but you are not poor enough to have a public defender.
但还没有穷到能用公设辩护律师
So we have three bar attorneys here for you today.
所以你们可以在三名在庭律师中择一雇佣
If you want to find your own attorney,
如果你们想找自己的律师
you will have to wait until tonight
只能在今晚
after the bond hearing,
保释听证会结束之后去找
which of course will push your hearing till tomorrow,
当然 这样你的听证会就得推迟到明天
but still it's up to you.
但这仍然看你们的决定
Do you understand?
明白了吗
Bully.
很好
Next, male 26-- uh, where are you?
下一个 男性25号♥ 人在哪里
Let's get 12 more before lunch.
午餐之前我们再审12个案子
Your Honor, this is Mr. Howard's fifth arrest...
法官阁下 这是霍华德先生第五次被捕
Exactly, which is why we ask that...
没错 所以我们要求...
Four times he has received bail,
之前的四次他都获得了假释
and all four times he has shown up for
并且全部都
his scheduled court appearance. Bully for him
准时出现在了法庭上 没用
he may be a thief but he's a prompt thief.
他再怎么准时也是个小偷
Your Honor... Bail is set at $30,000.
法官阁下... 保释金为三万美元
Male 27, criminal damage to property.
男性27号♥ 故意毁坏财物
Interesting strategy.
策略很有创意
Thanks.
谢谢
Male 28, manufacture and distribution of a controlled substance.
男性28号♥ 生产销♥售♥违禁物品
Uh, Mr. Roland... "Hah-lavin"?
罗兰德·哈...拉温先生
"Lavin," Uh, it's okay-- everyone gets it wrong.
是拉温 没事 大家都会读错
Oh, sorry, Mr. Hlavin, I'm Alicia Florrick.
抱歉 拉温先生 我是艾丽西娅·福瑞克
I'm a bar attorney made available to you
我是由芝加哥律师协会委派来
by the Chicago Bar Association for your convenience.
帮助你的在庭律师
You're not required to hire me...
你并不一定非要雇佣我...
Uh, I know this.
我懂你的意思
The judge already said all this.
法官已经说过一遍了
So, uh, I want you. Good, thank you.
我愿意雇你 很好 谢谢
Okay, this is your CBR; it's how I get paid.
这是你的保释金偿付单 我通过这个收费
My fee is standard, $135 for the first day...
费用有统一的标准 第一天135美元...
Look, I used to work at the Tower of Terror in Disneyland,
我曾经在迪斯尼乐园的惊魂古塔上过班
so I had to say the same thing over and over again for months.
有好几个月我每天都要说着同样的话
I'm very sympathetic to people
我很同情你这样
who have to say something by rote.
要不断重复同一段台词的人
Um, I'll just sign it.
我就直接签字吧
Okay, great.
好吧
Are you currently employed?
你现在有工作吗
I was currently employed,
我之前是有工作的
and then they arrested me, so now I'm not.
直到他们逮捕了我 所以现在我没工作了
Any ties to the community?
跟社区联♥系♥多吗
Um, all my friends are in California.
我的朋友们都在加州
Stanford, class of 2011.
我们是斯坦福大学2011级的
They built tech start-ups, I came here,
他们创立了一些科技公♥司♥ 我到这来
Okay, I don't need... I opened a chemistry lab,
我不用听... 弄了个化学实验室
because I love chemistry, you know?
因为我喜欢化学
I love drugs. I don't...
我喜欢毒品 我意思是...
I mean, I don't love using drugs...
我不是喜欢吸毒
Okay, Mr. Hlavin, unfortunately we don't have a lot of time.
听着 拉温先生 我们没有那么多时间
You were arrested with someone. Yeah, my dealer.
和你一起被捕的还有 我的经销商
I mean, not my dealer.
也不是我的经销商
He's the dealer who sold my GHB...
他只是帮我卖♥♥G水[迷♥奸♥药]
Male 28 and 29, intent to manufacture and sell.
男性28号♥和29号♥ 制♥作♥销♥售♥违♥禁♥品♥未遂
Okay, let me talk for you, don't say anything.
好吧 我来帮你辩护 你别说话
That might be hard. I know, but try.
这挺难的 我知道 但要尽力
Your Honor, Mr. Roland Hlavin was caught
法官阁下 罗兰德·拉温先生由于
manufacturing GHB with the intent to sell,
制♥作♥并试图售卖♥♥G水被捕
and Mr. Pierre-Paul was caught selling it.
而皮尔·保罗先生在交易时被捕
Your Honor, the state has seized over $2 million
法官阁下 联邦政♥府♥已经没收了我的委托人
of my client's money.
两百万美元的资金
He has been impoverished by the state's actions.
他已经被政♥府♥处罚得一贫如洗了
As has my client, Your Honor.
我的委托人也一样 法官阁下
And now they want to imprison him
现在他们想用巨额的保释金来
with this onerous bail amount.
限制他的自♥由♥
This is the definition
这就是真正的
of cruel and unusual... Really?
残酷和不公平 是吗
Cruel and unusual? Before lunch?
残酷和不公平 我还没吃午饭呢
Your Honor, my client just wants his day in court.
法官阁下 我的委托人只希望能有上庭的时间
State requests that bail be tied
根据联邦政♥府♥规定
to the street value of narcotic seized.
保释金应与违禁物品的流通价值相符
Approved. Bail is set at $300,000 each.
批准 保释金每人三十万美金
Enjoy.
完毕
I have an offer.
我有个提议
For both of us?
给我们俩的
No, one of you.
不 只给一个人
This case matters to the state's attorney.
这个案子对于州检察官来说很重要
He's offering an exploding plea.
他愿意提供给一个人认罪的机会
Oh, come on.
省省吧
We're not turning on each other.
我们是不会背叛彼此的
Yeah, we're a united front.
没错 我们是统一的战线
One year to whoever jumps first.
先认罪的人只用服刑一年
The other gets 25.
另外一个25年
Deal explodes in 45 minutes.
只给你们45分钟时间
Starting now.
现在开始计时
One year, Roland, that's the offer.
只要一年 罗兰德 协议就是这样
If you don't take it, your dealer friend will.
你不接受 你的经销商就会接受
He will go to the prosecution
他会向检方
and tell them everything he knows about you.
把他知道你的所有事情都说出来
Every transaction, how much you sold.
每一笔交易 你卖♥♥的什么价
How much you bought, how much you paid.
你进货什么价 出货什么价
He'll turn on you.
他会背叛你的
You have to take this deal.
你必须要接受这个认罪协议
And we only have 40 minutes.
我们只有40分钟了
Yeah, but that means going to jail, right?
我明白 但是这意味着我一定要坐牢了
Yes, but, it's one year versus 25.
是的 但是1年对比25年
This is a lifeline. What happened to my "Day in court"?
这简直天差地别 那所谓的「上庭」呢
That was just a strategy to get you out on bail.
那只是为了让你获得假释说的话
But I think I want it, though.
但是 我就是想上庭
Roland.
罗兰德
You were caught selling 50-gallon drums of GHB.
你可是在用50加仑的桶卖♥♥G水的时候被捕的
Six of them... No.
其中六桶 不
Yes, six. No, uh...
是的 六桶 不是
All right, look.
听着
After Stanford, I came back here.
从斯坦福毕业后 我回到这里
I got a job at IBM,
在IBM找了份工作
but my brother, he OD'd on GHB
但我的兄弟在公♥司♥的派对上
at a company party so I quit.
服食过量G水而死 所以我辞职了
Now, GHB gives the user a feeling of euphoria,
G水能够让服用者极度兴奋
but take it in combination with alcohol and you stop breathing.
但与酒精混合 会让人停止呼吸
Roland, we don't have much time.
罗兰德 我们时间不多
I thought I could make it safer.
我认为我可以让它更安全
I felt like I owed that to my brother.
我感觉像我欠我哥哥的
So I did.
所以就去做了
This is GHB.
这是G水
This is what I made.
这是我做的
I call it "Snowball Chi",
我叫它「芝加哥雪球」
It's a designer drug.
是种化合致幻药
Your body turns it into GHB
接触到胃酸后
on contact with stomach acid,
你的身体就会将它识别为G水
but when you take it or when I sell it...
但在人买♥♥它或我卖♥♥它时
It isn't GHB.
它并不是G水
It isn't illegal.
并不是非法的
Damn it. I'll be right back.
该死 我马上回来
Don't make the deal.
别接受认罪协议
What deal?
什么协议
They weren't selling GHB-- it's a synthetic.
他们没卖♥♥G水 那是合成的
It's not on the controlled substances list.
并不在受控物质清单里
So? They'll say it's an analogue.
那又怎样 他们会说那是同类物质
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表