Uh, did you need Alicia's number?
你需要艾丽西娅的电♥话♥吗
Oh, no, I was calling for you.
不 我找的是你
Well, well, how may I help you?
那有什么需要我帮忙吗
I, uh, haven't done this in quite a while,
我很久没这么做了
so I'm a, I'm a little rusty,
所以有些...有些生疏
but, uh,
但是
would you like to have dinner with me?
你愿意和我共进晚餐吗
Intent.
意图
What "intent"?
意图
The Federal Analogue Act has a scienter requirement.
联邦类似物法案有明知要求
You have to know what you were doing.
你必须知道自己在做什么
You had to know that you were making an analogue drug.
你必须知道自己在制♥造♥类似药物
Yes, but Roland did know.
是 罗兰德知道啊
He knew he was making an analogue of GHB.
他知道他在制♥造♥类似G水的药物
Yes, but he hasn't testified to that.
是 可他还没证明那点
Look, my client
我的当事人
didn't know he was buying an analogue to GHB.
不知道他买♥♥的是类似G水的药物
He thought he was buying GHB.
他以为自己买♥♥的就是G水
So he can't be prosecuted for buying a controlled substance,
所以他不能因购买♥♥管制药物被起诉
because it wasn't one.
因为那不是
He can only be prosecuted for purchasing an analogue,
他只能因购买♥♥类似药物被起诉
but only if he knew it was an analogue,
但只在他知道那是类似药物的情况下
which he didn't.
而他不知道
Yes. A very neat one.
没错 一个典型状况
But it only works for my client...
那使我当事人脱罪的唯一办法就是...
if he thought he was making actual GHB,
他认为自己就是在制♥造♥G水
not an analogue.
而非类似药物
That's right.
没错
You're not a chemist, Roland.
你不是化学家 罗兰德
You studied computer science, right?
你学的是计算机科学对不对
Yeah, but I did a lot of research.
是 但我做了很多研究
I mean, you know, I love learning.
我是说我好学
Wait, hold on.
等等
Is there a chance that while you, in fact,
有没有可能
made tert-Butyl whatever,
你在制♥造♥什么叔丁基的时候
you were trying to make GHB?
其实你是想制♥造♥G水呢
Tert-Butyl 4-hydroxybutanoate.
叔丁基 4-羟基丁酸乙酯
Your intent is important here.
你的意图至关重要
What you intended to do.
你的意图是什么
No. Wait.
不 等下
Don't say anything yet.
什么都别说
You can't be convicted of making GHB,
你不能因制♥造♥G水被判有罪
because it wasn't GHB.
因为那不是G水
You can only be convicted of making an analogue.
你只能因制♥造♥类似药物被判有罪
But if you thought you were making GHB...
但如果你以为你制♥造♥的是G水...
if you didn't know you had created an analogue...
如果你不知道自己制♥造♥的是类似药物...
No intent.
没有意图
Right.
对
To be clear,
你要明白
I'm just telling you what your dealer
我只是告诉你卖♥♥你药的毒贩
is going to testify to.
会指证什么
I'm saying that could be your defense,
我是说如果你想制♥造♥的是G水的话
if you were trying to make GHB.
我便可借此为你辩护
So... no rush.
所以别急
Take a moment and think.
花点时间想清楚
So what were you trying to make?
你想制♥造♥的是什么
GHB.
G水
So you never intended to make an analogue drug.
所以你从未打算制♥造♥类似药物
Uh, no.
是的
I thought I was making the real thing.
我就是在制♥造♥真的G水
Objection.
反对
What's your objection?
反对理由
He's just admitted he was trying to manufacture a controlled substance.
他刚承认了他试图制♥造♥管制药物
Yes, but he didn't succeed in making a controlled substance.
是 但他没能成功
He made an analogue-- I imagine you're arguing "by accident."
他制♥造♥了类似药物 我猜你会说「意外」
Yes, Your Honor. It's a little cute,
是的 法官阁下 是有些狡辩的意思
but it does put you in a bind, Mr. ASA.
但情况的确对你不利 助理检察官先生
This is semantics. No. It's the law.
这是语言漏洞 不 是法律规定
You know the difference? I get a gavel.
你知道区别在哪儿吗 拍板的是我
Your Honor, we move to dismiss.
法官阁下 我们请求撤销此案
Hold on, I still get to cross.
等等 我还是要进行交叉质询
You do. Mrs. Florrick, keep your motion handy.
可以 福瑞克夫人准备好你的动议
Mr. Hlavin,
拉温先生
how did you know how to make GHB?
你怎么知道如何制♥造♥G水的
Read it online.
网上查的
And if you were trying to make GHB,
如果你想做的是G水的话
why did you give it a new name?
为何要起个新名字呢
Snowball Chi sounded cooler.
芝加哥雪球听起来更赞
I'm pretty good at marketing.
我对市场营销很在行
I mean, I'm pretty good at most things.
我是说我对大多事情都很在行
Not at making GHB, apparently.
显然不包括制♥造♥G水
Excuse me?
你说什么
I'm just saying
我只是说
you set out to make one thing
你打算制♥造♥一样东西
and you made something else. That's a failure.
而成品却是另一样东西 这叫失败
Objection, Your Honor. Badgering the witness.
反对 法官阁下 纠缠证人
It's not much of a badger. Overruled.
算不上纠缠 反对无效
I didn't... it's not a failure.
我没有...这不是失败
You've never held a job in chemistry, have you?
你没有从事过化学方面的工作 对吗
No. So what?
对 那又怎样
And you were arrested during your third drug deal? Fourth.
而你在第三次毒品交易时被捕 第四次
So you're not one of these
所以你不是
designer drug geniuses.
那种造毒天才
You didn't make something safer or smarter or better.
你没做出来什么更安全更难检测更好的毒品
You're just a kid who tried to make something off the Internet
你就是个想从网上学做东西的小屁孩
and you botched the job! No, it is better.
而且你还搞砸了 不 我做的东西更好
Oh, so you knew you were making something different?
所以你知道你在做点不同的东西
I knew I was making something that saves lives.
我知道我做的能救生命
Not like GHB?
跟G水不一样
That's right!
对
Thank you.
谢谢你
No further questions.
没有其他问题了
Mrs. Florrick,
福瑞克夫人
your motion to dismiss is denied.
你的撤案提议被驳回
Your client will stand trial.
你的当事人将进行庭审
Yeah. Hey, Grace, what's up?
格蕾丝 怎么了
There's something up with your client.
你的当事人好像有哪里不太对
He didn't go to Stanford.
他没上过斯坦福
Yes, he did. Class of 2011.
他上了 2011级的
No-- yes.
不是 是
I mean, yes, he's on the alumni web site,
我的意思是 他确实在校友会网站上
but I called the school.
但是我给学校打电♥话♥了
They don't have a record of anyone with that name.
他们没有任何你当事人的记录
Ever. Neither does IBM.
IBM也没有
And the home address on his arrest report?
他被捕时上报的家庭住址
There's a Cuban family living there.
现在住着一家古巴人
Grace, what's going on?
格蕾丝 这到底是怎么回事
I have no idea.
我也不知道
But your client doesn't seem to exist.
你的当事人好像不存在
I have to be out of here in an hour, Eli. Me, too.
我一个小时后就得走 伊莱 我也是
Why? Where are you going?
为什么 你要去哪
I have things to do.
我有事要办
You're not the only person who works, you know.
又不是只有你一个人要工作
I hear you're punishing yourself.
我听说你在惩罚你自己
Punishing?
惩罚
That's what Owen says.
欧文说的
Working for nothing,
说你工作没意义
helping the great unwashed.
帮助什么不洁之人
I'm starting over,
我是要一切重新来
and it's a good feeling.
而且我感觉很好
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表