But I do want to talk about pensions.
但我的确想谈谈养老金的问题
As a responsible governor,
作为一个尽责的州长
I think we have to start the conversation
我想我们应该
about setting limits and rolling back pensions.
从设定限度和降低养老金开始说起
Really? You're sounding more like Marco Rubio.
真的 你听起来更像马克罗·鲁比奥[代表共和党参选]
I think we should stop sounding like a Democrat
我觉得我们应该停止以民♥主♥党人
or a Republican
或共和党人的身份来发声
and start sounding like Americans.
而是多站在美国人♥民♥的角度上
I think that's what Americans want.
我想这才是美国人♥民♥所希望的
I think that's what we need now.
这是我们现在所需要的
The partisanship that's going on
这次选举中的党派偏见
in this election is killing us.
会让我们走向灭亡
So did you have trouble getting your desk in here, Dad?
你把桌子搬进来的时候难不难 爸爸
Mm-hmm. Marissa, brightening up my day.
梅丽莎 你点亮了我的生活
This has not been focus-grouped. This is simply what I believe.
这还还没着重讨论过 只是我个人信念
But aren't you just playing back-of-the-pack politics, Governor?
但你是不是在玩争版面的把戏 州长
Saying something controversial and wild
发表些有争议又大胆的言论
to get press coverage? Oh, my God.
来博取媒体的曝光 我的天
What a disaster. Well, I would not characterize
简直糟透了 我不会用
this as talking wild.
大胆来形容这次发言
This is responsible fiscal accountability.
这是对财政责信负责的态度
Look, the fact of the matter is is that unions have
现在的实情是工会对
far too much control in this country. They are strangling...
我国的控制太多了 他们扼住了...
Hey. Dad, I love you,
喂 爸爸 我爱你
but this is an intervention. Give me the remote.
但我要劝诫你了 把遥控器给我
Peter chose Ruth over you. You have to let it go.
彼得选择了鲁斯而不是你 你得放手
What are you talking about? This is my job.
你在说什么 这是我的工作
No, this was your job. They fired you.
不 这曾是你的工作 他们炒了你
What are you getting out of this?
你留在这里有什么好处
I mean, besides this luxurious office?
除了拥有这间「豪华」的办公室
I'm looking after Alicia.
我要照顾艾丽西娅
This isn't about Alicia. You're getting back at Peter.
这与艾丽西娅无关 你是要报复彼得
What are you talking about? That makes no sense. I know.
你说什么 根本说不通 我知道
And that's why you need to leave.
所以我才要你离开
You watched his interview,
你看了他的采访
scoffing the whole way through,
从头到尾嘲笑
but I don't see you going in there to tell him what he did wrong.
但我没见你去告诉他哪儿不对
He's not here. He's in Iowa.
他人不在这里 他在爱荷华
Then call him.
那打电♥话♥给他
Then let's go.
我们走吧
Dad, you'll get a new job. You're desirable.
爸爸 你会有新工作的 你很吃香
I've never been fired in my life.
我这辈子都没被人炒过鱿鱼
I know.
我知道
And it hurts. I've been fired eight times.
这很伤人 我被炒过八次
It doesn't get easier.
也没有让我更好受
Come on.
走吧
Give me the remote.
把遥控器给我
Ruth Eastman devised the strategy for that interview,
鲁斯·伊斯曼改变了采访策略
and it makes Peter look like an idiot.
让彼得看起来像个傻瓜
The press is gonna have a field day. I can't leave
媒体满载而归 我不能就这么离开
when there's a chance that Peter will come to his senses
也许彼得会终于醒悟
and realize Ruth is foisting a losing strategy on him.
鲁斯在用赢不了的战略骗他
I love you. This is not healthy.
我爱你 但这样的想法不健康
The remote, babe.
遥控器 宝贝
Glad you came in. Please, please, sit.
感谢你来 请 请坐
Thank you, Mr. Erickson.
谢谢 艾利森先生
Ronnie's fine.
叫我罗尼就好了
Ronnie. Uh...
罗尼
Well, I know you'll be mostly interfacing with Howard,
我清楚你一般都是与霍华德联络
but as one of the three partners at Lockhart/Agos,
但作为洛&艾律所三个合伙人之一
I just wanted to personally welcome you.
我就是想亲自来欢迎你
Well, thank you. And...
谢谢
I understand you've been with the Food Service Union
我明白你在食品和服务业公会
for 33 years. Food and Commercial Services.
做了33年 是食品和商业服务业
I... Oh, excuse me.
我...抱歉
Oh, I do have to take this. Uh...
我得接个电♥话♥
No, please.
没事 请便
Did you tell Ronnie Erickson I went to prison?
你告诉罗尼·艾利森我进过监狱
Do you ever knock? He's acting like I'm a crook.
你敲门了吗 他看我跟看骗子一样
Did you tell him?! If the guy doesn't
你告诉他了吗 如果一个人
take a shine to you, that's your problem.
不喜欢你 那是你的问题
You crossed a line, Howard. You can't come barging in here
你越界了 霍华德 你不能就这么闯进来
and accuse me of, what, truthtelling? So you admit it.
指责我...说真话 这么说你承认了
Since when is truth telling a crime? You... you want to talk,
什么时候起说真话也有罪了 你 你想谈
how about you, now? I'll tell you what the problem is.
你现在还要说什么 我告诉你问题在哪儿
You do zero, Howard. I'm the guy that brings in...
你什么都不干 霍华德 我是那个带...
You sit around with your pants down, literally!
你坐那儿连裤子都不♥穿♥
Nelson Olstead. I'm the manager of A.P.Y. Collections. Hello.
尼尔森·奥斯泰德 APY追讨公♥司♥经理 你好
Hey, thank you for meeting me. I'm with Avon-Isolade,
你好 谢谢你见我 我在埃文·埃索雷工作
a debt brokerage out of Gary, Indiana.
印第安纳州盖瑞市的一家债务经纪公♥司♥
You want to buy my bad debt? Come on, there's no such thing
你们想买♥♥我的坏账 别这么说 世上没有
as bad debt. Just bad collectors.
所谓真正的坏账 只有收不回的账
Let me ask you something, broker to broker.
我有些问题问你 经纪人之间
You ever double dip any of these?
你有重复追讨这些债务吗
No. There's enough real debt.
没有 真实的债务够多了
We don't have to make it up.
我们没必要虚构债务
I mean, debt collecting might not be glamorous,
追讨债务或许不是很高大上
but it's legit. At least the way I do it.
但是合法的行当 至少我没违法
What about your other offices? What about Michigan?
那其他地方的办事处呢 比如密歇根
We don't have a Michigan office.
我们在密歇根没有办事处
Then why do I have this canceled check out of Muskegon, Michigan?
那为什么有这张密歇根州马斯基根市的兑现支票
I have no idea, but we don't have any offices there.
我不懂 但我们在那里没有办事处
Thank you.
谢谢
The address you sent your checks to--
你寄支票的地址
did it change recently?
最近有变动过吗
What do you mean?
什么意思
This check-- the-the most recent one.
这张支票 最近的这张
How'd you know to send it to Michigan address?
你怎么知道要寄到密歇根那个地址
What's going on?
怎么了
Your last check was cashed at a Michigan bank.
你最后一张支票在密歇根州兑现
There are no A.P.Y. Offices there.
那里没有APY办事处
It was from a voice mail.
地址是通过语♥音♥信箱留给我的
You still have it?
你还留着吗
This is a courtesy message from A.P.Y. Collections.
这是来自APY追讨公♥司♥的信息
We're calling to let you know that the address
我们来电通知 你的计划贷款
for remittance of your scheduled loan payments has changed.
偿还汇款地址改变了
It's not Bondi.
这不是邦迪
Please send remittances
请将汇款汇至
to 390 Deerhorn Park. Suite 777.
鹿茸公园390号♥ 777套房♥
Thank you.
谢谢
Wait, that wasn't A.P.Y.?
等等 这不是APY吗
That was a scam artist.
这是个骗子
He either hacked into the A.P.Y. Network
他要么黑进了APY的网络
or he bought your records.
要么就是买♥♥了你的信息
Collection agencies are wide open to abuse.
追讨机构信息都很公开
So her last payment was to the wrong person? Yes.
所以她最后的偿款汇给了错的人 没错
Oh, my God, so I really do owe $8,000 to A.P.Y. Then, don't I?
我的天 所以我真的欠APY八千块吗
Yeah, legally.
法律上说 是的
I... There's got to be something I can do.
我...肯定有办法解决吧
I-I can't pay it again.
我付不起第二次了
Can I make an argument here, Mom?
我能说件事吗 妈妈
Yeah, sure. What's up?
可以 怎么了
Okay, the settlement you won for the Chagall painting--
你赢夏加尔画作那个案子
your payout was $4,000 for 20 hours of work
你的价钱是4000块20个小时
Right.
没错
As opposed to $500,000
如果算抽成的话
if it had been on contingency.
报酬可达五十万美元
Yes, but the rules on contingency
对 但对遗嘱的酬金制
for probate are very strict.
要求是非常严格的
It would've been almost the same as our hourly rate.
最后很可能就跟小时计费差不多
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表