I worked at Al Asad Air Base,
我在安巴省的艾尔阿萨德空军基地
Anbar Province for two years.
工作过两年
Mr. Waller, this is the report
沃勒先生 这是你就
you filed on the theft by Maia Sachs.
玛雅·萨克斯盗窃的报案文件
Does this accurately describe
这上面是否准确描述了
the events of this past Tuesday?
上周二发生的盗窃事件
Sure does. We see this ruse every day.
当然 我们每天都看到这样的诡计
Customer walks in
客人进入商店
with an empty Salvatori bag.
拿个空的萨瓦托利购物袋
They rip the tags off some item,
他们把某件商品的标签撕掉
drop the item in the bag,
把商品放进购物袋
and pretend to return it for cash. Thank you.
再假装去退货 谢谢
Mr. Waller...
沃勒先生
We're done here, Mrs. Florrick.
结束了 福瑞克夫人
I... Excuse me?
你说什么
We're done here. You can cross tomorrow.
今天结束了 你明天再盘问
Factory whistle's blown.
下班口哨吹响了
Your Honor, my-my cross will only take a few minutes.
法官阁下 我的盘问只需几分钟
Mrs. Sachs, you'll be spending the night
萨克斯夫人 今晚你将在
in the Cook County Jail unless you choose to plead...
库克县监狱度过 除非你认罪
Your Honor, this is... this is blackmail.
法官阁下 这简直就是要挟
Plead or jail, Mrs. Sachs?
认罪还是去监狱 萨克斯夫人
I'm not pleading. Fine.
我不认罪 好
Henry, would you please escort
亨利 你能护送萨克斯夫人
Mrs. Sachs to the Cook County Jail?
去库克县监狱吗
Hang in there, Maia. It'll be okay.
坚持下去 玛雅 没事的
And if it's not okay, Mrs. Sachs,
萨克斯夫人 如果有事
you can blame your attorney.
你可以怪在你律师头上
Alicia, it's Jason.
艾丽西娅 我是杰森
You ever argue a case against racial profiling?
你打过种族歧视的官司吗
I'm optimistic.
我挺乐观的
Wind's blowing our way.
局势对我们有利
Is this a Trojan horse?
这是木马计吗
Reese, may I call you back?
里斯 我再打给你好吗
Trojan horse?
木马计
To raise malpractice insurance.
来提高医疗事故保险金
To make sure no doctor ever helps a dying patient
来确保医生不会帮助垂死的病人
end his or her life?
结束生命
Yes, of course. That's a secondary purpose.
是 当然的 那是我们的次要目的
So this is the first of many suits?
所以这是诸多诉讼中的第一个
Doctors are rarely moved by ethical arguments against euthanasia.
医生基本不为安乐死的伦理论证所动
But they do understand money.
但他们对钱有感觉
Rising malpractice rates tend to sharpen the mind.
提高医疗事故保险金会让他们头脑更敏感
Do you know any terminally ill people, Mr. Carver?
你认识末期疾病病人吗 卡维尔先生
I mean gravely ill and in constant pain?
我是说危在旦夕且持续疼痛的病人
Yes.
认识
And you don't think that person
你不认为这样的人
has the right to end his or her life?
有权利结束自己的生命吗
I don't think doctors should be in the business of killing,
我认为医生不该做杀人这件事
if that's what you're asking.
如果这是你想问的
I know it's a strange concept.
我知道这是个奇怪的概念
But I don't like when categories get confused.
但我不喜欢概念混淆
When a fireman starts fires
当消防员纵火
instead of putting them out. Fahrenheit 451.
而不是灭火 《华氏451度》
I thought you'd appreciate that.
我还以为你喜欢这种观点
So you're fine with civilian volunteers
那么你同意平民志愿者
helping people die instead of doctors?
帮助人们自杀但不同意医生这么做
No. But at least it would take
不 但至少这么做可以让
the veneer of medicine away from it.
医疗的形象远离自杀这种事
I don't understand you people.
我不明白你们这类人
We people?
我们这类人
You want to get government off our backs
一到堕胎和安乐死这类问题上
until it comes to issues like abortion and euthanasia.
你就想要政♥府♥来管我们了
A perfectly healthy woman was allowed to kill herself
一个完全健康的女人可以在
at an assisted dying clinic in Basel.
巴塞尔的协助自杀诊所自杀
She wasn't terminal, she wasn't sick.
她没有危在旦夕 她没病
Her only rationale was...
她这样做唯一的原因是
she was afraid of getting old.
她害怕变老
And losing control.
从而失去对一切的控制
Doctors killed
医生们去年
1,807 people last year in Belgium.
在比利时终结了1807人的生命
Some only suffering from depression.
其中有些人仅仅是患有抑郁症
Yes, and if this were Belgium, we would have something to argue
没错 但我们并不在比利时
Dominoes fall fast in this country.
我们的国家也很快就会被影响的
Just ask gay couples getting married in Alabama.
看看那些阿♥拉♥巴马州结婚的同性恋伴侣
Ouch. Ouch, my head is hurting from the wrongness here.
我的天 我真的听不下去了
You ask anyone
你去问问
who survives a jump from the Golden Gate Bridge
那些从金门大桥跳下来自杀的幸存者
what their last thought is...
他们最后的一刻的想法是什么
You've done a lot of that, have you?
你一定问过很多人吧
It's always this: what a stupid mistake I just made.
每个人的回答都是 「我怎么这么傻」
And that's why you would take away their choice?
这就是你剥夺他们选择权的原因吗
I don't think this country should make it easier for people to die.
我不认为国家应该帮助人♥民♥更容易地选择死亡
Not even the terminally ill?
绝症患者都不行
We should make it easier to manage pain. That should be the goal.
我们的目标应该是帮助他们减轻痛苦
Why not both?
为什么不两者兼顾呢
Do you want off this case?
你是不是不想打这案子了
No.
不是
But I want it to be about this case
但我希望我只用管这个案子
and not every case.
不要牵扯所有
Okay.
好的
Raptor is onsite. It's Mrs. Florrick.
目标已到场 是福瑞克夫人
Copy that. I've got eyes on Raptor.
收到 已监测到目标
Hello, Mrs. Florrick.
你好 福瑞克夫人
Mrs. Florrick, hello.
你好 福瑞克夫人
I don't think we've met. I'm Ruth Eastman,
你好像还不认识我 我是鲁斯·伊斯曼
your son's campaign manager.
你儿子的竞选经理
Oh, I love that purse. It's very attractive.
我喜欢这个钱包 真漂亮
Thank you. I need to speak to my son.
谢谢 我要见我的儿子
Oh, he's in a meeting right now. Why don't we talk for a minute?
他正在开会呢 不如我们先聊聊
I was just pouring some tea.
我刚沏了壶茶
I'd love to. And maybe after I speak to my son.
好的 但是让我先跟我儿子说完话吧
Actually, I'm afraid it's our standing staff meeting.
抱歉 这是我们的员工会议
Every Tuesday, come hell or high water.
每周周二 雷打不动
Peter?
彼得
Unfortunately, that won't work.
很抱歉 他是听不见的
Our aides are instructed:
助理们都被下达了死命令
no interruptions, no exceptions.
任何人都不能打扰 没有例外
Just give 'em 20 minutes. Come on.
等20分钟就好了 来吧
Why don't we get better acquainted in here?
趁此机会我们可以互相熟悉一下
Oh, excuse me. Um...
抱歉
excuse me. Let me answer this, and we'll talk.
不好意思 等我打完这个电♥话♥我们再聊
It'll just be a minute.
很快就好
Hello.
你好
Yes, I prescribed ten grams of pentobarbital liquid to Alexa.
没错 我给艾莉克莎开了10克液态戊巴比妥
And what steps did you take before prescribing it?
在开药之前你做了什么呢
I examined Alexa and determined she had a terminal illness
我给艾莉克莎做了检查 诊断表明
that would likely cause death within six months.
她患有绝症 并且很有可能在6个月内死亡
And, of course, I talked to her. About what?
然后 我跟她谈了一下 谈了什么
Whether this was voluntary.
这项方案是自愿的
Whether it was what she wanted. If she was depressed.
她是不是真的希望如此 她有没有抑郁
Sounds thorough.
听上去合情合理
I try to be.
我尽力了
The law requires we discuss every danger
法律要求我们在开处方前
and issue before we prescribe.
交代清楚所有可能出现的情况和危险
But more than that, I thought it was my responsibility.
而且不仅于此 我觉得那也是我的责任
Thank you.
谢谢
Dr. Brinton, the law also says
布林顿医生 法律同样规定
that patients need to be advised of their alternatives.
患者必须被告知一切可以选择的方案
Did you tell Alexa about the Duke study?
你是否告诉过艾莉克莎杜克大学的研究
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表