Yes, but to withhold an opinion,
是的 但是要保留意见
you have to have an opinion.
你首先必须有自己的意见
Opinions are nothing without science behind it.
没有科学支持的意见是没有意义的
No, you're an expert witness.
是的 但你是位专家证人
If your opinion rises out of your expertise,
如果你的观点是从你的专业知识中得出的
that's something.
那就很有分量了
You don't usually play this game.
你通常不会玩这种把戏的
I know. My client's being railroaded.
我知道 我的委托人被诬陷了
He's not being "Railroaded."
他不是被诬陷了
He's a Democratic governor
他是一位被民♥主♥党陪审团
being judged by a Democratic jury.
审判的民♥主♥党州长
That's as far from "Railroaded" as you can get.
这和"诬陷"可是大相径庭
I'm not asking you to lie.
我不是叫你去说谎
I'm just...
我只是
asking you to give your preliminary opinion.
在请求你说出你的初步观点
In a manner that is helpful to my defense.
以一种对我的辩护有帮助的方式
Please, Kurt.
求你了 库尔特
Help me?
能帮帮我吗
You were the ballistics expert hired by the SA's office
你是当时受雇于州检察官办公室
to assess these bullets?
评估这些子弹的弹道专家吗
That is correct.
没错
Now, I should get something out of the way,
现在 首先 我要先说明
right up front.
一下情况
I'm questioning because you
我这么问是因为你和
are related to a lawyer on our defense team.
我们辩护团队中的一位律师有亲属关系
Yes, I'm married to Diane Lockhart.
是的 我和戴安·洛克哈特结婚了
Congratulations.
恭喜
Thank you, Your Honor.
谢谢 法官阁下
But this marriage happened after
但你们是在你为州检察官办公室
the ballistics testing you did for the SA's office?
完成弹道测试之后才结婚的对吗
Yes. Did you give Governor Florrick
是的 在这些子弹消失前 你当时
a preliminary report on these bullets
给福瑞克州长提交过一份关于这些子弹的
before they disappeared? Objection!
初步分♥析♥报告对吗 反对
Your Honor, this trial has nothing to do
法官大人 这场审判和洛克
with Locke's guilt.
是否有罪无关
This is about Peter Florrick.
这是关于彼得·福瑞克的
Yes, and we are offering
是的 我们引入
Mr. McVeigh's testimony
麦克维先生的证词
to show Governor Florrick's state of mind.
是为了重现福瑞克州长当时的心境
His state of mind is irrelevant here.
他的心境并不重要
It-it's his action...
是他的行为
Governor Florrick had no reason to lose these bullets
福瑞克州长没理由弄丢这些子弹
if he thought they proved Locke's innocence.
如果他认为这些子弹能证明洛克的清白
In fact, it would be against his interest...
实际上 这会与他的利益相冲突
Your Honor, this is circular...
法官阁下 这是死循环
I'll allow.
准许提问
He likes her.
他喜欢她
Mr. McVeigh?
麦克维先生
As a respected ballistics expert,
作为一位为州检察官办公室
who has worked for the SA's office for ten years--
工作了十年之久的备受尊敬的弹道专家
what was your determination about these bullets?
你对这些子弹的分♥析♥结果是什么
Well, I should say that my findings were preliminary.
我应该说我得出的只是初步分♥析♥结论
But from what I saw,
但依我所见
these bullets did not come from Mr. Locke's gun.
这些子弹并不是从洛克先生的手♥枪♥里发射的
Pardon our dust.
请原谅这些装♥修♥粉尘
Pardon our noise.
还有这些噪音
Yeah, the world has changed.
是啊 世界已经改变
People don't look
人们现在已经
for the same thing in a law firm.
不在律所里寻求一成不变的服务了
They look for a personality.
他们追寻的是一种个性
Which is what we want to supply--
这正是我们希望能提供的
an all-service firm
一家从女性视角出发的
with a female perspective.
提供全面和全程服务的律所
Diane, sorry to interrupt.
戴安 不好意思打断一下
Uh, the Coleman divorce, the bitch is on the line.
关于科尔曼离婚案 那个贱♥人♥打电♥话♥过来了
She wants to talk to both of us.
她想和我们两个一起聊聊
David, what is your problem?
大卫 你有什么问题吗
My problem?
我有什么问题
Yes, there is no Coleman divorce.
是的 根本没有什么科尔曼离婚案
My problem is I'm an equity partner.
我的问题是我是权益合伙人
You're spending my money.
你在花我的钱
No, I'm spending our money.
不 我在花我们的钱
There was a vote.
我们投过票了
A vote in a dictatorship is not a vote.
专♥制♥独♥裁♥下的投票根本不算数
It was a fair vote.
那是一次公平的投票
With women outnumbering men.
投票的女性人数碾压男性
Oh, my God, I'm so sorry, David.
我的上帝 对不起 大卫
The women outnumber the men.
女性人数碾压男性
That must be so hard for you.
这对你来说肯定不容易
It's not only hard, it's discriminatory.
这不仅仅是不容易 这是性别歧视
Oh, come on, you know what we were doing.
拜托 你知道我们在做什么
You've been on a hiring binge,
你在大肆疯狂招人
and how many men have you interviewed?
然而你面试了多少男人呢
How many male lawyers have you met with?
你又见了多少男律师呢
I have met with men. Watch it, Diane.
我有见男人 等着瞧吧 戴安
There's a discriminatory suit in your future.
你未来会被扣上性别歧视的帽子的
This is an affidavit from a coworker of Geneva Pine.
这是一份吉妮瓦·派恩的同事的书面证词
He says that Geneva often
他说吉妮瓦经常
bullied her way into other cases.
强行介入其他案子
That's it? Nothing else?
就这些吗 没别的了吗
Nope.
没了
Just time and dates
只有时间和日期
and she had some issues with back taxes.
还有一些欠缴税款的问题
Nothing about her sleeping with Peter?
没有什么关于她和彼得有染的证词吗
Nothing I could confirm independently.
没有我可以确认的证词
Did you try to confirm it independently?
你有试过去确认吗
I'm just...
我只是
I'm in a awkward position here.
我处境有点尴尬
I know.
我知道
And I think I'm done.
我觉得我做不了了
What does that mean?
什么意思
I can't be doing this for your husband anymore.
我不能继续为你丈夫这么做了
Investigating.
调查的事啊
We'll talk after the trial.
我们等审判完后再好好聊聊
Okay.
好的
You're a student of Mr. McVeigh's?
你是麦克维先生的学生吗
Yes, for four years.
是的 跟他学了4年
And you were asked to review Mr. McVeigh's work in his case?
你被要求去重新审查麦克维先生所做的工作吗
Yes. Diane?
是的 戴安
Who is she?
她是谁
Kurt's favorite.
库尔特最喜欢的学生
Whatever that means.
不管那是什么意思
And what did you find?
你发现了什么
Well, it was quite preliminary.
分♥析♥结论确实相当的初步
Mr. McVeigh has only conducted
麦克维先生只对那些子弹
one chemical analysis on the bullets.
进行了一项化学分♥析♥
And as Kurt said, before he could make
而且就如库尔特所说 在他想进行
a more thorough examination,
更详尽的检测之前
the bullets went missing.
子弹就遗失了
Did you find any deficiency in his analysis?
你有在他的分♥析♥中发现什么不足吗
Objection-- calls for speculation.
反对 引导证人推测
Your Honor, as the defense pointed out,
法官阁下 正如辩方之前所指出的
this is not about whether Locke is innocent or guilty.
这不关洛克是否有罪
This is about Peter's state of mind.
这是关于彼得当时的心境
And therefore, Mr. McVeigh's work
因此 麦克维先生所做的工作
and how it was presented
和它是如何呈献给
to Peter has a great bearing on this trial.
彼得的和本次审判有很大的关系
But Mr. McVeigh had actual access to the bullets.
但麦克维先生确实地接触到了这些子弹
Ms. Westfall does not...
而韦斯特福尔小姐并没有
Oh, come on, you do not get to benefit
拜托 你不能从你的委托人
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表