么了
That's her.
就是她
That's one of the ones they targeted.
被盯上的人之一
The goal is to get you out of here.
目的是救你出来
So your best move is to plea and pay your fine.
所以你最好认罪 把罚金交了
But I didn't steal anything. Ms. Todd...
但我没偷东西 托德小姐
Betty, you'll make your life a lot easier if you do what I say.
贝蒂 照我说的做 你才能出来
Let me talk to the prosecutor, plead it out.
让我跟检察官说 你认罪出狱
Don't plead her out. What?
别让她认罪 什么
Why? Female 62.
为什么 女性62号♥
I-I need 30 seconds with Matan on this one, Your Honor.
我需要和马坦商量30秒钟 法官阁下
You get 20.
给你20秒时间
Salvatori's, the department store,
萨瓦托利 那个百货商店
it's targeting African-Americans.
专门针对非裔美国人
She didn't do it. Uhuh, Alicia. This isn't your case.
她没偷东西 艾丽西娅 不是你的案子
Back the hell off. But I have a witness who can testify.
别多管闲事 我有证人可以作证
I don't care. You're slowing things down.
我不管 你这是耽误事儿
Can I change attorneys?
我能要求更换律师吗
Mom. I didn't know you were coming in.
妈 不知道你来了
I didn't realize I needed an appointment.
我没想到见你还要预约
Of course you don't. No, please, sit, sit.
当然不需要 来 坐吧
I'd rather stand, Peter. It's hard enough to...
我还是站着吧 彼得 这并非易事...
Uh, I came here
我来
intending to discuss an issue of real importance to me,
是为了跟你讨论一件对我很重要的事
but now, uh...
结果我发现...
Well, your campaign manager,
你的竞选经理
Ms. Eastman, is not serving you well.
伊斯曼女士 她的工作很不到位
And she's disrespecting me.
她很不尊重我
Now, whether you were state's attorney or governor,
从前不管你是州检察官还是州长
I still always had access to you.
我想见你就能见到你
But now, with this presidential run...
但现在你竞选总统...
Nothing's changed, Mom.
还是老样子 妈
...suddenly there's a palace guard
...突然来了个宫廷侍卫
wearing a pantsuit and cheap shoes,
穿着裤装 和廉价鞋子
and she showed no remorse...
还毫无歉意
Mom, I think maybe... No, Peter,
妈 是不是... 不 彼得
listen to me.
听我说
She needs to get her priorities straight,
她得明白自己的首要职责
or you need to dismiss her.
不然你必须解雇她
Okay, I will talk to Ruth.
好 我会跟鲁斯谈的
Do you want to now discuss this issue of importance with me?
你要现在跟我谈那件要事吗
No, I... I can't. Not in this state.
不...不行 我现在状态不行
We'll have to talk about it another time. Okay.
改天再说吧 好
Just so you know, I have to go back to Iowa...
跟您说一声 我得回趟爱荷华州...
Oh, Mrs. Florrick, hi again...
福瑞克夫人 又见面了...
I just wanted to let you know that your daughter stopped by,
告知你一声 你女儿来过了
wanting to talk to you about the physician-assisted suicide bill.
想跟你探讨医生协助自杀法案
But I handled it. You what?
我已经处理好了 你什么
What do you mean you handled it?
「处理好了」什么意思
First, you come between a mother and her son,
你先是在母亲和儿子之间捣乱
and now you feel comfortable coming
现在又毫不避讳的
between a son and his daughter?
在我儿子和他女儿之间添乱
Oh, no, no, no. That's not what I mean.
不 不 不 我不是这个意思
Is that why your wife wanted to end her life,
所以你妻子要结束自己的生命吗
because of the pain? Yes.
因为痛苦对吗 是的
She was afraid she was losing control over her life.
她怕自己失去控制生活的能力
Ms. Lockhart has spoken a lot about
洛克哈特女士讲了很多关于
this Duke brain tumor study.
杜克大学的脑瘤研究
Would that have changed Alexa's mind
如果艾莉克莎知道这个研究
if she knew about it? Objection.
她会改变主意吗 反对
Calls for speculation.
引导证人推测
Goes to state of mind, Your Honor.
死者意识状态很重要 法官阁下
Overruled.
反对无效
Alexa was beyond hope.
艾莉克莎她已经失去希望了
She said she wanted to go out on her own terms.
她说她要按自己的意愿离开人世
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you for coming today.
谢谢你今天能来
And, Mr. Crouse, can you please describe what you witnessed?
克劳斯先生 能否请你描述一下你的所见
Ms. Todd being followed by a spotter
托德小姐被一位店员盯上
and arrested, despite the fact she didn't steal anything.
随后她被捕 尽管她并没有偷东西
Thank you.
谢谢
Mr. Crouse, were you disbarred as a lawyer six years ago?
克劳斯先生 六年前你被吊销律师资格对吗
I was.
是的
Because you punched a judge
理由是你动手打法官
after he found a client of yours guilty. Objection. Relevance.
因他判你当事人有罪 反对 与本案无关
Overruled. Let's keep this moving.
反对无效 不要耽误进度
Yes.
是的
And were you not investigated by the bar
在此之前 你因为修改证据
four different times before then for altering evidence,
先后四次受到律师协会的调查
Objection! all in an effort to prove
反对 就为了证明
your clients were innocent? This is beyond the pale.
你当事人的清白 这与本案无关
It's character assassination 101.
这是典型的人格诋毁
I don't care.
我才不管
Overruled. Why should we believe
反对无效 我们凭什么相信
your account of what happened to Ms. Todd? Objection.
你为托德小姐作的证词 反对
Mr. Crouse's background has no bearing
克劳斯先生的过去
on what he witnessed. And yet in my mind, it does.
与他的证词无关 但我认为很重要
Why should you believe my account?
你们凭什么相信我的说法
Because I'm telling the truth.
因为我说的是实话
Of course you are.
那是当然
No, no, I'm your lawyer.
不 不行 我是你的律师
You can't change lawyers now.
现在不能更换律师
I don't want you. I want that lady.
我不要你 我要那位女律师
Yeah. You should be doing what she is.
没错 你也应该像她那样
Look, I don't care what Mrs. Florrick is doing.
我不管福瑞克夫人干什么
The best way to get out is to plead.
要出来就得认罪
Sure. If that's what you want.
行 随你便
Congratulations.
恭喜
You've just stolen another client.
你又偷走了一个客户
No, I didn't... I wasn't...
不 我没...我不...
Grace, if you believe in the sanctity of life...
格蕾丝 如果你相信生命的神圣性...
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表